看美剧金装律师学地道商务英语口语表达
以下这段对话出自美剧《金装律师》第二季第五集(”Break Point”),在剧中,哈维(Harvey)、艾莉森(Allison)、杰西卡(Jessica)和丹尼尔·哈德曼(Daniel Hardman)展开了紧张的对话,讨论的是律所面临的危机以及如何应对。通过这段对话,大家可以深入理解法律职业中,尤其是律师在危机中的应对策略、谈判技巧及领导力运用。同时也能学到在面对团队内外压力时如何坚持自己的立场和做出决策。

场景介绍:在这一集里,哈维和他的团队面临着一起极为复杂的法律案件。艾莉森(Allison),作为外部律师,试图促使哈维的团队达成和解协议,以避免继续上法庭。然而,哈维坚持要继续战斗,不愿轻易认输。此时,艾莉森指出,哈维的助理唐娜(Donna)销毁了证据,这让整个情况变得更加复杂。艾莉森要求立刻达成和解协议,而哈维则认为他们可以在法庭上争取更大的胜利。
Allison: Let me get this straight. Your own assistant destroys evidence, | 我就不逗圈子了,你的助理销毁了证据,
——>> and you still want to go to trial? | 你还想要继续审判吗?
Harvey: Yes. | 没错。
Allison: No. You need to cut a deal right now. | 不行,你现在需要达成协议。
Harvey: You mean we need to cut a deal, right? Because we’re all on the same side? | 你的意思是我们需要达成协议,对吗?因为我们不是在同一阵线吗?
Jessica: Harvey | 哈维
Harvey: You think I didn’t know what you were up to with that affidavit? | 你以为我不知道你在那份宣誓书上做了什么吗?
Allison: I was advising my client, the firm. | 我是给我的客户,也就是公司提供建议。
Harvey: You once told me I was the firm. | 你曾经说过我就是公司的一部分。
Jessica: She came to me and thought that you were in on it. | 她来找我,觉得你知道这件事。
Be in on sth:to be involved in or to have knowledge of a secret, plan, or activity, often before it is shared with others. (参与某个秘密、计划或活动,通常是在别人还不知道之前就已经知道或参与其中。这意味着你是某个群体的一部分,或者对某个保密或排外的事情有所了解。)
——>> I said no way. She wanted you to sign that thing. | 我坚决否认。她想让你签那份东西。
——>> I’m the leader of this firm. I made a decision. | 我是这家公司的领导者,我做了决定。
——>> You were happy to do it. Don’t blame me for Donna. | 你当时愿意做这件事,别把唐娜的事怪到我身上。
Harvey: I’m not, but I need to know if you still believe me. | 我不是在怪你,但我需要知道你是否还相信我。
Jessica: I do. | 我相信。
Daniel Hardman: That’s beside the point. We have a decision to make. | 那不是重点,我们得做个决定。
Allison: There is no decision. We need to cut a deal–today. | 没有什么可决定的,我们今天就得达成协议。
Harvey: You know what, that’s the difference between us, Allison. | 你知道吗,这就是我和你之间的区别,艾莉森。
——>> You want to lose small. I want to win big. | 你只想减少损失,而我想赢得更大。
Knowledge Points from the Dialogue (商务英语学习的知识点):
-
Negotiation Skills (谈判技巧):
The dialogue reflects key negotiation strategies such as making demands, offering compromises, and holding firm to one’s position. For example, Allison insists on cutting a deal, while Harvey sticks to his stance of going to trial. This is a classic negotiation situation where both parties seek the best outcome but have conflicting approaches. -
Power Dynamics in the Workplace (职场中的权力动态):
The characters, especially Harvey and Jessica, display power struggles within the firm. Harvey questions Jessica’s authority, which illustrates how power and decision-making in the workplace can be influenced by internal dynamics and past relationships. -
Use of Legal Terminology (法律术语的运用):
The dialogue involves phrases that reflect legal negotiations, such as “cut a deal,” “go to trial,” “affidavit,” and “decision-making.” These are useful expressions in any legal or business setting, where formal agreements, decisions, and legal procedures are common. -
Leadership and Responsibility (领导力与责任):
Jessica’s role as the firm’s leader is highlighted, emphasizing the importance of leadership in decision-making, especially when the firm’s future is at stake. Her response to Harvey’s concerns showcases how leaders must take responsibility for tough decisions. -
Conflict Resolution (冲突解决):
The conversation is full of tension, with characters attempting to resolve internal conflicts—whether about business strategies or personal disagreements. Learning how to navigate these types of conflicts is essential in business settings.
这段对话为商务沟通和谈判提供了几项重要的见解。它展示了谈判策略,例如做出让步或在某个观点上坚持,可以决定商务决策的结果。它还强调了在冲突和危机时期,领导力在公司管理中的作用。杰西卡在对话中的领导力展示了一个强大且果断的领导者如何为组织的更大利益做出艰难的选择。此外,这段对话提供了有用的法律和商务术语,适用于任何企业环境,特别是在处理谈判、协议和决策时。
This dialogue offers several important insights into business communication and negotiation. It demonstrates how negotiation tactics, such as making concessions or standing firm on a point, can determine the outcome of a business decision. It also highlights the role of leadership in managing a company during times of conflict and crisis. Jessica’s leadership in the dialogue shows how a strong, decisive leader can make difficult choices for the greater good of the organization. Moreover, the conversation provides useful legal and business terminology that is applicable in any corporate environment, especially when dealing with negotiations, agreements, and decision-making.



