绝望的主妇学习笔记:Gaby与修女之战

在绝望的主妇第二季第九集,当Gaby意识到Carlos的心思不在家庭,而开始将注意力和一腔热情投入到宗教事业后,她决定先做 Carlos入道的修女Mary的工作,让其不要频繁约Carlos跑教堂和组织义卖活动,而修女觉得Carlos是一块未经雕凿的璞玉、一个搞慈善活动的好苗子,再加上她非常反感Gaby过往的自私自利与离经叛道,决定与Gaby对着干。

绝望的主妇学习笔记:Gaby与修女之战

以下是《Gaby与修女之战》相应剪辑中英对照剧本:

Gaby:Look, I don’t mean any disrespect. 听我说,我无意冒犯

——>> It’s just, now that Carlos is home, 只是,现在Carlos 在家了

——>> we need to get back on our routine, 我们需要回归正常的夫妻生活

——>> and we can’t do that if he keeps running off to church and charity bake sales. 可如果他老是跑去教堂或义卖现场,我们就没有家庭生活了

——>> We need “us” time. Do you know what I mean? 我们需要自己的时间,你明白了吗?

Nun:I do. 我知道

Gaby:Oh, good. Good. 那就好

——>> So it would really help our marriage if you just backed off for a while, okay? 你若是能暂时淡出,这真的能帮助我们的婚姻

——>> No. 那不行

Gaby:Huh?  什么?

Nun:I said no. 我说不行

Gaby:I know what you said. I’m wondering why you said it. 我知道你在说什么 我想知道为什么你要说这些

Nun:Carlos is a diamond in the roughCarlos 就像一块未经雕凿的璞玉

——>> a flawed man to be sure, but someone who is desperately searching for something to believe in. 他拼命地找可以寄托与信服的东西

——>> To satisfy your materialism, he ended up breaking the law. 他最终触犯了法律只为了满足你对物质的需求

——>> To deal with your adultery, he resorted to assault.  他打了别人只因为你搞通奸

——>> As long as he’s with you, he will never find what he’s looking for. 只要和你在一起,他就找不到他要寻的路

Gaby:Well, I guess he should have thought of that before he married me. 是嘛,那我倒觉得他应该在娶我之前就要考虑好这些问题

Nun:Some marriages are meant to be annulled. 有些婚姻注定是要解除的

Gaby:What the hell kind of nun are you? 有你这样的修女?!

——>> Look, if you try to come between me and my husband, 你要是想干涉我和我丈夫

——>> I will take you down. 我让你没好果子吃

Nun:I grew up on the south side of Chicago. 我从芝加哥南部长大的

——>> If you wanna threaten me, you’re gonna have to do a lot better than that. 如果你想威胁我,你要做得更好才是

Gaby:You listen to me, you little bitch. 听我说,你这个小婊子

——>> You do not want to start a war with me. 你不要和我对着干

Nun:Well, I have god on my side. Bring it on. 可上帝是站我这边的,你尽管放马过来

主妇帮未声明转载文章皆为原创,未经许可不得转载!
看绝望的主妇学英语 » 绝望的主妇学习笔记:Gaby与修女之战

发表评论

看绝望的主妇学英语

组队学习 人才招聘