看美剧金装律师学英语:Jessica反客为主击败Georgina

下面的场景是《金装律师》第六季第九集中一场充满张力的高手对决,其精妙之处正在于地点发生在乔治娜·洛厄的办公室

  • 权力位置的颠覆:杰西卡·皮尔森作为“来访者”主动踏入乔治娜的领地,这在表面上看似乔治娜占据主场优势。然而,杰西卡从踏入房间的那一刻起,就通过沉稳的气场和精心准备的策略,反客为主,将乔治娜的“主场”变成了“审判席”。

  • 主动的攻势:杰西卡此行绝非请求,而是一场精心策划的“精准打击”。她明确指出已故证人玛丽亚·戈麦斯的证词可因“陈述者无法出庭”的法律例外而被采纳,直接戳中了乔治娜当初未能妥善处理该证人的职业失误。

  • 终极通牒:当乔治娜以职业道德为盾牌拒绝合作时,杰西卡亮出了她的终极武器——一份早已备好的宣誓证词。她给出的不是一个选择,而是一个两难陷阱:要么签署证词拯救无辜者,要么在法庭上作伪证并面对杰西卡本人的怒火

看美剧金装律师学英语:Jessica与Georgina交锋

整个场景的张力正源于此地的选择——杰西卡深入“虎穴”,在对手的地盘上,通过绝对的专业知识、周密的准备和强大的个人威压,彻底击溃了对方的心理防线,完成了一场经典的“以客制主”的权力博弈。随着戏剧性音乐响起,镜头定格在乔治娜震惊的脸上,这场对决以杰西卡的完胜告终。

Georgina: Jessica Pearson. 杰西卡·皮尔森。
Jessica: My secretary should’ve told you I’m not taking new clients. 我的秘书应该告诉过你,我不接新客户。
Georgina: I take it you know why I’m here. 我想你知道我为什么来这里。
——>> I tried to be polite when your protege accused me 当你的门生指责我在伦纳德·贝利案中 (注意两个与之相邻近的词汇:disciple、apprentice)
——>> of not doing my job with Leonard Bailey. 玩忽职守时,我试图保持礼貌。
——>> But I’m not gonna be told by someone who harbored a fraud 但我不会让一个包庇骗子的人
——>> what a bad lawyer I am. 来告诉我我有多差劲。
Jessica: I don’t think you’re a bad lawyer, Georgina. 我认为你不是个差劲的律师,乔治娜。
——>> I think you’re a good lawyer that made a mistake. 我认为你是个犯了个错误的好律师。
——>> And I’m here to give you a chance to fix it. 我在这里是给你一个弥补的机会。
Georgina: And how’s that? 怎么弥补?
Jessica: Leonard Bailey’s alibi witness is dead. 伦纳德·贝利的不在场证人死了。
——>> That doesn’t mean her testimony is. 但这不意味着她的证词也死了。
Georgina: You want me to testify to what she told me? 你想让我为她对我说过的话作证?
——>> That would be hearsay. 那将是传闻证据。
Jessica: It would be if she were alive. 如果她还活着,那才是。
——>> But now that she’s dead… 但现在她死了…
——>> She’s an unavailable declarant [dɪˈkleərənt]. 她是个无法出庭的陈述者。

A declarant is a person who makes a statement, especially one that may be used as evidence in a legal context. (Declarant 指的是 作出陈述的人,尤其是在法律语境中可能被作为证据使用的陈述者。在证据法中,declarant其庭外陈述正在被法院审查采纳的人。当某人被称为 “不可出庭的陈述者(unavailable declarant)”,意思是此人 无法在法庭作证(如因死亡、疾病、缺席或拒绝作证),因此其先前的陈述可能按照证据法的例外规定被特别处理。)

——>> Like I said, you are a good lawyer. 就像我说的,你是个好律师。
Georgina: And I’m not pretending I let a solid witness disappear 而且我也不假装我让一个可靠的证人消失了,
——>> when that girl was a junkie 当时那女孩是个瘾君子,
——>> and her story was inconsistent at best. 她的说法充其量也是前后矛盾
Jessica: And it still should’ve been presented to a jury, 但它仍然应该呈交给陪审团,
——>> which is what we’re trying to fix. 而这正是我们想要弥补的。
Georgina: The only thing you’re trying to fix is your reputation. 你唯一想弥补的是你的声誉。
——>> And you’re not doing it by smearing [smɪrɪŋ] mine. 而你别想通过玷污我的声誉来做到。
Jessica: Georgina, a man’s life is on the line. 乔治娜,一个男人的生命危在旦夕。
Georgina: And I did my best to defend it, 而我已尽力为他辩护了,
——>> but I have no obligation to do it again. 但我没有义务再来一次。
Jessica: That’s where you’re wrong. 这你就错了。
——>> My protege took the liberty of drawing up a sworn affidavit 我的门生冒昧地起草了一份宣誓证词
——>> which states Maria Gomez told you 其中表明玛丽亚·戈麦斯告诉过你,
——>> Leonard Bailey couldn’t have murdered that couple 伦纳德·贝利不可能谋杀那对夫妇,
——>> because he was with her at the time. 因为他当时和她在一起。
——>> Now you can either sign it, 现在你要么签了它,
——>> or you lie under oath that this isn’t true. 要么在宣誓下撒谎说这不是真的。
——>> And believe you me, you do not want to be on that stand 而且你相信我,你绝不会想站在那个证人席上,

这个倒装结构古老而正式,脱离了日常口语的随意感。当杰西卡说出这个词时,她是在切换语言模式——从法律讨论切换到一种不容置疑的、近乎预言式的警告。它极大地加重了语气,相当于在说 “你给我听好了” 或 “我郑重警告你” ,其分量远重于平淡的 “Believe me”。

——>> lying to a jury and have to face me. 对陪审团撒谎,然后还得面对我。

看美剧金装律师学英语:S06E09

This scene from Suits Season 2 is a masterclass in tension and power dynamics, made all the more potent by its setting: Georgina Lowe’s office.

  • A Subversion of the Home-Field Advantage: Jessica Pearson, as the “visitor,” deliberately enters Georgina’s territory. While this should, in theory, grant Georgina the confidence and control of the host, Jessica immediately inverts this dynamic. From the moment she steps in, her commanding presence and meticulously crafted strategy turn Georgina’s own domain against her, transforming the home field into a courtroom where Georgina is on trial.

  • A Calculated Offensive: Jessica’s visit is not a plea; it is a precision strike. She coolly dismantles Georgina’s defense, pointing out that the testimony of the deceased witness, Maria Gomez, is now admissible under the “unavailable declarant” exception to the hearsay rule. This directly targets Georgina’s professional failure to properly handle the witness initially.

  • The Ultimate Ultimatum: When Georgina hides behind professional ethics to refuse cooperation, Jessica unveils her final weapon: a pre-drafted sworn affidavit. She does not present a choice but a trap: either sign the affidavit to save an innocent man, or commit perjury on the stand and face Jessica’s direct wrath.

The entire scene’s power derives from this location. By confronting Georgina in her own office, Jessica demonstrates absolute dominance. She proves that her authority is not dependent on location but is an extension of her superior preparation, legal intellect, and formidable will. The scene concludes with the dramatic music swelling over Georgina’s shocked face, marking the complete and total victory of a master strategist in a perfectly executed power play.

发表回复

您的邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注

本站所有资源版权均属于原作者所有,这里所提供资源均只能用于参考学习用,请勿直接商用。若由于商用引起版权纠纷,一切责任均由使用者承担。更多说明请参考 VIP介绍。

最常见的情况是下载不完整: 可对比下载完压缩包的与网盘上的容量,若小于网盘提示的容量则是这个原因。这是浏览器下载的bug,建议用百度网盘软件或迅雷下载。 若排除这种情况,可在对应资源底部留言,或联络我们。

对于会员专享、私藏软件、高频短语、句型结构、修辞应用等类型的素材,文章内用于介绍的图片通常并不包含在对应可供下载素材包内。这些相关商业图片需另外购买,且本站不负责(也没有办法)找到出处。 同样地一些字体文件也是这种情况,但部分素材会在素材包内有一份字体下载链接清单。

如果您已经成功付款但是网站没有弹出成功提示,请联系站长提供付款信息为您处理

源码素材属于虚拟商品,具有可复制性,可传播性,一旦授予,不接受任何形式的退款、换货要求。请您在购买获取之前确认好 是您所需要的资源