看美剧绝望的主妇学英语:不留后路用英语怎么说?

紫藤巷的粉丝们,做好准备!你有没有给过别人一个“好”建议,好到对方真的采纳了——结果却引发了灾难性的搞笑后果? 苏珊·梅耶即将以一种艰难的方式领会这个道理。

想象一下这个场面:罗宾,那位诚恳真挚、带着点(傻气)天真的前脱衣舞娘,出现在苏珊家门口。受苏珊那次关于“抓住当下”的随口鼓励所启发,她进行了一次改变人生的信仰之跃:她把“双D俱乐部”的工作辞了!但问题是什么呢?她没有计划,没有出路,而且——迈克惊恐地发现——她一点存款都没有。苏珊那番好心的“加油,姑娘!”瞬间,已然演变成一场十足的“哦不,我干了什么?”的危机。

快来见证这场尴尬大师课:苏珊,这位不情愿的人生教练,试图悄悄收回她的话,而罗宾则用那种被告知自己会飞的小狗般坚定不移的信任眼神望着她。最绝妙的一笔是什么?是迈克面无表情的“审讯”,揭露了罗宾九年的职业生涯只换来一次隆胸手术和对亮片的沉迷。现在,苏珊在道义上(且非常搞笑地)被“套牢”了,得为这位毫无就业技能的乐观主义者找一条新的职业道路。这是一场由善意、糟糕的判断力以及一个燃眉之急的疑问所构成的完美风暴:当你的核心技能是“不用手捡钞票”时,简历上到底能写什么?

准备好欣赏最高级的尴尬喜剧吧,这里的每一句“真为你高兴!”都透着恐慌,而帮助朋友则意味着得想办法把“非手持式钞票拾取技能”推销给更广阔的世界。这正是《绝望的主妇》呈现的精彩混合体:内疚、爱意,以及成为别人“意外英雄”的荒诞感。千万别错过!

Brace yourselves, Wisteria Lane fans! Ever given advice so good, someone actually took it—with hilariously disastrous consequences? Susan Mayer is about to learn this lesson the hard way.

Picture this: Robin, the earnest former stripper with a heart of (fool‘s) gold, shows up on Susan‘s doorstep. Inspired by Susan‘s offhand pep talk about seizing the day, she‘s made a life-altering leap of faith: she quit her job at the Double D‘s! The catch? She has no plan, no prospects, and—as a horrified Mike soon discovers—absolutely no savings. Susan‘s well-meaning “you go, girl!” moment has just morphed into a full-blown “oh no, what have I done?” crisis.

Witness the masterclass in awkwardness as Susan, the reluctant life coach, tries to backpedal while Robin looks at her with the unwavering trust of a puppy who just got told it can fly. The pièce de résistance? Mike‘s deadpan interrogation revealing that Robin‘s nine-year career netted her nothing but a boob job and a glitter addiction. Now, Susan is morally—and hilariously—on the hook to find this utterly unemployable optimist a new career path. It‘s a perfect storm of good intentions, terrible judgment, and the burning question: What can you put on a resume when your prime skill is picking up dollar bills without hands?

Get ready for cringe comedy at its finest, where every “good for you!” is laced with panic, and helping a friend means figuring out how to market “non-hand-based currency retrieval” to the wider world. This is Desperate Housewives serving up a brilliant mix of guilt, love, and the absurdity of being someone‘s accidental hero. Don‘t miss it!

看美剧绝望的主妇学英语:S06E14

Robin: Mrs. D.! D女士!
Susan: Robin! 罗宾!
Robin: I hope you don‘t mind me just showing up, 希望你不介意我不请自来,
——>> but I thought about what you said, and you were right. 但我仔细想了想你说的话,你是对的。
——>> It‘s never too late to change your life, so I quit Double D‘s. 改变人生,何时都不晚。所以,我把“双D俱乐部”的工作辞了。
Susan: You did? 你真辞了?
Robin: I was pretty scared at first, 一开始我挺害怕的,
——>> but now I think it‘s the best thing I ever did. 但现在我觉得,这是我做过最棒的决定。
Susan: Well, that‘s great. 哦,那太好了。
Robin: I never would have had the guts without talking to you. 要不是跟你聊过,我绝不会有这个勇气
——>> You‘re like my role model. 你就像我的榜样
Susan: Really? That‘s sweet. 真的吗?你这么说真贴心。
Robin: My old role model was Candi, down at the club, but she O.D.‘d. 我以前的榜样是坎迪,就是俱乐部里那位,但她嗑药过量去世了。
Susan: Well, I will, uh, try to do Candi proud. 呃,那我……尽量不辜负坎迪(的榜样地位)吧。
——>> Good for you, Robin. 真为你高兴,罗宾。
——>> I know change takes a lot of courage. 我知道改变需要巨大的勇气。
Robin: Oh, it sure does. 噢,可不是嘛。
——>> So what do I do now? 那我现在该干什么呢?
——>> You know… 就是……
——>> What‘s my next move? Where do I work now? 我下一步怎么走?我现在该去哪儿工作?
Susan: I‘m sorry. 等等。
——>> Y-you quit without having anything else lined up? 你……你辞职前,没先找好下家/没给自己留后路
Robin: I know it was a little hasty, 我知道是有点草率,
——>> but you said I could do whatever I wanted. 但你说过,我可以做任何我想做的事。
——>> You sounded so sure. You‘re still sure, right? 你说得那么肯定。你现在依然很肯定,对吧?
Susan: Yes, yes. I‘m very sure. The world is your oyster. Huh. 是,是的。我非常肯定。世界是你的舞台,任你闯荡。哈。
——>> You have saved up, right? 你有存款的,对吧?

Mike: She stripped for nine years and didn‘t put anything away? 她跳了九年脱衣舞,都没攒下一点钱
Susan: Apparently there was a boob job and a bad relationship. 显然,钱花在了隆胸手术和一段糟糕的恋情上。
——>> And the rising cost of glitter. 还有,亮片的成本也越来越高了。

Literal/Professional Level:

  • Glitter refers to “sequins,” a common eye-catching decoration on clothing in industries like stripping and performance.

  • Rising cost means “continuously increasing expenses.”

  • The literal meaning is: “The cost of glitter is rising.” While this may seem absurd, it directly points to a minor yet persistent and necessary expenditure on the means of production within a specific profession. It whimsically explains why Robin, who worked in a high-income job (like stripping), has no savings.

Metaphorical/Symbolic Level:

  • Glitter symbolizes the superficial glamour, illusory appeal, and the price of maintaining that image associated with her job. It refers not only to physical sequins but also encompasses all expenses required to maintain professional competitiveness: flashy outfits, expensive cosmetics, hairstyling, manicures, fitness, etc.

  • Rising cost metaphorically represents how the cost and pressure to maintain “appeal” are escalating in an industry reliant on youth and appearance. Aging and increased competition force practitioners to invest more money to sustain a “glowing” image.

Humor and Narrative Effect:

  • The humor lies in using an extremely specific, trivial, and even slightly absurd item (glitter) to summarize and mock a vast, helpless reality, creating a strong sense of contrast.

  • It instantly transforms the abstract “financial困境” into a vivid, visual picture, eliciting a wry smile from the audience while providing a more concrete understanding of the character and the bittersweet nature of her industry.

  • In the dialogue, it is listed alongside “a boob job” and “a bad relationship,” together forming a comical yet relatable list of reasons for Robin’s “vanishing funds.” This highlights her lack of long-term planning and her tendency to constantly spend on immediate glamour.

Core Meaning: This is a clever pun. On the surface, it discusses the rising price of a decorative material, but it actually satirizes how, in specific industries, the real cost (including both money and effort) of maintaining that illusory “glitter” and appeal is becoming increasingly high, turning into a hidden black hole that devours earnings.

  • Glitter 指“亮片”,是脱衣舞、表演行业服装上常见的、用于吸引眼球的装饰物。

  • Rising cost 指“不断上涨的成本”。字面意思是:“亮片的成本在上涨”。这看似荒诞,却直接指向了特定职业中一项微小但持续且必要的生产资料开销,以戏谑的方式解释为什么从事高收入职业(如脱衣舞)的罗宾却毫无积蓄。

隐喻/象征层面

Glitter 象征着她那份工作的外在光鲜、虚幻的吸引力以及维持这种形象的代价。它不仅指实物亮片,更涵盖了为保持职业竞争力所需的一切开销:华丽的服装、昂贵的化妆品、发型、美甲、健身等。

Rising cost 则隐喻了在这种依赖青春与外貌的行业里,维持“吸引力”的成本与压力与日俱增。年龄增长、竞争加剧都迫使从业者投入更多金钱来维持“光彩照人”的形象。

幽默与叙事效果

这句话的幽默在于,用一个极其具体、琐碎甚至略带荒诞的物品(亮片),来概括和揶揄一种庞大而无奈的生活现实,形成了强烈的反差感。它瞬间将抽象的“财务困境”转化为一个生动、可视的画面,让观众会心一笑的同时,也对这个人物及其所处行业的辛酸有了更具体的认知。在对话中,它与“隆胸手术”、“糟糕的恋情”并列,共同构成了罗宾“钱不知去向”的滑稽又令人同意的理由清单,凸显了她缺乏长远规划、为当下光鲜不断买单的性格与生活方式。

核心内涵:这是一句巧妙的双关语,表面在说一种装饰材料的涨价,实则讽刺了在特定行业中,维持那份虚幻的“光彩”与吸引力,其实际成本(包括金钱与精力)正变得越来越高昂,成为吞噬收入的隐性黑洞。

——>> I have to find a way to help her. 我必须想办法帮帮她。
Mike: And why is this your responsibility? 但这怎么就成了你的责任?
Susan: Because I‘m the one that told her to quit. 因为是我让她辞职的。
——>> I didn‘t think she‘d listen. No one listens to me. 我没想到她真会听我的话。从来没人听我的。
——>> I keep telling you how much I hate that shirt, and there it is. 我跟你说了多少次我讨厌那件衬衫,可你还穿着。
Mike: Okay, we‘ll help her. What do you have in mind? 好吧,我们帮她。你有什么主意?
Susan: We need to find her a job. 我们得给她找份工作。
Mike: Well, what can she do? 那她能做什么呢?
——>> Does she have skills that don‘t involve 她有什么技能是不需要
——>> picking up a dollar without using her hands? 用嘴去捡地上钞票的吗?

MJ: Why are you so sad? 你为什么这么难过呀?
Robin:Well, M.J., 这个嘛,M.J.,
——>> I need a job, and I don’t have any skills. 我需要一份工作,但我什么技能都没有。
MJ: You’re so pretty. 你那么漂亮。
——>> You could be a princess. 你可以当公主呀。
Susan:Oh, look. M.J. is so smitten with her. 哦,快看。M.J.可真是迷上她了
Mike: He’s a guy. 他是个小男子汉嘛。
——>> And she’s good with kids. 而且她对孩子很有办法。
Susan:That’s it. 有了。
——>> They’ve been looking for an assistant art teacher 学校那边一直在招美术助教,
——>> down at the school. 就在咱们这儿的学校。
——>> She said she always wanted to do something like that. 她说过一直想干点类似的工作。
Mike:Well, you think she can handle it? 你觉得她能胜任吗?
Susan:We glue macaroni to shoeboxes. 我们的工作就是把通心粉粘到鞋盒上。
——>> It’s not the hardest job in the world. 这又不是世上最难的工作。
Mike:Now see, how come when I say that, 你瞧,为什么我说这话时,
——>> you give me that look? 你就摆出那副表情?
——>> And there it is again. 又来了。
Robin: Thanks for cheering me up, M.J. 谢谢你让我开心起来,M.J.。
——>> You’re so sweet. 你真好。
MJ: You can give me a bath if you want to. 你要是愿意的话,可以给我洗澡哦。


看美剧绝望的主妇学英语:本剪辑(S06E14)相关短语解析:
 
看美剧绝望的主妇学英语:不留后路用英语怎么说?
 
Do someone proud:To do something good that makes people you are connected with feel proud. (让有关联的人感觉到骄傲与自豪)
 
E.G.1:The Wandering Earth film crew has done the chinese fans proud at the begining of the year of pig.

参考翻译:电影《流浪星球》剧组在猪年一开始就交出了一份让粉丝们自豪与满意的答卷。

E.G.2:Succeed in landing spacecraft on the dark side of the moon, Aerospace China have once again done us proud.
参考翻译:将航天器成功降落在月球背面,中国航天又一次让我们感到无比骄傲与自豪。

看美剧绝望的主妇学英语:不留后路用英语怎么说?

看美剧绝望的主妇学英语:不留后路用英语怎么说?
 

Without having anything lined up:If you do sth without having anthing else lined up, it means you are willing to let go sth without having a backup plan. (不留后路)

E.G.1:I’m contemplating quitting my job without anything lined up this year.

参考翻译:今天我打算不留后路地将工作辞掉。

E.G.2:I do not encourage you guys to quit without something lined up except in one explicit situation: if there is something illegal, unethical, or actions which carry reputational risk for you.
参考翻译:我不提倡你们不找好下家就辞去工作,除非明确碰到以下任一情况:如违法的、不道德的,或者有损你名誉的事情。

发表回复

您的邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注

本站所有资源版权均属于原作者所有,这里所提供资源均只能用于参考学习用,请勿直接商用。若由于商用引起版权纠纷,一切责任均由使用者承担。更多说明请参考 VIP介绍。

最常见的情况是下载不完整: 可对比下载完压缩包的与网盘上的容量,若小于网盘提示的容量则是这个原因。这是浏览器下载的bug,建议用百度网盘软件或迅雷下载。 若排除这种情况,可在对应资源底部留言,或联络我们。

对于会员专享、私藏软件、高频短语、句型结构、修辞应用等类型的素材,文章内用于介绍的图片通常并不包含在对应可供下载素材包内。这些相关商业图片需另外购买,且本站不负责(也没有办法)找到出处。 同样地一些字体文件也是这种情况,但部分素材会在素材包内有一份字体下载链接清单。

如果您已经成功付款但是网站没有弹出成功提示,请联系站长提供付款信息为您处理

源码素材属于虚拟商品,具有可复制性,可传播性,一旦授予,不接受任何形式的退款、换货要求。请您在购买获取之前确认好 是您所需要的资源