看美剧绝望主妇学英语:Gaby, Carlos与律师David

在《绝望的主妇》第二季第四到第五集中,加布丽尔·索利斯在羞辱、欲望与濒临瓦解的婚姻之间疲于奔命,因为卡洛斯依旧身处牢狱。她每周前往美景镇监狱探视丈夫,反倒吸引了囚犯们层出不穷的夸赞——这些关注她从未想要过——直到一次与律师的冲突意外引发混战,让她获得了所谓“有史以来最美妙的恭维”。

为了挽回婚姻中那点她自以为的“连结”,加布丽尔坚持要夫妻探视,却因此得罪了卡洛斯的原律师,让丈夫的处境更糟。被迫另寻辩护,她找上了美景镇最强势、最狠的律师——大卫·布莱德利。两人的首次会面完全是火花四溅:大卫断言她的婚姻注定失败,质疑她的动机,甚至半明半暗地向她示好,傲慢又带点挑逗。

但加布丽尔绝不容人轻视。她以同样锋利的反击回敬,一边维护自己的婚姻,一边与大卫讨价还价,最后不仅成功雇下这位强势律师,也逼他在期限内办好夫妻探视。在这条支线中,幽默、情绪与权力博弈交织,把加布丽尔与卡洛斯混乱而爆裂的关系呈现得淋漓尽致,同时也让大卫以“狂但有效”的姿态强势登场。

于是剧情来到 Gabrielle 的家。她刚运动完、满头大汗时,David 不请自来——因为她早先给他留过一条语焉不详的留言。双方一见面,气氛立刻变得暧昧又危险。Gabrielle 坦白 Carlos 既需要 David,又惧怕 David;她恳求 David 想办法消除 Carlos 的疑虑,否则这段婚姻真的撑不住。David 明知对方婚姻岌岌可危,却仍保持着他一贯的冷静、锋利和调侃式魅力。他对 Gabrielle 的脆弱心态洞若观火,对 Carlos 的偏执也了然于胸。两人一边讨论“如何保持专业距离”,一边又在潜意识里互相试探界限。剧情就在这种“道德即将崩塌”的张力中向前推进,也为下一场戏——David 再次去见 Carlos 的逆天洗脑操作——埋下伏笔。

三人坐下来谈合作时,大卫没有选择辩解,反而反将一军,用夸张、震撼和心理施压的方式正面“迎战”卡洛斯的疑虑。他那段令人瞠目结舌的“提议”并不是为了挑衅嘉比,而是为了证明:卡洛斯需要的,是一个连他都不怕、能在关键时刻掌控局面的人。而讽刺的是,大卫这种反常识的打法,反而成功说服了卡洛斯当场决定——就他了。

看美剧绝望的主妇学英语

In this arc from Desperate Housewives Season 2, Episodes 4–5, Gabrielle Solis finds herself juggling humiliation, desire, and a crumbling marriage as Carlos remains behind bars. Her weekly visits to the Fairview County Jail draw increasingly absurd compliments from inmates—attention she never asked for—until a chaotic confrontation with her lawyer accidentally earns her what she calls the “nicest compliment” she’s ever received.

Desperate to revive the intimacy she believes once held her marriage together, Gaby demands a conjugal visit, only to alienate Carlos’s original attorney and push her husband into deeper legal trouble. Forced to find new representation, she turns to the formidable David Bradley, Fairview’s most cutthroat and successful lawyer. Their first meeting becomes a clash of egos: David dismisses her marriage as doomed, questions her motives, and even propositionally circles her with a blend of arrogance and seduction.

But Gaby refuses to be patronized. Matching his sharpness beat for beat, she defends her marriage, negotiates his absurd fee, and ultimately secures what she wants—legal help and the promise of a conjugal visit. Through sharp humor, emotional volatility, and a battle of wills, this storyline exposes the messy, combustible dynamic between Gaby and Carlos, while introducing David as a lawyer whose brilliance is only rivaled by his brazen confidence.

So the story shifts to Gabrielle’s home. She’s sweaty and disheveled from working out when David unexpectedly shows up, claiming she left him a message. From the moment he walks in, the atmosphere becomes tense, charged, and slightly dangerous. Gabrielle admits that Carlos needs David but also feels threatened by him, and she begs David to find a way to regain Carlos’s trust—otherwise her already fragile marriage may not survive Carlos’s full sentence.

David, ever composed and razor-sharp, reads her desperation perfectly. He sees through her fears, sees through Carlos’s paranoia, and stays completely in control. As they talk about “keeping things professional,” the subtext becomes clear: both of them are testing boundaries while pretending not to. The entire conversation simmers with moral ambiguity and forbidden tension. This moment sets the stage for what comes next—David’s next-level maneuvering when he goes to see Carlos again and flips the situation entirely in Gabrielle’s favor.

When the three finally sit down together, David decides to confront Carlos’s suspicion head-on. Instead of denying anything, he uses shock, humor, and psychological pressure to flip the power dynamic. His outrageous “pitch” is less about seducing Gabrielle and more about proving one thing: if Carlos wants a lawyer who isn’t afraid of anything—not even him—David is the only one who fits the job. And ironically, by the end of the conversation, Carlos is convinced.


Narrator: The residents of the Fairview county jail 美景镇监狱的居民们
——>> looked forward to every Tuesday. 都盼望着每个星期二。
——>> That was the day that Gabrielle Solis 因为那天是加布丽尔·索利斯
——>> came to visit her husband. 来探视她丈夫的日子。
——>> The inmates went out of their way to give her compliments 囚犯们变着法儿地恭维她,
——>> whether she wanted them to or not. 不管她乐不乐意。
——>> With each visit, these accolades [‘ækəleɪd] became 每次探视,这些赞美之词都
——>> increasingly inventive. 变得越发有“创意”。
——>> Still, Gabrielle was not flattered. 然而,加布丽尔并不觉得受用
——>> In fact, Gabrielle started to dread this special attention. 事实上,她开始害怕这种“特别关注”。
——>> Until one day, when… 直到有一天,当……

Gabrielle: I don‘t think a conjugal [‘kɒndʒʊgəl] visit is such a ridiculous request. 我不觉得申请夫妻探视是什么荒唐的要求。

Lawyer: With all due respect, Mrs. Solis, 恕我直言,索利斯太太,
——>> let‘s just get through the discovery phase first, okay? 咱们先过了证据开示这关,行吗?

Gabrielle: But I don‘t think I can wait that long. 可我恐怕等不了那么久。

Lawyer: I am trying to get your husband out of jail. 我正在努力让你丈夫出狱。
——>> Do you want me to just stop everything 你难道想让我放下所有正事,
——>> so you can have a booty call? 就为了满足你的生理需求?

A booty call is a casual, usually late-night request to meet someone for sexual activity, without emotional commitment or a romantic relationship. (对应中文翻译:约炮——为了发生性关系而发出的随意邀约,没有感情与承诺,多属口语,带一点调侃或不太正式的意味。)

Gabrielle: Excuse me, we are husband and wife. 请注意,我们是合法夫妻。
——>> We make love. It is a very sacred covenant [‘kʌvənənt] . 我们做爱,这是非常神圣的约定。
——>> Okay, look, all we need is 20 minutes. 好吧,听着,我们只要20分钟。

Lawyer: I said no. 我说了不行。
Gabrielle: You can‘t tell me no. 你没资格对我说不。
——>> You work for me. 你为我工作。
——>> You will make it happen. 你得把这事办成。
Lawyer: You can‘t force me to do anything. 你不能强迫我做任何事。
——>> I am not your maid or your gardener. 我不是你的女佣,也不是你的园丁。
——>> I can have you arrested for that. 你这样我可以告你妨碍司法。
Gabrielle: Oh, really? And how about for this? 哦,是吗?那这样呢?(扇律师耳光
Lawyer: You crazy bitch! 你这个疯婆娘!
Prisoner 1: Hey, apologize to the lady! 嘿,给这位女士道歉!
Lawyer: Big mistake, pal. I play golf with the warden. 大错特错,朋友。我可是和典狱长一起打高尔夫的。
——>> You‘re gonna rot… 你会烂在……
Prisoner 2: You heard him. Apologize. 你听见了。道歉。
Lawyer: Look, fellas, 听着,伙计们,
——>> I am just trying to do my job. This is all her fault! 我只是在做我的工作。这都是她的错!
——>> If she weren‘t so damn horny… ow! 要不是她这么欲求不满……嗷!(被打
——>> All right! All right! 好吧!好吧!(被迫道歉
Prisoner 3: Come on. 说啊。
Narrator: It was at that moment it occurred to Gabrielle… 就在那一刻,加布丽尔忽然意识到……
Prisoner 4: Apologize! 道歉!
Narrator: This was the nicest compliment she had ever received. 这是她收到过的最美妙的恭维。

Carlos: You incited a prison riot. 你引发了一场监狱暴动。
Gabrielle: It wasn‘t a riot. 那不是暴动。
——>> It was more of a melee [‘meleɪ] . 顶多算混战。
Carlos: Who‘s going to defend me now? 现在谁来为我辩护?
——>> Doyle knew my case. 多伊尔熟悉我的案子。
——>> He knew the judge. 他认识法官。
Gabrielle: He called me a bitch. 他骂我是婊子。
Carlos: Well, were you acting like one? 那你当时表现得像吗?
Gabrielle: He refused to help me get a conjugal [‘kɒndʒʊgəl] visit. 他拒绝帮我申请夫妻探视。
Carlos: Hold it. 等等。
——>> My lawyer‘s in traction [‘trækʃn] because you wanted sex? 就因为你想要,我的律师现在得住院牵引治疗?

Traction nursing

Gabrielle: Not just for me, for us. 不只是为我,是为我们。
——>> In case you haven‘t noticed, Carlos, 卡洛斯,不知你注意到没有,
——>> our marriage is still on shaky ground. 我们的婚姻依然摇摇欲坠。(disintergrating, crumbing down, on the rocks
Carlos: And you thought a conjugal visit would fix it? 所以你觉得夫妻探视就能解决问题?
Gabrielle: It couldn‘t hurt. 至少没坏处。
——>> Ever since you‘ve been in here, all we do is bicker. 自从你进来以后,我们除了吵架还是吵架。
Carlos: That‘s all we ever did when I was out. That‘s what we do! 我进去前我们也吵。我们就这样!
Gabrielle: Yeah, but when we would finish arguing, 对,但以前我们吵完架后,
——>> we would have this great sex. Now all we do is fight, 会有酣畅淋漓的性爱。现在我们只吵不“做”,
——>> and there‘s no payoff, and it sucks! 毫无“回报”,这太糟糕了!
——>> You and I need to get laid! 你和我都需要来一发!
——>> Oh, don‘t judge me. 噢,别用那种眼神看我。
——>> You‘re not in here because you got caught helping the poor. 你进这儿来又不是因为救济穷人被抓。
——>> See, we‘d be enjoying this argument more 看吧,如果我们有点盼头,
——>> if we had something to look forward to. 我们会更享受这次吵架的。
Carlos: Fine. Get the damn lawyer. 行。去找个该死的律师来。
——>> And make it quick. 快点搞定。

欧文点评:In this context, Gabrielle expresses her frustration with the state of her marriage to Carlos while he is in prison. She points out that their relationship has deteriorated into constant bickering since Carlos’s incarceration, and she longs for the passionate intimacy they used to share after arguments. Gabrielle’s remark, “we’d be enjoying this argument more if we had something to look forward to, this highlights her belief that their relationship lacks excitement, fulfillment and anticipation without physical intimacy.

Gabrielle’s comment, “You and I need to get laid,” reflects her belief that sexual intimacy could help improve their relationship and alleviate some of the tension and dissatisfaction they are experiencing. Gabrielle’s statement highlights the complexity of intimate relationships and the role that physical connection can play in emotional satisfaction and relationship dynamics. She implies that their lack of physical intimacy has contributed to their ongoing conflicts and dissatisfaction with their marriage.

It is said that as a woman matures, the chapter of desire unfolds with new intensity—growing more assured and potent in her thirties and forties.

Narrator: There was a reason David Bradley 大卫·布莱德利能成为
——>> was the most successful lawyer in all of Fairview. 美景镇最成功的律师,不是没有原因的。
——>> His arguments were persuasive… 他的辩词极具说服力……
David: No one ever has to know. (对秘书低语)不会有人知道的。
Narrator: His manner was forceful… 他的作风强势有力……
David: Take it off. Take it off. (对电话那头)脱掉。脱掉。
Narrator: And he tended to win on appeal. 而且他总能在“上诉”中获胜。双关:他凭借自身的魅力所向披靡。

第一层:字面法律含义
“他倾向于在上诉中获胜。”
这是对律师专业能力最直接的褒奖。在司法体系中,上诉审往往比一审更复杂、更具挑战性,需要律师具备更精湛的法律技巧、更强大的说服力和更严谨的逻辑。说他“总赢上诉”,是强调他是律师界的顶尖高手,是能够扭转乾坤、解决棘手难题的终极武器。

第二层:双关引申含义
“他凭借自身的魅力所向披靡。”
这里的 “appeal” 不再指法律程序,而是指他个人的 吸引力、魅力、感染力(personal appeal/attractiveness)。这层含义与剧中旁白的上下文和人物的风流设定紧密相连:

  • 上文提到他的论据“极具说服力”(persuasive),举止“异常强硬”(forceful)。

  • 下文紧随一个极具性暗示的场景(他对电话那头说“脱掉,脱掉”)。

  • 全剧也塑造了他自信、圆滑、对女性极具吸引力的形象。

因此,这句双关的完整解读是:
“他不仅在法律‘上诉’中稳操胜券,更凭借其非凡的个人‘魅力’(尤其是对异性的吸引力)无往不利。”

总结:
这句双关语是典型的美式幽默与人物速写手法,用同一个词组,同时完成了两件事:

  1. 建立专业权威:确立他是位战无不胜的王牌律师。

  2. 揭示人物性格:暗示他同时是一个利用自身魅力作为武器、在情感和社交场上也游刃有余的风流人物。

正是这种一语双关,让这个人物的出场既专业又充满危险而性感的张力,简洁而富有深意。

——>> And when it came to the more challenging cases, 当面对更具挑战性的案子时,
——>> he knew it was to his advantage to raise the first objection. 他知道,先假意拒绝反而对他更有利

David:
 I‘m not gonna take your case. 我不打算接你的案子。
Gabrielle: What? 什么?
David: Yes? (对进来的秘书)什么事?
Clerk: Sorry to interrupt, Mr. Bradley. 抱歉打扰,布莱德利先生。
——>> Your dinner just canceled. Want me to pull your reservation? 您的晚餐约会取消了。需要我取消预订吗?
David: No, I still have to eat. 不用,饭总还是要吃的。
——>> I‘m sorry, where were we? 抱歉,我们说到哪了?
Gabrielle: You were about to turn me down, 你正要拒绝我,
——>> and then you reconsidered 然后你会重新考虑,
——>> once you realized I was gonna throw a ton of money at you, 一旦你意识到我会扔给你一大笔钱——
——>> which I am. 而我确实会。
David: Ah. It‘s not about the money for me anymore, Mrs. Solis. 啊。对我而言,这不再是钱的问题了,索利斯太太。
——>> The fact is, if I don‘t feel passionately about a client, 事实是,如果我对客户没有那种激情,
——>> if I don‘t feel that fire in my belly, 如果我内心没有那股火,
——>> I don‘t bring my A-game to court, 我就不会在法庭上全力以赴,
——>> and from what I‘ve read, 而据我所了解的情况,
——>> it‘ll take my A-game to save your husband. 救你丈夫正需要我全力以赴。

欧文点评:

隐藏内容

此处内容需要权限查看

  • 普通6金币
  • 会员6金币
  • 永久会员免费推荐

发表回复

您的邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注

本站所有资源版权均属于原作者所有,这里所提供资源均只能用于参考学习用,请勿直接商用。若由于商用引起版权纠纷,一切责任均由使用者承担。更多说明请参考 VIP介绍。

最常见的情况是下载不完整: 可对比下载完压缩包的与网盘上的容量,若小于网盘提示的容量则是这个原因。这是浏览器下载的bug,建议用百度网盘软件或迅雷下载。 若排除这种情况,可在对应资源底部留言,或联络我们。

对于会员专享、私藏软件、高频短语、句型结构、修辞应用等类型的素材,文章内用于介绍的图片通常并不包含在对应可供下载素材包内。这些相关商业图片需另外购买,且本站不负责(也没有办法)找到出处。 同样地一些字体文件也是这种情况,但部分素材会在素材包内有一份字体下载链接清单。

如果您已经成功付款但是网站没有弹出成功提示,请联系站长提供付款信息为您处理

源码素材属于虚拟商品,具有可复制性,可传播性,一旦授予,不接受任何形式的退款、换货要求。请您在购买获取之前确认好 是您所需要的资源