
401–Darling, I want you to call him and tell him what a genius Fred is. 亲爱的 你快找他 告诉他费特是个怎样的天才
402–Yeah, I got it. 我这里有
403–Stop blushing, Fred. You didn’t say you were genius, I did. 别脸红 费特 你没自称天才 是我说的
404–So quit stalling, O.J. Just tell me what you’re going to do 别支吾了 O.J. 你计划如何
405–to make Fred rich and famous. 令费特名成利就
406–Now why don’t you let Fred baby and me settle that matter, huh, puppy? 这事交给费特宝贝和我处理吧
407–Okay. But just remember, I’m the agent. 记着 我是经理人
408–He’s already got a decorator, I’m the agent. 他已经有一个室内设计师了
409–Hold it. 来了
410–Hi, there, boys. Come on in, there. 你们好
411–Right in the kitchen, you’ll find everything you need. 饮料在厨房里
412–So, listen, Fred baby. 费特宝贝
413—No, it’s Paul baby. -Oh, it is? I thought it was Fred baby .- 不 是保罗宝贝才对 – 我还以为你是费特
414—No. -Well, answer the question, all right? – 不 – 回答我问题吧
415—Is she or isn’t she? -Is she or isn’t she what? – 你认为她是不是 – 是不是什么
416–A phony. 装腔作势
Phony [‘fəʊniː]:represented as real but actually false; intended to deceive。(做作的,装腔作势的)
417–I don’t know. I don’t think so. 我不知道 我认为不是
418–You don’t think so, huh? Well, you’re wrong, she is. 你认为不是 你错了 她是
419–But on the other hand, you’re right, because she’s a real phony. 但另一方面你说得对 因为她真的装腔作势
420–You know why? Because she honestly believes all this phony junk 知道为什么吗 因为她对那些假话
421–that she believes in. 深信不疑
422–I mean it. Now look, I like the kid. I mean, I sincerely like the kid. I do. 我喜欢这小子,我说是真的很喜欢这小子。
423–I mean, I’m sensitive, that’s why. 因为我是个敏感的人
424–I mean, you gotta be sensitive to like the kid, you know what I mean? 敏感的人才会喜欢小家伙
425–It’s what you call a touch, a streak of the poet, 这是诗人的气质
426–you know what I mean? 你了解吗
427–You known her long? 你认识她很久了吗
428–Are you kidding? I’m the guy that discovered her. 开玩笑 是我发掘她的
429–I’m O.J. Berman. 我是白O.J
430–A couple of years ago, back on the coast there. 数年前 她还是个小家伙
431–She was just a kid. Of course, she had a lot of style. A lot of class. 她很有风采与气质 真的很有气质
432—A lot of what? -Class. I said she had lot of class. – 很有什么 – 气质 我说她很有气质
433–But of course, when she opened her mouth, 但她一开口说话
434–you didn’t know what she was talking, whether she was a hillbilly or an Okie. 就像一个土包子
Hillbilly [‘hɪlbɪli] 乡下人;乡巴佬;山区居民 Okie:俄克拉荷马州 (Oklahoma [ˌəʊkləˈhəʊmə ]):农夫移民
435–You know how long it took me to smooth out that accent? 你知道我花了多少时间来纠正她的口音
Smooth out sth:to make (something) smooth or flat. (使某事物顺滑、)
436—No. – I’ll tell you how long. -不 – 我告诉你多久
437–One year. You know how we did it? 一年 你知道怎么做吗
438–We gave her French lessons. Yeah. 我们给她学法文
439–Figured once she could imitate French, 当她能学会法语腔调
440–she’d have no trouble imitating English. 学会英语就不难了
441–And, finally, when I thought she’d be ready, I arranged for a little screen test. 我最后替她安排试镜
442–Well, the night before the screen test. Well, I could’ve killed myself. 试镜前一晚真把我气死
443–The night before the screen test, the phone rings. 试镜前一晚 电话响了
444–I pick it up, I said, “O.J. Speaking.” She says, “This is Holly.” 我接听 她说 “我是霍莉”
445–I says, “Holly? Holly, you sound so far away, honey. What’s with you?” 我说 “霍莉 你似乎身在远处”,你那边出什么状况了?
What’s with someone:1、what is the reason for (something) (So) what’s with the hat? 2 : what is wrong with (someone or something)
446–She says, “I’m in New York.” 她说 “我在纽约”
447–I said, “What? You got a screen test tomorrow.”我说 “什么 你明天要试镜”
448–She says, “I’m in New York because I’ve never been to New York before. “她说 “我从没来过纽约”
449–I said, “Get yourself on the plane. Get back here. “我说 “快回来”
450–She says, “I don’t wanna. “她说 “我不想回来”
451–I say, “What do you mean, you don’t wanna? What do you want? “我说 “什么 你不想”
452–She says, “I don’t wanna.” I say, “What do you want?” 她说 “我不想” 我说 “那你想怎样”
453–She says, “When I find out what I want, I’m gonna let you know.” Bang. 她说 “我知道后便告诉你”
454—So, look, Fred baby, you know. -It’s Paul baby. – 费特宝贝 你别 – 我是保罗宝贝
455–Paul baby. Sure. I mean, don’t tell me that she isn’t a phony. 保罗宝贝 行 别说她不是装腔作势
456–You know what I mean? 你听懂吗
457–Irving. Honey, Irving, where have you been? 艾云 宝贝 你到哪儿去了
458–Great, thanks. 很好 谢谢你
459–Mike, darling, I tried reaching you all day long. 迈克 我曾找过你
460–Your answering service doesn’t answer. 但你的电话代接站打不通
461–You know the trouble people have with answering services. 电话代接站的问题不少
462–Well, I guess so. Careful your mother never. 我想是的。– 我那天在埃摩洛哥遇到你妈
463–She’s been running around. 她很漂亮
464–You look so wonderful. 你很漂亮
465–I know. And after all that she said about him, and he knows that. 我知道 自她说了那些之后 他也知道
466–Holly. 霍莉
467—Time, darling. -What? -几点了 亲爱的 – 什么
468–The time? 几点了
469—Do you have a watch? – No, I don’t. – 你有手表吗 – 没有
470—Let me see it. It’s 6:45. – Thank you so much, dear. – 让我看看 是六点三刻 – 谢谢你
471–Can I borrow it? 可否借我
472–Really, was that necessary? 有必要这样吗
473–This is some party. Who are all these people, anyhow? 好热闹 这些人是谁
474–Who knows? The word gets out. 天晓得 他们闻风而至
475–You don’t mind, do you, darling? 你不介意吧 亲爱的
476–Reinforcements. 补给品来了
477—Where do I put it? -Right in there. – 该放在哪儿 – 放里边吧
478–Holly. 霍莉
479–Holly, darling. 亲爱的霍莉
480—What’s that? -Mag Wildwood. – 那是谁 – 怀玛吉
481–She’s a model, believe it or not, and a thumping [‘θʌmpɪŋ 极大的、庞大的] bore [bɔː(r) 讨厌的人;麻烦事]. 信不信由你 她是模特儿 更是麻烦鬼
482–But just look at the goodies she brought with her. 但看看她带来什么好东西
483–He’s all right, I suppose, if you like dark, handsome, rich-looking men 他还不赖 若你喜欢黑皮肤的英俊富家子
484–with passionate natures and too many teeth. 他热情 而且牙齿太多
485–I don’t mean that one. I mean the other one. 我不是说这个 是另一个
486—The other one? -He’s Rusty Trawler. – 另一个 – 那是托拉斯
487–Rusty Trawler. 托拉斯
488–He happens to be the ninth-richest man in America under 50. 他在美国五十岁以下富翁排名榜上占第九位
489–Now that indeed is a remarkable piece of information to have at your fingertips. 你的资料还真是手到擒来
At one’s fingertips:Ready at hand, immediately available. (了如指掌; 唾手可得)
490–I keep track of these things. 我很留意这些事
491—Excuse me. You owe me $47. -Hold this a minute, will you, darling? -对不起 你欠我47块 – 请你拿着吧
492–Mag, darling, what are you doing here? 亲爱的 你为什么在这儿
493–Honey, I was upstairs working with Yunioshi. 我在楼上和雄志先生工作
494–Easter stuff for the Bazaar [bə’zɑː(r) 市集;商场] . 替杂志拍复活节专集
495–Then these two nice boys came to pick me up. 这两位绅士来接我
496–It was a mistake, of course. My wires got crossed somewhere. 这是一场误会 我的头脑给弄糊涂了
One’s wires get crossed:To get confused or mixed up about another person’s intentions; to misunderstand one another. (思绪串线了,糊涂了)
497–They were both very sweet about it. 但他们一点也不介意
498–May I present Jose da Silva Pereira? 这是柏荷西
499–He’s from Brazil. 来自巴西
500–Miss Golightly. 这是高小姐
501–Very kind of you, Miss Golightly, to allow me to attend your party. 谢谢你让我参加这派对
502–I’m so interested in North American culture. 我对北美文化很感兴趣
503–I’ve been already, of course, to the Statue of Liberty 我参观过自由神像和
504–and to the restaurant Automatique.自助餐厅
505–But this is the first time I’m in a typical North American home. 我还是首次拜访典型北美家庭
506–Wouldn’t he just melt in your mouth? 他很可爱吧
507–And this is Mr. Rusty Trawler. 这是托拉斯先生
508–Miss Golightly.这是高小姐
509–You’re not vexed [veks] at me for bringing them? 我请他们来 你不生气吧
Vex:to cause difficulty to someone, or to cause someone to feel angry, annoyed, or upset
510—Of course not, darling. -I’m glad. – 当然不生气了 – 我很高兴
511–Now, who’s going to bring me a bourbon [‘bɜːbən]? 谁给我弄一杯波旁酒
512—O.J. -Yeah? – O.J. – 什么
513—Would you get Miss Wildwood a drink? -Yeah. Which one’s Miss Wildwood? – 请给怀小姐一杯酒 – 谁是怀小姐
514–Mr. Berman, we haven’t been formally introduced, 白先生 我们还没正式介绍过
515–but I’m Mag Wildwood from Wildwood, Arkansas. 我是怀玛吉 来自阿肯色州怀尔德伍德
516–That’s hill country. 那儿多山
517–You just make yourself right at home, senhor [seɪ’njəʊə]. 随便玩吧 先生
518–Oh, do not trouble yourself. 不用担心
519–I’m contented to stand observing the customs of your country. 观察你们的风俗习惯我就很高兴
520–Okay, you do that. 好的 请随便
521–Now, come along, Mr. Trawler. 托先生 来吧
522–Let’s see what we can find to amuse you with. 我们一起高兴高兴
523–Oh, no. 不
524–No, no, no. 不 不 不
525–I wasn’t supposed to pick you up. 我没说过来接你
526–You said you would pick me up, and at the last minute, I had Gil come. 你说过要来接我 最后我叫基尔来
527–Look, I wasn’t supposed to pick you up, here or anywhere. 我没说过来接你
528—Yes? -Miss Golightly? – 喂 – 高小姐
529–This time I’m warning you. 这次我警告你
530–I am definitely this time going to calling the police! 这次我一定会报警
531–Good evening. 晚安
532–Is it something important? 有什么要事吗
533–No. Just the guy upstairs. 不 只是楼上那家伙
534–Complaining about the noise. 投诉噪音
535–He’s angry. 他生气吗
536–Well, he did mention something about calling the police. 他提及报警
537–Oh, the police. The police? 报警
538–That I cannot have. I’d better find Miss Wildwood and go. 不好了 我要找怀小姐一同离开
539–To think I’d find a beau [bəʊ] of mine, 我的男友(花花公子)竟看上
540–mousing after a piece of cheap Hollywood trash. 好莱坞的低贱货
541—Mag, darling, you’re being a bore. – Shut up. – 亲爱的 你太麻烦了 – 闭嘴
542–You. You know what’s going to happen to you? 你知道你会有什么下场
543–I am going to march you over to the zoo and feed you to the yak [jæk]. 我把你送到动物园喂牝(pìn)牛
544–Just as soon as I finish this drink.先让我喝完这杯
545–Timber! 倒了
546–Sorry.对不起
547–Good evening, Ed. 艾特 晚安
548—It’s Paul baby. -Oh, yes. – 这是保罗宝贝 – 是的
549—You remember Irving, don’t you? – Yeah. Hi, Irving. – 你记得艾云吗 – 你好 艾云
550—This is Jose. – Nice to meet you, Jose. – 这是荷西 – 荷西 幸会
551—Wonderful seeing you. -Yes. – 幸会 – 是的
552–Jewel thieves. 他们是珠宝大盗
553–Sally helps me with my accounts. 沙利替我管帐
554–I have no head for figures at all. 我的数字头脑很差
555–I’m trying desperately to save some money. You know, I told you. 我一直想储点钱
556–I just can’t seem to. 但总不成功
557–He makes me write down everything in there. 他吩咐我把收入与支出列明
558–What I get, what I spend. 赚了多少 花了多少
559–I used to have a checking account, but he made me get rid of that. 我曾有一个支票户口 但他要我把它取消
560–He feels, for me, anyway, that it’s better to operate on a cash basis, tax-wise. 他认为在缴税方面会方便些 我该以现金结算
-wise:以…方式; 朝…方向; 关于; 在…方面;
561–Some day, Mr. Fred, you take this book, turn it into a novel. 你有一天会把这本子写成小说
562–Everything is there. Just fill in a little of the details. 万事俱备 只要加入细节
563–Certainly would be good for some laughs. 那只会引人发笑
564–No. No, I don’t think so. 不是的
565–This is a book would break the heart. 这书会令人心醉
566–“Mr. Fitzsimmons, powder room, $50.” “费先生 化妆室 50元”
567–“Less $18.” “用去18元”
568–“Repair one black satin dress.” “修补黑缎子裙”
569–“Cat food, 27 cents.” “猫粮 27分”
570–Sally, darling, please stop. You’re making me blush. 别说了 你使我难为情
571–But you’re right about Jack Fitzsimmons, he’s an absolute rat. 你说得对 费杰克是小人
572–I guess, of course, I don’t really know anybody but rats. 当然了 我认识的全是小人
573–Except, of course, Fred here. 除了费特之外
574–You do think Fred is nice, don’t you, Sally? 你认为费特很好吧
575–For you, I hope he is. 为了你好 我希望他是的
576–Give me a kiss goodbye. 跟我吻别吧
577–Goodbye, Uncle Sally. Till next week. 沙利叔叔 再见了 下周再见
578–Goodbye, Uncle Sally. 沙利叔叔 再见
579–Goodbye and don’t forget to send that book, eh? 记得把书寄来
580–I won’t. 一定
581–What about the weather report? 天气报告如何
582–Oh, yes. 对了
583–Snow flurries expected this weekend in New Orleans. 本周末新奥尔良会下一阵小雪
584–Snow flurries expected this weekend in New Orleans? 本周末新奥尔良会下一阵小雪
585–Isn’t that just the weirdest? 真古怪吧
586–I bet they haven’t had snow in New Orleans for a million years. 我敢打赌新奥尔良好久没下雪
587–I don’t know how he thinks them up. 真不知道他怎想出来的
588–Moon River 月河
589–Wider than a mile相 距何止一里
590–I’m crossing you in style 我有一天
591–Some day 与你相遇
592–Oh, dream maker 做梦者
593–You heartbreaker 令人心碎者
594–Wherever you’re going 不管你往哪儿去
595–I’m going your way我也相随
596–Two drifters 两个漂泊者
597–Off to see the world 去看看这世界
598–There’s such a lot of world 这世界缤纷灿烂
599–To see 目不暇接
600–We’re after 我们都追逐
601–The same 相同的
602–Rainbow’s end 梦想
603–Waiting ’round the bend 在河曲处等候
604–My huckleberry friend 我那顽童般的朋友
605–Moon River 月河
606–And me 和我
607—What you doing? -Writing.-你在干什么 -写作
608–Good.很好
609–Well, hello.你好
610—What’s wrong? -I don’t know.-怎么了 -我不知道
611–It’s probably nothing.也许没有什么
612–I want to see if he’s still there.我想看看他是否还在
613–See if who’s still there? What are you talking about?看谁是否还在 你说什么
614–Look.看
615–See? I noticed him yesterday afternoon.我昨天中午已留意到他
616–I didn’t say anything, I didn’t want to sound neurotic,我没说什么 免得像神经兮兮的
617—but when he’s there again today. -Who do you think he is?-但是他今天又在这儿 -你认为他是谁
618–It could be anybody, of course, but what crossed my mind was我也说不准 但我猜
619–suppose Bill’s having us watched, huh?也许比尔找人监视我们
620–Okay, I’ll take care of this.好吧 交给我应付
621–No. No, don’t. Please.不 别去
622–Look, if that’s what it is, you’ll only make everything worse.若我猜的没错 你只会令事情恶化
623–I’ll be careful. You wait here.我会小心的 你等我吧
624–Darling, please don’t. I don’t think you should.亲爱的 别去 你不该去
625–Now take it easy.别紧张
626–I just want to find out what this is all about.我想弄个明白而已
627–All right, what do you want?好了 你想怎样
628–Son, I need a friend.孩子 我需要一个朋友
629–That’s me. That’s her.这是我 这是她
630–That’s her brother Fred.这是她的弟弟费特
631–You’re Holly’s father?你是霍莉的父亲吗
632–Her name ain’t Holly.她不是叫霍莉
633–She was Lula Mae Barnes.她是巴雷美
634–Was till she married me.那是她婚前的姓名
635–I’m her husband, Doc Golightly.我是她的丈夫高医生
636–Paul Varjak.我是韦保罗
637–I’m a horse doctor. Animal man.我是医马的兽医
638–Do some farming, too, near Tulip, Texas.我也有务农 家在德州图利附近
639–Her brother Fred’s getting out of the army soon.她的弟弟快服完兵役
640–Lula Mae belongs home with her husband,雷美该与丈夫
641–her brother and her children.弟弟和孩子同住
642–Children?孩子
643–Them’s her children.她的孩子们
644–She’s got four children?她有四个孩子
645–Now, son, I didn’t claim they was her natural-born children.我没说他们是她的亲生孩子
646–Their own precious mother, precious woman,他们的生母 我的前妻
647–passed away July the 4th, Independence Day, 1955,在1955年7月4日逝世
648–the year of the drought.那年大旱
649–When I married Lula Mae, she was going on 14.雷美快14岁时嫁给了我
650–Now, you might think the average person going on 14,一般的14岁少年心智
651–wouldn’t know his own mind.还不成熟
652–But you take Lula Mae.但巴雷美可不是这样
653–She was an exceptional person.她是一个很特别的人
654–I’ll tell you, son,我跟你说
655–she just plumb broke our hearts when she run off like she done.当她离家出走时伤透我们的心
656–Just plain had no reason.她没有出走的理由
657–All the housework was done by her daughters.所有家务由女儿负责
658–Lula Mae could just take it easy.雷美可干得轻松
659–I tell you, that woman got positively fat,她长得很丰满
660–while her brother, he growed up into a giant.她的弟弟也长得高大
661–Which is a sight different from the way they come to us.跟他们初来我们家时两个样子
662–A couple of wild young’uns, they was.他们当时还是野孩子
663–I caught them outside the house stealing milk and turkey eggs.我抓到他们在偷牛奶和火鸡蛋
664–Lula Mae and her brother had been living他们曾在图利东部和一些
665–with some mean, no-account people about 100 mile east of Tulip.窝囊废生活
666–She had good cause to run off from that house.她有理由离开那个家
667–Never had none to leave mine.但没有理由离我们而去
668–What about her brother? Didn’t he leave, too?她的弟弟也走了吗
669–No, sir. We had Fred with us till they took him in the army.没有 我们收留费特 直至他被召入伍
670–That’s what I come to talk to her about. I had a letter from him.我为了此事来找她 我有他的信
671–He’s getting out of the army in February.他将在二月服完兵役
672–That’s why I got on a Greyhound bus to come to get her.所以我来找她
673–Lula Mae’s place is with her husband, her children, and her brother.雷美该与她的丈夫 孩子和弟弟同住
674–It’s the prize in the Cracker Jack. You want it?这是朱古力的赠品 你想要吗
675–Never could understand why that woman run off.不明白她为何离家出走
676–Don’t tell me she weren’t happy.别说她过得不快乐
677–Talky as a jaybird she was.她吱吱喳喳的说话
678–With something smart to say on every subject.而且言之有理
679–Better than the radio.比电台还厉害
680–The night I proposed, I cried like a baby.我向她求婚那晚上 我哭得像个婴孩
681–She said, “What you want to cry for, Doc? Of course we’ll be married.她说 你为什么哭 我们一定会结婚的
682–“I’ve never been married before.””我从没结过婚”
683–Well, I had to laugh and to hug and to squeeze her.我大笑起来 紧抱着她
684–“Never been married before.””从没结过婚”
685–Listen, son. I advised you I need a friend.我已说过 我需要一个朋友
686–‘Cause I don’t want to surprise or scare her none.因为我不想吓她一跳
687–Be my friend. Let her know I’m here.当我的朋友 告诉她我来了
688–Will you do that for me, son?你可以帮我的忙吗
689–Yeah, sure, Doc. If that’s what you want.好的 只要你想这样
690–Come on.走吧
691–All right.好啦
692–Coming.来了
693–Oh, darling, I’m just on my way out.亲爱的 我正要外出
694–I was supposed to be at 21 half an hour ago.我该半小时前赴约
695–Maybe we can have a drink or something tomorrow, huh?我们明天一起喝一杯吧
696–Sure, Lula Mae,好的 雷美
697–if you’re still here tomorrow.若你明天还在这儿
698–Oh, please, where is he?告诉我 他在哪儿
699–Fred?费特
700–Fred?费特
701–Gosh.天啊
702–Lula Mae.雷美
703–Gee, honey, don’t they feed you up here? You’re so skinny.甜心 他们没给你好吃的吗 你很瘦呢
704—Hi, Doc. -Gosh, Lula Mae.-你好 医生 -雷美
705–Kingdom come.太好了
706–What is it? What’s the matter? Are you all right?怎么了 你没事吧
707–I guess so. No, I’m not.没事 不是的
708—Fred, will you help me? -If I can.-费特 你能帮我吗 -好的
709–I want you to come to the bus station with us, Doc and me.我想你陪我们到车站去
710—What? -He still thinks I’m going back with him.-什么 -他还以为我会跟他回去
711–I need support. I don’t think I can play this scene alone.我需要帮助 我不能独自应付他
712–Holly, what can I do? He’s your husband.霍莉 我能怎么做 他是你的丈夫
713—No, he’s not. -He’s not?-他不是 -他不是吗
714–It was annulled ages ago, but he just won’t accept it.这段婚姻早已无效 是他不肯接受现实
715–Please, Fred. I’ll tell him you’re coming to see us off.拜托你 我告诉他你来送别
716–Don’t say anything.别说什么
717–Just meet us out front in about an hour. Please?一小时后在大门外等 拜托你
718–You wait right here, honey. I’ll get the bag.你等我一会 我去取行李
719–Why don’t I get some magazines?我去买杂志
720–Please, Fred. Don’t leave me.费特 别丢下我
721–Attention, please.请注意
722–Leaving from platform five, through coach to Dallas,五号月台班车 将前往达拉斯
723–Philadelphia, Columbus, Indianapolis, Terre Haute,费城 哥伦布 印弟安纳 泰勒欧特
724–St. Louis, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Denison, Dallas.圣路易斯 陶沙 俄克拉荷马城 丹尼逊 达拉斯
725–Come on, Lula Mae. That’s us.雷美 来吧 是我们的车
726–Doc, I’m not coming with you.医生 我不会跟你走
727–Come on. Let’s walk together quietly and I’ll try and help you understand.我们去散步 让我跟你解释
728–Help me talk to him, Fred.费特 帮我劝劝他
729–It’s all right, son.没事的
730–I appreciate you wanna help, but it’s between Lula Mae and me.谢谢你的好意 但这是我们之间的事
731–Sure, Doc.医生 我明白
732–I love you, Lula Mae.雷美 我爱你
733–I know you do, and that’s just the trouble.我知道 这才令我烦恼
734–It’s a mistake you always made, Doc, trying to love a wild thing.你总犯这样的错 去爱野生不羁的动物
735–You were always lugging home wild things.你总把野生动物带回家
736–Once it was a hawk with a broken wing,有一次是一头折翼的鹰
737–and another time it was a full-grown wildcat with a broken leg.另一次是折肢的成年野猫
738–Remember?记得吗
739–Lula Mae, there’s something.雷美 我有
740–You mustn’t give your heart to a wild thing.你不能爱野生不羁的动物
741–The more you do, the stronger they get.你越爱它们 它们越强壮
742–Until they’re strong enough to run into the woods or fly into a tree.最后它们有气力逃到树林和飞到树上
743–And then to a higher tree and then to the sky.然后便一飞冲天
744–Lula Mae, there’s something I got to tell you.雷美 我有话跟你说
745–A couple of weeks ago, I got a letter from young Fred.数周前 我收到费特的信
746–From Fred? He’s all right, isn’t he?费特 他没事吧
747–Yeah, he’s fine, I guess.我想他很好
748–He’s getting out of the army in February.他在二月便服完兵役
749—That’s what he wrote to tell me. -In February?-他在信中这么写 -二月吗
750–Well, that’s only four months.还有四个月而已
751–So you see, you got to come back with me, Lula Mae.所以你要跟我回去 雷美
752–Your place is with me and your children and your brother.你该与我 孩子和弟弟同住
753–Doc, you’ve got to understand. I can’t come back.医生 你要明白 我不能回去
754–And you got to understand what I’m trying to tell you.你也要明白我想说的话
755–Now, I don’t want to seem like I’m pressuring you none, but now I got to.我不想逼你 但我现在不这样不行
756–If you don’t come back with me,若你不回来
757–I’m gonna have to write young Fred and tell him that我便写信给费特
758–unless he wants to look out for hisself, he better sign up for another hitch.叫他再服役一段时间
759–Doc, don’t you do that. Don’t write that to him.你别这样 别写信给他
760–I’ll write him myself and tell him I want him here with me.我想他来跟我生活
761–I’ll take care of him. Don’t you worry.我会照顾他 别担心
762–You’re talking crazy, Lula Mae.雷美 你疯了
763–Doc, stop calling me that. I’m not Lula Mae anymore.别说了 我不再是雷美
764–All right, Lula Mae.好吧 雷美
765–I guess you know what you’re doing.我猜你知道你在做什么
766–Keep an eye on her, will you, son?孩子 请照顾她
767–At least see she eats something once in a while.至少确保她吃点东西
768–Sure, Doc.医生 好的
769–So skinny.她真瘦
770–Please, Doc. Please understand.医生 愿你明白
771–I love you, but I’m just not Lula Mae anymore.我爱你 但我已不是雷美
772–I’m not.再不是了
773–You know the terrible thing, Fred, darling?费特 你知道吗
774–I am still Lula Mae.最可怕的是我仍是雷美
775–Fourteen years old, stealing turkey eggs and running through a briar patch.那个十四岁 偷火鸡蛋 在田里奔走的雷美
776–But now I call it having the mean reds.但我现在却称那是心绪不宁的日子
777–Well, it’s still too early to go to Tiffany’s.现在到蒂凡尼还早呢
778–I guess the next best thing is a drink.那么我们去喝一杯
779–Yes, I very much need a drink.对 我很需要喝一杯
780—Will you buy me one, Fred, darling? -Sure.-你会请我喝酒吗 费特 -会
781–Only promise me one thing. Don’t take me home until I’m drunk.答应我一件事 不醉无归
782–Until I’m very drunk indeed.我要喝得很醉
783–Do you think she’s talented?你认为她很有天分吗
784—Deeply and importantly talented? -No.-极端和十分有天分吗 -不
785–Amusingly and superficially talented, yes,只是引人发笑和肤浅的天分
786–but deeply and importantly, no.不是极端和十分有天分
787–Gracious.真美
788–Do you think she’s handsomely paid?你认为她的收入很高吗
789–Oh, indeed.是的
790–Well, let me tell you something, mister.先生 让我告诉你一件事
791–If I had her money, I’d be richer than she is.若我有她的收入 我会比她富有
792—How do you figure that? -Because I’d keep the candy store.-为什么 -因为我会把糖果店留着
793–Old Sally Tomato. That’s my candy store.杜沙利就是我的糖果店
794–I’d always keep Sally.我把杜沙利留着
795–And that’s why I’d be richer than she is.所以我比她富有
796–We’d better get a little more air.我们去透透气吧
797–Tom, Dick, and Harry. No. Correction.汤姆 迪克和夏里 不 更正
798–Every Tom, Dick and Sid, Harry was his friend.该是汤姆 迪克和锡德 夏里是他的朋友
799–Anyway, every Tom, Dick and Sid thinks that if he takes a girl to dinner,那些阿猫阿狗以为邀女孩共进晚餐
800–she’ll just curl up like a kitten in a little furry ball at his feet, right?她便会乖乖的像一头小猫吗

