看美剧学英语高频短语:Read between the lines

Read between the lines: To understand a hidden or implied meaning in a message that is not directly stated. It involves looking beyond the literal words to grasp the true intention, emotion, or message, often from subtle clues, tone, or context.

看美剧学英语高频短语表达:Read between the lines

这个习语的意思是理解信息中没有明说、但隐藏或暗示的含义。它要求超越字面意思,通过细微的线索、语气或上下文来领会真实的意图、情绪或信息。

场景一:选自美剧《金装律师》S02E03 18:50 (Mike与Daniel)

Mike: Uh, you wanted to see me, Mr. Hardman? 呃,您要见我吗,哈德曼先生?
Daniel: Please. Call me Daniel. 请叫我丹尼尔就好。
——>> Sit down. 坐吧。
——>> First of all, I want to tell you 首先,我想告诉你
——>> Harvey speaks very highly of you. 哈维对你评价很高。
Mike: He does? 是吗?
Daniel: Well, it’s Harvey. 嗯,毕竟是哈维。
——>> So you have to read between the lines. 所以你得听出他的弦外之音。
Mike: What did he say? 他说什么了?
——>> That I’m– I’m not a complete idiot? 说我……我不是个彻头彻尾的白痴?
Daniel: Something like that. 差不多吧。

场景二:选自美剧《绝望的主妇》S02E16 20:10 (Nurse Heisel与Susan)

Nurse Heisel: Time to check your blood pressure. 该量血压了。
Susan: Oh, sure. 哦,好的。
——>> Oh, that’s a little tight. Does it have to be that tight? 哦,有点紧。非得这么紧吗?
Nurse Heisel: – Yes. – 是的。
Susan: – Oh. – 哦。
——>> Okay. Ow, ow! That’s actually starting to be painful. 好了。噢,噢!这真的开始疼了。
Nurse Heisel: Really? That surprises me. 真的吗?那倒让我意外了。
——>> I just assumed you were dead inside. 我还以为你内心已经麻木了呢。
Susan: Ow! Ow! What the hell are you doing? 噢!噢!你到底在干什么?
Nurse Heisel: I told myself to stay out of this, but I can’t. 我告诉过自己别管这事,但我做不到。
——>> I know that you’re married. 我知道你结婚了。
Susan: I am not! 我没有!
Nurse Heisel: Really? Hmm, ’cause that man that came to see you yesterday, he said you’re his wife. 真的吗?嗯,因为昨天来看你的那个男人,他说你是他妻子。
Susan: Oh! Yeah, oh… 哦!是啊,哦……
——>> no, no, he just said that ’cause we used to be married. 不,不,他那么说只是因为我们以前结过婚。
——>> It’s just a force of habit. 只是习惯使然。
Nurse Heisel: Oh, that explains everything. 哦,这解释得通。
——>> Except that I checked your insurance forms, and you’re still married. 只不过我查了你的保险表格,你现在还是已婚状态。
——>> So that makes you a lying, adulterous [ə’dʌltərəs] skank [skæŋk]. 所以这让你成了一个撒谎、通奸的贱货。
Susan: Oh, no. No, no. No, no, nurse Heisel. 哦,不。不,不。不,不,海瑟尔护士。
——>> Ow, ow, ow, ow! Ow, nurse Heisel! 噢,噢,噢,噢!噢,海瑟尔护士!
——>> Ugh! Nurse! 啊!护士!
——>> Nurse Heisel, I can explain. 海瑟尔护士,我可以解释。
Nurse Heisel: Can you, skank? 你能解释吗,贱货?
Susan: Yes. Okay. 能。好吧。
——>> I am married, but it’s only because my insurance ran out. 我是结婚了,但那只是因为我的保险到期了。
——>> My ex-husband has a really good coverage plan, 我的前夫有一个非常好的保险计划,
——>> so he said that he would remarry me so I could get my operation. 所以他说他会和我复婚,这样我就能做手术了。
——>> Only I didn’t wanna tell Dr. Ron 只是我不想告诉罗恩医生,
——>> ’cause I didn’t want him to be an accomplice to fraud. 因为我不想让他成为欺诈的同谋
Nurse Heisel: So, you’re what…? 所以,你是在……?
——>> Protecting him? 保护他?
Susan: Yeah. It- yes, I am. 是的。是——是的,我是在保护他。
Nurse Heisel: Okay. 好吧。
——>> As long as you’re not two-timing him. 只要你不是在欺骗他的感情就行。
——>> He feels so strongly about you. 他对你用情至深。
Susan: I know. I read the card. 我知道。我读过卡片了。
Nurse Heisel: But did you read between the lines? 但你读出字里行间的意思了吗?
Susan: What do you mean? 你什么意思?
Nurse Heisel: Okay, I shouldn’t be telling you this, 好吧,我不该告诉你这个,
——>> but when we were picking out the flowers for you, 但当我们为你挑选鲜花时,
——>> he said that he was working up the courage to say he loves you. 他说他正在鼓起勇气说爱你。
Susan: Really? 真的?
Nurse Heisel: Yes! 是的!
——>> But you have to act surprised, okay? 但你必须表现得惊讶一点,好吗?
Susan: Oh, yeah, I’ll be surprised. 哦,好的,我会很惊讶的。
——>> So, I guess we have the whole insurance thing worked out. 所以,我想我们的保险问题算是解决了。
Nurse Heisel: Oh! Pfft. Don’t worry about that. Please. 哦!噗。别担心那个了。拜托。
——>> Who am I to cast stones? 我哪有资格指责别人?
——>> I mean, heck… 我是说,见鬼……
——>> I didn’t pass my nurse’s exam. 我根本没通过护士考试。
——>> They didn’t even ask me! 他们甚至都没考我!

场景三:选自美剧《摩登家庭》S02E16 20:10 (Claire, Phil以及Harold)

Claire: Phil… 菲尔……
——>> Phil, when I said we needed to go home, I meant it. 菲尔,我说我们需要回家的时候,是认真的。
Phil: I’m sorry. I should have listened to you. 对不起。我本该听你的。
——>> But you have to stay for just one song. 但你得再待一会儿,就听一首歌。
Claire: Why? 为什么?
Phil: Trust me. 相信我。
Harold: Whoo! How’s everybody doing?! 呜!大家好吗?!
Crowd: Good! 好!
Guitar Player: All right, next up, we have 好的,接下来,我们有一位
——>> a very special guest joining us. 非常特别的嘉宾加入我们。
——>> Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for… 女士们先生们,掌声欢迎……
——>> Harold Grossman! 哈罗德·格罗斯曼!
Phil: Wait. What? 等等。什么?
Harold: Uh, never really done anything like this before. 呃,以前从没真正做过这样的事。
——>> Uh, some of the gang down at the pharmacy 呃,药房的一些伙计们
——>> talked me into it, so… 说服了我,所以……
——>> Gotta take a little time 得花点时间
——>> A little time to think things over 花点时间把事情想清楚
——>> I’d better read between the lines 我最好读懂言外之意
——>> In case I need it when I’m older 以备年老时需要
——>> In my life 在我生命中
Phil: Turns out Harold Grossman, our pharmacist, 原来哈罗德·格罗斯曼,我们的药剂师,
——>> is a rock star. 是个摇滚明星。
——>> His voice is the drug he should be dispensing, 他的嗓音才是他应该配发的药,
——>> because apparently, it’s the cure for everything. 因为显然,它能治愈一切。

场景二:选自美剧《欲望都市》S04E10 10:57

旁白: Samantha finally got her meeting with hotel magnate, Richard Wright. 萨曼莎终于见到了酒店大亨理查德·赖特。
——>> Smart, tough, a real ball buster. 聪明、强硬,一个真正的狠角色。
Richard: I’ve enjoyed meeting you, but truth be told, Ms. Jones… 很荣幸见到你,但说实话,琼斯女士…
——>> – your resume’s all fluff. 你的简历华而不实。
Samantha: – Fluff? – 华而不实?
Richard: – It’s just parties and social events. – 净是些派对和社交活动。
Samantha: – What is it that you do in your hotels? – 那你的酒店是做什么的?
——>> Nuclear fission [‘fɪʃn]? 搞核裂变吗?
Richard: I admit, I’m intrigued. 我承认,我有兴趣
——>> If I wasn’t, you would’ve been down in the lobby… 如果我没兴趣,你早在10分钟前
——>> having a cappuccino 10 minutes ago. 就在楼下大厅喝卡布奇诺了。
——>> Here’s an idea. 我有个想法。
——>> I’m talking to Brad Rosen. 我正在和布拉德·罗森谈。
——>> Maybe you two can get together and share the work. 也许你们俩可以合作,分担工作。
——>> Five hotels, it’s a big job. 五家酒店,工作量很大。
Samantha: I know it’s a big job. That’s why I’m still here… 我知道工作量很大。所以我还在这里…
——>> and not down in the lobby having a cappuccino. 而不是在楼下大厅喝卡布奇诺。
——>> I appreciate your offer… 我感谢你的提议…
——>> but I don’t need a partner. 但我不需要合伙人。
Richard: Read between the lines, Ms. Jones. 听听弦外之音吧,琼斯女士。
——>> I deal with a lot of businessmen. 我和很多商人打交道。
Samantha: What are you saying? 你什么意思?
——>> That businessmen would be more comfortable… 你是说商人们和女人打交道时,
——>> dealing with a woman if she were working next to a man? 如果她旁边有个男搭档会更自在?
Richard: You have a lot to offer. 你很有能力。
——>> You might want to consider working with a partner who isn’t so… 你或许该考虑和一个没那么…
——>> emotional. 情绪化的搭档合作。

发表回复

您的邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注

本站所有资源版权均属于原作者所有,这里所提供资源均只能用于参考学习用,请勿直接商用。若由于商用引起版权纠纷,一切责任均由使用者承担。更多说明请参考 VIP介绍。

最常见的情况是下载不完整: 可对比下载完压缩包的与网盘上的容量,若小于网盘提示的容量则是这个原因。这是浏览器下载的bug,建议用百度网盘软件或迅雷下载。 若排除这种情况,可在对应资源底部留言,或联络我们。

对于会员专享、私藏软件、高频短语、句型结构、修辞应用等类型的素材,文章内用于介绍的图片通常并不包含在对应可供下载素材包内。这些相关商业图片需另外购买,且本站不负责(也没有办法)找到出处。 同样地一些字体文件也是这种情况,但部分素材会在素材包内有一份字体下载链接清单。

如果您已经成功付款但是网站没有弹出成功提示,请联系站长提供付款信息为您处理

源码素材属于虚拟商品,具有可复制性,可传播性,一旦授予,不接受任何形式的退款、换货要求。请您在购买获取之前确认好 是您所需要的资源