奥黛丽.赫本

801–I have by actual count been taken to dinner  我在这两个月里

802–by 26 different rats in the last two months. 便曾跟26个不同的小人共进晚餐

803–Twenty-seven, if you count Benny Shacklett,  27个才对  若把超级小人

804–who is in many ways a super-rat. 萨宾利算在内

805—I think I forgot my key. -Never mind. I just buzzed Yunioshi.-我忘了带钥匙  -不要紧  按雄志的门铃

806–Do you wanna know something funny?我告诉你一件趣事吧

807–In spite of the fact that most of these rats fork up虽然大部分小人

808–$50 for the powder room like little dolls,都给我50块钱上化妆室

809–I find I have again by actual count $9 less in the old bank account但我的户口还是比六个月前

810–than I had six months ago.少了九块钱

811–So, my darling Fred,费特

812–I have tonight made a very serious decision.我今晚下了重要决定

813–And what is that?什么决定

814–No longer will I play the field.我不再乱交情人

815—Congratulations. -The field stinks-恭喜你  -在经济和社交上而言

816–both economically and socially.这做法太差劲

817–And I’m giving it up.所以我决定放弃

818–Miss Golightly, this time I’m not only calling the police,高小姐  我这次不只叫警察

819–but the fire department and the New York State Housing Commission,还有消防处和纽约州房屋委员会

820–and, if necessary, the Board of Health!必要时还有卫生局

821–Quiet up there. You want to wake the whole house?别吵  你要把全部人吵醒吗

822–As Miss Golightly was saying before she was so rudely interrupted.正如高小姐在被无礼打断前所说

823–Miss Golightly further announces her intention高小姐宣布计划

824–to devote her many considerable talents把不算少的天分投资在

825–to the immediate capture, for the purpose of matrimony为了结婚的关系  要即时俘虏

826–of Mr. Rutherford.托先生

827–Rusty to his friends, of whom I’m sure he has many.他的朋友称他拉斯  我知道他有很多朋友

828—Trawler. -Who?-托拉斯  -谁

829–Rusty Trawler. You met him at my party a couple of weeks ago.托拉斯  你数周前在派对上见过他

830–He came with Mag Wildwood.他和怀玛吉同来

831–Not the beautiful Latin type.不是英俊拉丁男子

832–The other one, the one that looks like a pig.是另一个  长得像头猪那个

833–Remember?记得吗

834–The ninth-richest man in America under 50?美国五十岁以下富翁榜中排名第九

835–Do I detect a look of disapproval in your eye?我感到你有反对的眼光

836–Tough beans, buddy, ’cause that’s the way it’s gonna be.很遗憾  事情就是这样

837–Hi, cat.猫咪  你好

838–Holly, you’re drunk.霍莉  你醉了

839–True.没错

840—Absolutely true. True, but irrelevant. -What are you doing?-说得很对  但无关重要  -你做什么

841–So I think we should have a drink我们该为新任的

842–to the new Mrs. Rusty Trawler.托拉斯太太干杯

843—Me. -Hey, take it easy.-那就是我  -慢慢来

844–What’s the matter, don’t you think I can do it?怎么了  你以为我做不来吗

845–Tell me. Seriously, I’m interested. Don’t you think I can?认真的告诉我  你以为我做不来吗

846–You heard the Doc.你听到医生怎说

847–My brother gets out of the army in February弟弟快服完兵役

848–and the Doc won’t take him back. So it’s all up to me.医生不会收留他  只有靠我了

849–I don’t know why you don’t understand.我不知道你为何不明白

850–I need money, and I’ll do whatever I have to do to get it.我需要钱  我会不惜一切赚钱

851–So,所以

852–this time next month, I’ll be the new Mrs. Rusty Trawler.下个月我便会成为新任托拉斯太太

853–And I think we should have a little drink to that.我们喝一杯庆祝

854–It’s all gone. Isn’t that too bad?喝光了  真可惜

855–Got any whiskey upstairs?你家有威士忌吗

856—But you’ve had enough. -Go ahead. Get the whiskey.-你已经喝很多了  -快去拿酒来

857–I’ll pay you for it.我会给你钱

858—Holly, please. -No, no, you disapprove of me-霍莉  别这样  -不  你反对我

859–and I do not accept drinks from gentlemen who disapprove of me.我不接受反对我的男人请我喝酒

860–I’ll pay for my own whiskey and don’t you forget it.我有钱买酒  你可别忘了

861–Holly.霍莉

862–I do not accept drinks from disapproving gentlemen.我不接受反对我的男人请我喝酒

863–Especially not disapproving gentlemen who are kept by other ladies.尤其是已有情人的和反对我的男人

864–So take it.拿着

865–You should be used to taking money from ladies by now.你已习惯收下女人给的钱吧

866–If I were you, I’d be more careful with my money.若我是你  我会小心用钱

867–Rusty Trawler is too hard a way of earning it.下嫁托拉斯不是赚钱捷径

868–It should take you exactly four seconds to cross from here to that door.你有四秒时间滚蛋

869–I’ll give you two.我只给你两秒

870–I’ve come up to talk to you about the other night,我想和你谈那晚的事

871–then I saw the paper, and.然后看到报章

872–Well, actually, I’m kind of embarrassed about it,我也有点尴尬

873–but since it concerns you, I thought I ought to talk to you about it in person.但既然此事与你有关  便该亲自跟你说

874–What?什么

875–What?什么

876–The earplugs.是耳塞

877–I can’t go through the whole thing again.我不想再说一遍了

878–It’s sufficient to say, I’ve come to make up.我来跟你和好的

879–And as an added inducement, I have all kinds of news.而且我有不少消息

880–Can I come in?我可以进来吗

881–I guess so. Just a minute. Do I have a nightgown on?可以  慢着  我穿了睡袍吗

882–No, I don’t. Would you mind turning around for a second?没有  你可以转身一会吗

883–Oh, never mind. It’s such a corny line anyway.算了吧  那只是陈旧的对白

884–I’ll turn around myself.我转身好了

885–Come in.进来吧

886–Have you seen the paper?你看过报纸了没有

887–Rusty, you mean?你是说拉斯的新闻

888–Yes. I know all about it.我早知道

889–Certainly had him pegged wrong, didn’t I?我看错他了  是吗

890–I thought he was just a rat, but he was a super-rat all along.我以为他只是小人  但他原来是超级小人

891–A super-rat in rat’s clothing.装成小人的超级小人

892–You don’t even know the best part.还有更精彩的

893–Not only was he a rat, or a super-rat, rather,他不但是超级小人

894–he was also broke.他还身无分文

895–Broke. I mean, but not a farthing.身无分文  一毛钱也没有

896–His family has money, of course, but he personally is broke.他的家族当然富有  但他却身无分文

897–It turns out he owes $700,000.原来他欠下七十万元

898–Can you imagine anyone owing $700,000?能想像有人欠下七十万元吗

899–$43, yes.欠43元还可以

900–Anyway, that’s why he decided to marry the queen of the pig people.结果他决定和一头母猪结婚

奥黛丽·赫本-蒂凡尼的早餐

901–I’ll tell you one thing, Fred, darling,费特  我要告诉你

902–I’d marry you for your money in a minute.我可以为了钱马上和你结婚

903—Would you marry me for my money? -In a minute.-你会为了钱和我结婚吗  -马上

904–So I guess it’s pretty lucky neither of us is rich, huh?幸好我们都是穷光蛋

905–Yeah.是的

906–Fred, darling, I’m so glad to see you.费特  见到你就好

907–What have you been doing?你最近忙什么

908–Writing, mostly.大多是写作

909–Sold a story. Just got word this morning.我售出了一个作品  今早有回音

910–Oh, that’s marvelous. It really is.真的太好了

911–But.但是

912–Only how does your decorator friend feel about it?你的室内设计师朋友认为如何

913–I thought you were supposed to be saving yourself and all of that?我还以为你该储蓄呢

914–You know something?你知道吗

915–I haven’t got around to telling her about it yet.我还没告诉她

916–Look, why don’t we go out and have a drink我们去喝酒

917–or take a walk or something to celebrate?散步作庆祝吧

918–All right.好的

919–I think there’s some champagne in the icebox.冰箱里还有香槟

920–Why don’t you open it while I get dressed?你把它开了吧  我去更衣

921–Okay.好的

922–I don’t think I’ve ever drunk champagne before breakfast before.我从没试过在吃早餐前喝香槟

923–With breakfast on several occasions.曾试过吃早餐时喝

924–But never before, before.但从没试过在早餐前喝

925–Now I’ve got a wonderful idea.我有个好主意

926–We can spend a whole day doing things we’ve never done before.我们整天去做些从没做过的事

927–We’ll take turns. First something you’ve never done, then me.首先是你  然后是我

928–Of course, I can’t really think of anything I’ve never done.我可想不到有什么我没做过

929–I’ve never been for a walk in the morning before.自从来了纽约后

930–At least not since I’ve been in New York.我没试过在早上散步

931–I’ve walked up Fifth Avenue at 6:00,我曾在六点在第五大道上走

932–but as far as I’m concerned, that’s still night.但那时还是晚上

933—Do you think it counts? -Sure it counts. Now we’re even.-这个也算吗  -当然  我们扯平了

934—Don’t you just love it? -Love what?-你喜欢吗  -喜欢什么

935–Tiffany’s.蒂凡尼

936–Isn’t it wonderful?它不是很棒吗

937–You see what I mean how nothing bad could ever happen to you这儿不会发生

938–in a place like this?什么坏事

939–It isn’t that I give a hoot about jewelry, except diamonds, of course.我不是看不起珠宝  当然除了钻石外

940–Like that.像这个

941–What do you think?你认为如何

942–Well.那个

943–Of course, personally, I think it would be tacky to wear diamonds before I’m 40.我认为40岁前戴钻石有点俗气

944–Well, you’re right. But in the meantime, you should have something.对  但你现在该拥有什么

945–I’ll wait.我会等的

946–No. I’m gonna buy you a present.不  我送你一份礼物

947–You bought me one, a typewriter ribbon, and it brought me luck.你送的色带给我好运

948–All right, but Tiffany’s can be pretty expensive.但蒂凡尼的东西很贵

949–I’ve got my check and $10.我有支票和十块钱

950–Oh, I wouldn’t let you cash your check.你不能把支票兑现

951–But a present for $10 or under, that I’ll accept.但我会接受十块钱或以下的礼物

952–Of course, I don’t exactly know what we’re going to find at Tiffany’s for $10.不知道蒂凡尼有什么东西会在十块钱以下

953–May I help you?可以为你效劳吗

954–Perhaps. Actually, we were looking for a present for the lady.也许吧  我们为这小姐找份礼物

955–Certainly, sir.是的  先生

956–Is there something special you had in mind?你有什么想要的

957–Well, we had considered diamonds.我们曾考虑过钻石

958–Now, I don’t want to offend you,我无意冒犯

959–but the lady feels that diamonds are tacky for her.但她认为钻石太俗气

960–Oh, I think they’re divine on older women,我认为年长点戴钻石才好看

961–but I don’t think they’d be right for me. You do understand?只是不适合我而已  你知道吗

962–Certainly.是的

963–In all fairness, I think I ought to explain. There’s also a secondary problem.我还要解释一下  我有另一个问题

964–One of finance.是财政问题

965–We can only afford to spend a limited amount.我们的预算不多

966—May I ask how limited? -$10.-请问有多少  -十元

967–$10?十元

968–That was the outside figure, yes.这是上限

969–I see.原来这样

970–Do you have anything for $10?你有十元的礼物吗

971–Well, frankly, madam, within that price range这个价钱的货品

972–the variety of merchandise is rather limited.选择有限

973–However, I do think we might have, let me see.但应该也有的  让我看看

974–Strictly as a novelty, you understand.是新款小巧的东西

975–For the lady and gentleman who has everything,给已拥有一切的人

976–a sterling silver telephone dialer,这是银制的电话拨号棒

977–at $6.75, including tax.加上税6.75元

978–A sterling silver telephone dialer.银制的电话拨号棒

979–Yes, sir. At $6.75, including federal tax.是的  加上税6.75元

980–Well, the price is right, but I must say,价格很适合  但是

981–I’d rather hoped for something slightly more, how shall I say it,我想要一些比较  该怎么说

982–romantic in feeling.浪漫一点的

983–What do you think?你认为呢

984–As sterling silver telephone dialers go,作为一个银制的电话拨号棒

985–I certainly think it’s handsome, but, well, you do understand?它的设计不错  你明白吗

986–Well, we tried, but I guess.我们找过了  但是我想

987–We could have something engraved, couldn’t we?可以替我们刻字吗

988–Yes, I suppose so.可以的

989–Yes, indeed.当然可以

990–The only problem is, you would more or less have to buy something first但你们要先买点东西

991–if only in order to have some object upon which to place the engraving.才可以在那货品上刻字

992–You see the difficulty.希望你明白

993–Well.那么

994–We could have this engraved, couldn’t we?我们可以在上面刻字

995–I think it would be very smart.应该很好看

996–This, I take it, was not purchased at Tiffany’s?这不是在蒂凡尼买的吧

997–No.不是

998–Actually, it was purchased concurrent with.这是在

999–Well, actually, it came inside of,事实上这是

1000–well, a box of Cracker Jack.朱古力的赠品

1001–I see.原来如此

1002–Do they still really have prizes in Cracker Jack boxes?现在的朱古力还有赠品吗

1003—Oh, yes. -That’s nice to know.-是的  -那就好了

1004–It gives one a feeling of solidarity这使人觉得

1005–almost of continuity with the past, that sort of thing.旧日子没变

1006–Do you think Tiffany’s would really engrave it for us?蒂凡尼能替我们刻字吗

1007–I mean, you don’t think they would feel it was beneath them他们不会觉得

1008–or anything like that?这东西不值一顾

1009–Well, it is rather unusual, madam.这情况并不常见

1010–But I think you’ll find that Tiffany’s is very understanding.但蒂凡尼是很周到的

1011–If you would tell me what initials you would like,请把名字缩写告诉我

1012–I think we could have something ready for you in the morning.明早便会做好

1013–Didn’t I tell you this was a lovely place?我早说过这是个好地方

1014–What is this place, anyway?这是什么地方

1015–You said you wanted to sit down. It’s the public library.你想坐一会儿  这是公众图书馆

1016—You’ve never been here? -No. That makes two for me.-你从没来过吗  -对  我做了两件没做过的事

1017—I don’t see any books. -They’re in there.-我看不见书  -全在里边

1018–See?看见吗

1019–Each one of these little drawers is stuffed with little cards.这些抽屉全塞满了小卡片

1020–And each little card is a book or an author.上面写了书名或作者名字

1021–I think that’s fascinating.太有趣了

1022–V-A-R-J-A-K.韦

1023–Really?真的吗

1024–Look. Isn’t it marvelous?看  很棒吧

1025–There you are, right in the public library.你的名字在图书馆里

1026–“Varjak, Paul. Nine Lives.””九命  韦保罗著”

1027–And then a lot of numbers.然后是一堆数字

1028–Do you think they really have the book itself, live?这儿有这本书吗

1029–Sure. Follow me.有  跟我来

1030–Number 57. That’s us.57号  该我们了

1031–Fifty-seven, please. Nine Lives by Varjak, Paul.57号请来  “九命  韦保罗著”

1032–Did you ever read it? It’s absolutely marvelous.你读过了吗  很棒的

1033—No, I’m afraid I haven’t. -Well, you should. He wrote it.-我没有  -你该看看  是他写的

1034–He’s Varjak, Paul, in person.他是韦保罗

1035–She doesn’t believe me.她不相信我

1036–Show her your driver’s license or Diner’s Club card or something.把你的驾驶执照或信用卡给她看

1037–Honest, he really is the author. Cross my heart and kiss my elbow.他是作者  我可以发誓

1038–Would you kindly lower your voice, miss?请小声点说话  小姐

1039–Why don’t you autograph it to them?你来签名吧

1040–Don’t you think it’d be nice? Sort of make it more personal?那样不是很好吗  更个人化了

1041–Really, miss.小姐  请你

1042–Go ahead. Don’t be so stuck up, autograph it to them.快签名  别犹疑  替他们签吧

1043–All right, what shall I say?好吧  该写些什么

1044–Something sentimental, I think.写点感性的句子

1045–What are you doing? Stop that!你做什么  住手

1046—You’re defacing public property. -Well, all right, if that’s the way you feel.-你破坏公物呢  -你要这样想也没办法

1047–Come on, Fred, darling. Let’s get out of here.费特  我们走吧

1048–I don’t think this place is half as nice as Tiffany’s.这儿还比不上蒂凡尼那么好

1049–Hey, did you ever steal anything from a five-and-ten你小时候曾在

1050–when you were a kid, I mean?廉价店偷东西吗

1051–No. I’m the sensitive, bookish type. Did you?没有  我是好好读书那类  你呢

1052–I used to. I still do every now and then, sort of to keep my hand in.有  我现在有时也偷  免得技术生疏

1053–Come on. Don’t be chicken.来  别胆小

1054–Anyway, you’ve never done it, and it’s your turn.你从没做过  现在该你了

1055–I can’t see.我看不到路了

1056–Hi, cat.猫咪

1057–Lady of the house at home?女主人在家吗

1058–Holly?霍莉

1059–Holly?霍莉

1060–Trick or treat.不请吃糖便捣蛋

1061–You’re crazy. You know that, don’t you? But I love you anyway.你很疯狂  你知道吗  但我仍爱你

1062—2-E. -Yeah?-2E  -什么事

1063–I’ve got to talk to you.我有话对你说

1064–All right.说吧

1065–You want a drink?你要喝点什么

1066–If this is going to be a serious discussion若这是要事

1067–and suddenly I’m terribly afraid it is我担心的是

1068–you’re going to have to take off that ridiculous mask那么你要脱下那可笑的面具

1069–or else I’m going to have to wear one, too.否则我也要戴上面具

1070–2-E, look, please.2E  别开玩笑了

1071–What’s the matter? Girl trouble?什么事  爱情烦恼吗

1072–Is that it, darling?是这个吧  亲爱的

1073–Oh, I see.我明白了

1074–Well, that’s not so serious.这不算严重

1075–As a matter of fact, I’ve been expecting it.事实上我已有心理准备

1076–I can’t say I like it, but I’ve been expecting it.我不喜欢这样  但我已有心理准备

1077—Who is she? -Hasn’t got anything to do with her.-她是谁  -这事与她无关

1078–This is between you and me.只是我们的事

1079–Then it is serious.那么这很严重了

1080–Well, now.怎么了

1081–2-E, you’re a very stylish girl.2E  你是时髦的女子

1082–Can’t we end this stylishly?我们可以用时髦的方式结束吗

1083—End it? -Yes.-结束  -对

1084–Well.是吗

1085–I do believe love has found Andy Hardy.相信爱神真的来了

1086–Let’s see,让我猜

1087–a waitress?是女侍应生吗

1088–A salesgirl?售货员

1089–No. She’d have to be someone rich, wouldn’t she, Paul?不  她一定是很富有的  对不

1090–Someone who could help you.可以扶助你的人

1091–Curiously enough,有趣的是

1092–she’s a girl who can’t help anyone, not even herself.她谁也帮不了  连自身也难保

1093–Thing is, I can help her, and it’s a nice feeling for a change.但我可以帮她  这种改变的感觉很好

1094–All right.好吧

1095–I understand.我很明白

1096–I’ll tell you what, Paul.告诉你吧

1097–I am a very stylish girl.我是时髦女子

1098—What are you doing? -Writing a check.-你干什么  -写支票

1099–Don’t look so bewildered.别那么困惑的样子

1100–Surely you’ve noticed me writing checks before.你看过我写支票的

1101–“Pay to the order of Paul Varjak, $1,000.””祈付韦保罗一千元”

1102–Take her away somewhere for a week.带她度假一个星期吧

1103–You’re entitled to a vacation with pay.你该获得一次付薪假期的

1104–Simply a matter of fair labor practice, darling.这是公平的劳工法  亲爱的

1105–Of course, if you were really smart,若你聪明点

1106–you’d get some of the other boys together and organize a union.便该跟其他男人组成工会

1107–That way you’d get all the fringe benefits,那么便能有全部福利

1108–hospitalization, a pension plan,住院福利  退休计划

1109–and unemployment insurance when you’re,失业保障  好应付

1110–how shall I put it, between engagements?该怎么说  等待受聘期间的日子

1111–Thanks for making it easier for me.谢谢你为我着想

1112–Don’t be ridiculous, darling.别胡闹了

1113–Take the check.拿着支票

1114–And call your girl.找你的女朋友吧

1115–No, thanks.不  谢谢了

1116–I’ve got a check of my own.我也有支票

1117–When you get yourself a new writer to help当你要找一个新作家时

1118–try and find one my size.找个跟我身材相若的

1119–That way you won’t have to even shorten the sleeves.那么便不用把袖子改短

1120–Holly!霍莉

1121–Holly!霍莉

1122–Holly!霍莉

1123–Holly!霍莉

1124—What are you doing? -Excuse me.-你做什么  -对不起

1125–I’m sorry.对不起

1126–You look just like a girl I know named Holly.你像我的朋友霍莉

1127–Really?真是的

1128–I’m sorry.对不起

1129–What do you want?你想怎样

1130–I want to talk to you.我想跟你谈谈

1131–I’m busy.我很忙碌

1132—What are you doing? -Reading.-你干什么  -看书

1133–“South America: Land of Wealth and Promise”?”南美  财富及希望之地”

1134–It’s very interesting.很有趣的

1135–Let’s get out of here.走吧

1136–I said let’s get out of here. I want to talk to you.走吧  我有话对你说

1137–What’s the matter with you, anyway? What’s happened?你怎么了  发生什么事了

1138–Fred, will you please just leave me alone?费特  求你别管我吧

1139–Holly.霍莉

1140–I love you.我爱你

1141—Where are you going? -To the ladies’ room.-你去哪儿  -上洗手间

1142—What’s the matter with you, anyway? -Let me go.-你怎么了  -放开我

1143—No. -Fred, please let me go.-不  -费特  放开我吧

1144–Let’s get something straight.先弄清楚一件事

1145–I am not now, nor have I ever been, Fred.我根本不是费特

1146–Nor am I Benny Shacklett, whoever he may be.我也不是萨宾利

1147–My name is Paul, Paul Varjak, and I love you.我是韦保罗  我爱你

1148—Let me go. -Not till we get this settled.-放开我吧  -不说清楚不放

1149–Now what’s all this jazz about South America?南美是怎么一回事

1150–I thought if I’m going to marry a South American,若我要下嫁南美人

1151–I’d better find out something about the country.我需要了解那个国家

1152—Marry? What South American? -Jose.-下嫁什么南美人  -荷西

1153—Who the hell is Jose? -Jose da Silva Pereira.-哪个荷西  -柏荷西

1154–Who the hell’s Jose da Silva Pereira?柏荷西是谁

1155–Darling, you met him. I know you did. Mag Wildwood’s friend.你见过他  是怀玛吉的朋友

1156–The tall, good-looking one who came to the party with Rusty?跟拉斯一起来派对的那个英俊高个子吗

1157–Well, my dear, you won’t believe this,你不会相信的

1158–but it turns out not only is he handsome and wildly rich,他不但英俊富有

1159–he’s absolutely cuckoo for me.他还对我着迷

1160—You’re crazy. -What? Do you think you own me?-你疯了  -你以为你拥有我吗

1161–That’s exactly what I think.是的

1162–I know, I know. That’s what everybody always thinks,我知道  大家都这样想

1163–but everybody happens to be wrong.但他们全错了

1164–Look, I am not everybody.我不是他们

1165–Or am I?还是我是

1166–Is that what you really think?你是这样想吧

1167–That I’m no different from all your other rats and super-rats?我和那些小人没分别

1168–Wait a minute.等一会

1169–If that’s it,若你

1170–if that’s what you really think,若你真的这样想

1171–there’s something I want to give you.我有点东西给你

1172–What’s that?这是什么

1173–$50 for the powder room.上化妆间的50块钱

1174–I wouldn’t ask you in, except the place is in such a mess.我不敢邀你进来

1175—I couldn’t bear to face it alone. -You have a message.-但我不能独自面对混乱的房子  -有口讯给你

1176–No.别动

1177–Olé.真棒

 


 

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注