影视导读: 电影《怦然心动》是一部由罗伯·莱纳执导的动机很棒的家庭电影,由玛德琳·卡罗尔、卡兰·麦克奥利菲等主演。它将你置于一种青涩温暖的、懵懂有趣的,又充满人文关怀的氛围中,直到最后给你一个看上去也并不那么不靠谱的美好…影片诉及了很多关于肤浅空虚的资本家和清贫欢乐的梦想家的对比,处处流露出生活的智慧和生命的色彩。

电影《怦然心动》

There are moments in adolescence when your feelings about romance turn on a dime. Maybe it’s hormonal[hɔː’məʊnl]. The girl you thought was a pest becomes the object of your dreams. The boy you’ve had a crush on for years begins to seem like a jerk. The timing is off. Sometimes you can look back half a lifetime and see how things might have happened differently if you hadn’t been so stupid. Rob Reiner’s “Flipped” does the looking.

Here is a lovely movie about a girl who has adored a boy ever since he moved into the neighborhood in the second grade. She even likes his smell, and it is true we cannot love someone who isn’t aromatic[ˌærə’mætɪk] to our hearts. All through grade school and into high school, she pursues him; they’re like the runners in Keats’ “Ode on a Grecian Urn” who pursue each other for eternity without ever drawing closer. In Reiner’s film, they flip and start running in the other direction.

Madeline Carroll plays Juli Baker, who was determined to get Bryce Loski to like her when they were kids, but in eighth grade has turned her attention to more urgent matters, like sparing the life of the beautiful sycamore [‘sɪkəmɔː(r)] tree in her front yard. It is threatened with being chopped down by the forces of evil, and she climbs it and won’t come down. That shows some character, muses Bryce’s grandfather Chet . If he were Bryce, he’d notice a girl like that. Bryce begins to catch on.

There’s a screenplay device by Reiner and Andrew Scheinman, based on the novel by Wendelin Van Draanan, that could be arduous [‘ɑːdjuəs] but works here because it has been thought through. The key events in the film are seen from both points of view: Bryce’s and Juli’s. Teenagers often lose the beat emotionally, and these two need John Philip Sousa. There isn’t trickery: The scenes happen as they seem to, and not in alternate universes. But they seem so different, depending on who is seeing them.

There’s one of those events so beloved by teenage girls in which they can exact excruciating [ɪk’skruːʃieɪtɪŋ]  embarrassment on boys while seeming to be blithely[‘blaɪðli] unaware. The boys are auctioned off to the girls as lunch room partners to raise money for charity. Yeah, that’s what a guy wants, to stand onstage while the most patronizing teacher in the school handles the bidding. Of course, it all goes tragically wrong for Juli and Bryce, but for what seems like different reasons.

Reiner sets most of the movie in 1963 (his classic “Stand by Me,” is set a few years earlier, in 1959), and I don’t think it’s just for nostalgia[nɒ’stældʒə]. In a way, that’s the last year of American teenage innocence, before the ’60s took hold. Madeline Carroll and Callan McAuliffe, who both look teeth-achingly vulnerable, are sincere and pure and wholesome, and are characters we believe can be hurt. Some of today’s teenagers are more wounded and cynical than their parents ever were. And for some of them sex is not an undiscovered country.

Maybe what makes “Flipped” such a warm entertainment is how it re-creates a life we wish we’d had when we were 14. That’s true for adults, and also I suspect true for some 14-year-olds. In a way the audience flips, too.

Flipped《怦然心动》剧情简介:

布莱斯全家搬到小镇,邻家女孩朱丽前来帮忙。她对他一见钟情,心愿是获得他的吻。两人是同班同学,她一直想方设法接近他,但是他避之不及。她喜欢爬在高高的梧桐树上看风景。但因为施工,树被要被砍掉,她誓死捍卫,希望他并肩作战,但是他退缩了。她的事迹上了报纸,外公对她颇有好感,令他十分困惑。

她凭借鸡下蛋的项目获得了科技展第一名,成了全场焦点,令他黯然失色。她把自家鸡蛋送给他,他听家人怀疑她家鸡蛋不卫生,便偷偷把鸡蛋丢掉。她得知真相,很伤心,两人关系跌入冰点。她跟家人诉说,引发争吵。原来父亲一直攒钱照顾傻弟弟,所以生活拮据。她理解了父母,自己动手,还得到了他外公的鼎力相助。他向她道歉,但是并未解决问题。他开始关注她。鸡蛋风波未平,家庭晚宴与午餐男孩评选又把两人扯在了一起……

《怦然心动》这部影片不仅从思想上给我们以纯真的洗礼,而且台词也给人以无限的暇思,以下是博主欧文收集整理的经典台词,现以中英文对照的形式分享给大家:

1–All I ever wanted was for Juli Baker to leave me alone. 我只希望朱莉·贝克能离我远点

2–It all began in the summer of 1957, before the start of second grade. 故事始于一年级暑假 1957年的夏天

3–Here we are. 我们到家啦

4–What do you guys think? I like this place. 你们觉得这里怎么样? 我挺喜欢的

5–It’s cool. Uh, what color is my room? 很赞呢 我的房间是什么颜色?

6–Just you wait. 别急嘛

7–Let’s see what’s inside. Hey, come on, buddy Bryce. 咱们进去瞧瞧 嘿 布莱斯

8–Why don’t, uh, you and I go help unload the van过来给我搭把手搬东西

9–and the womenfolk here can get in the kitchen and start setting up. 让姑娘们去整理厨房吧

10–Okay, Dad. 好的 老爸

11–For me, it was the beginning of what would be于我而言 这意味着我从此步入了

12–more than half a decade of strategic avoidance and social discomfort. 长达五年的不安与逃避生涯

13–Hi, I’m Juli Baker.  Hey, hey, what are you doing? 嗨 我是朱莉·贝克 喂喂喂 你干嘛呢?

14–Don’t you want some help? 要我帮忙吗?

15–No. There’s some valuable things in there. 不必了 那里面都是贵重物品

16–How about this one?  No, no, no. 那我就搬这个吧 不用了

17–Run home. Your mother’s probably wondering where you are. 赶紧回家吧 你妈妈没准在找你呢

18–Oh, no, my mom knows where I am. She said it’s fine. 没关系 我妈妈知道我在哪 她同意我过来

19–It didn’t take long to realize this girl could not take a hint. 显然这姑娘也太不识趣了

20–It’s crowded in here with three people.  I don’t mind. 咱们仨在这儿有点挤吧 不要紧啊

21–Of any kind.  You wanna push this one together? 毫无自知之明 我们一起推吧?

22–Bryce, isn’t it time for you to go help your mother? 布莱斯 你妈妈还等着你去帮忙吧?

23–Oh, yeah. 是啊是啊

24–I mean, nothing would stop her. 我真是拿她没辙

25–I was about to tell her to get lost when the weirdest thing happened. 我终于忍无可忍 这时候诡异的事情却发生了

26–I couldn’t believe it. 我真是难以置信

27–There I was holding hands with this strange girl. 我居然会牵着陌生女孩的手

28–How did I get into this mess?  Well, hello. 我咋就惹上了这种麻烦? 你好呀

29–I see you’ve met my son看来你已经认识我儿子了

30–Finally, I did the only manly thing available when you’re 7 years old. 我不得不使出7岁男生仅有的气概

31–However, my troubles were far from over. 然而 还有一大串的麻烦等着我

32–The minute I walked into Miss Yelson’s classroom就在我走进叶尔森老师的教室时

33–Bryce? You’re here. 布莱斯? 你也在这啊

34–it was clear:很显然

35–School would not be a sanctuary. 即使在学校 也无法逃脱她的魔掌

36–Hey, Bryce, where’s your girlfriend? 嘿 布莱斯 你女朋友呢?

37–I was branded for life. 枉我一世英名啊

38–Hey, Bryce, why don’t you ask her to marry you? 嘿 布莱斯 你咋不向她求婚呢?

39–Bryce and Juli sitting in a tree布莱斯和朱莉爬上树梢

40–K-l-S-S-l-N-G卿卿我我甜如蜜

41–My first year in town was a disaster. 搬来镇上的第一年简直就是场灾难

42–Look at them. 瞧那小两口呀

43–And the next three weren’t much better. 接下来的三年也不尽如人意

44–But finally, in the sixth grade, I took action. 就这么捱到了六年级 我总算不再坐以待毙

45–I hatched the plan. 想到了一个大狠招

46–Sherry. 雪利

47–Sherry, wait up. 雪利 等一下

48–Hi, Bryce. Heh. 嗨 布莱斯

49–I asked out Sherry Stalls. 我向雪利·斯道尔斯展开攻势

50–I was wondering if you wanted to go我想问你愿不愿意…

51–To full appreciate the brilliance of this plan这个招数的绝妙之处在于

52–you have to understand that Juli hated Sherry Stalls雪利·斯道尔斯是朱莉的眼中钉

53–though I never understood why. 但我始终想不通其中的缘由

54–Sherry was nice, friendly and she had a lot of hair. 雪利长发飘飘 为人和善

55–At first, my mother wouldn’t let me get my ears pierced, but I begged我妈之前一直不让我打耳洞 后来我拼命求她

56–The idea was that Sherry would eat with me我原本一心指望 只要和雪利吃吃饭

57–maybe we’d walk around together, and hopefully Juli would lose interest. 散散步 就能让朱莉知难而退

58–But I still can’t get the hoops till I’m 16. 她还是不允许我16岁前打耳洞

59–Oh, that’s a shame. 太可惜了

60–So Melanie wanted to get her ears pierced,米娜妮也想打耳洞

61–but of course her mother said no. 但她老妈也不是省油的灯

62–So she threw a fit她就在家大发雷霆

63–and smashed her Johnny Mathis Greatest Hits album把约翰尼·马蒂斯的精选辑给砸了

64–and she got grounded,结果就被禁足了

65–so now she can’t come to my pajama sleepover party. 连我的睡衣派对都来不了

66–Things were unfolding quite nicely. 事情进展相当顺利

67–What are you doing for your science project? 你的科学实验打算怎么做?

68–That is, until my supposed best friend, Garrett Einbinder直到我所谓的挚友加利特·埃恩德

69–took an interest in Sherry himself. 开始打起了雪利的主意

70–I was thinking of showing how split ends react我想展示各种护发素

71–with different hair conditioners. 如何修复头发分叉

72–That’s fascinating. 太棒了

73–Loyalty gave way to desire and Garrett, the turncoat俗话说得好 重色必轻友 加利特这个叛徒

74–told Sherry what I was up to. 向雪利全盘托出我的计划

75–Jerk. 混蛋

76–She didn’t take it well. 她自然很是生气

77–Word got back to Juli,至于朱莉

78–and pretty soon she started up with the goo-goo eyes again. 她自然又开始对我故技重施

79–Only this time it was worse. 而且还变本加厉

80–She started sniffing me. 居然开始嗅我

81–That’s right, sniffing me. 你没听错 她居然用鼻子嗅我

82–What was that all about? 搞什么飞机啊?

83–My only consolation was that next year would be different. 我只能期望来年能摆脱魔掌

84–Junior high, bigger school. 但愿升入初中后

85–Maybe we’d be in different classes不用再和她同班

86–and it would finally, finally be over. 彻底结束我的噩梦

87–The first day I met Bryce Loski, I flipped. 见到布莱斯·罗斯基的第一眼 我便怦然心动了

88–It was those eyes, something in those dazzling eyes. 他的双眸让我如痴如醉

89–You wanna push this one together? 我们一起推吧?

90–His family had just moved into the neighborhood那时候他们刚搬到我家隔壁

91–and I’d gone over to help them. 我过去帮他们搬东西

92–I’d been in the van all of two minutes我在车里刚呆了2分钟

93–when his dad sent him off to help his mom. 他老爸就让她去帮他妈妈

94–I could see he didn’t wanna go. 我知道他并不想离开

95–So I chased after him to see于是我追上前去

96–if we could play a little before he got trapped inside. 问他能不能先玩一会再进屋

97–The next thing I know, he’s holding my hand接着他便用力握着我的手

98–and looking right into my eyes. 与我深情凝视

99–My heart stopped. 那一刹那 我的心停止了跳动

100–Was this it? 这一刻到来了吗?

101–Would this be my first kiss? 是时候迎来我的初吻了吗?

102–But then his mother came out.  Well, hello. 没想到他妈妈却出来了 你好呀

103–And he was so embarrassed, his cheeks turned completely red. 他感到无比羞愧 脸都红了

104–I went to bed that night thinking of the kiss that might have been. 那晚我躺在床上 不停幻想初吻的场景

105–I mean, it was clear he had feelings for me,我知道他对我动心了

106–but he was just too shy to show them. 只是怯于表达爱意

107–My mother said boys were like that. 妈妈说过男孩子都会这样

108–So I decided to help him out. 我决定帮他克服心中的恐惧

109–Bryce? You’re here. 布莱斯? 你也在这啊

110–I would give him plenty of opportunity to get over his shyness. 我会竭尽所能帮他彻底释放自我

111–By the sixth grade, I’d learned to control myself. 六年级那年 我学着有所收敛

112–Then Sherry Stalls entered the picture. 没想到半路却杀出个雪利·斯道尔斯

113–Sherry Stalls was nothing but a whiny, gossipy, backstabbing flirt. 雪利·斯道尔斯就是一人尽可夫的长舌妇

114–All hair and no substance. 头发长见识短

115–And there she was而且她竟然…

116–holding hands with Bryce. My Bryce. 和布莱斯十指紧扣 那可是我家布莱斯

117–The one who was walking around with my first kiss. 我的初吻白马王子

118–My solution was to ignore her. I knew a boy of Bryce’s caliber我决定对她视而不见 依照布莱斯的品性

119–would eventually see through a shallow conniver like Sherry Stalls. 总有一天能意识到雪利有多浅薄无知

120–It took all of a week. They broke up at recess. 如我所料 他俩一周后便分手了

121–She didn’t take it well. 她也不看看自己几斤几两

122–Now that Bryce was out of Sherry’s evil clutches,自从布莱斯摆脱了朱莉的魔掌

123–he started being nicer to me. 对我也变得更为友善

124–Hi, Juli.  Hi, Bryce. 嗨 朱莉 嗨 布莱斯

125–He was so shy and so cute他如此腼腆可人

126–and his hair, it smelled like watermelon. 他的发丝间弥漫着西瓜的香氛

127–I couldn’t get enough of it. 我简直如痴如醉

128–I spent the whole year secretly sniffing watermelon整整一年我都沉浸在这迷人的芬芳里

129–and wondering if I was ever going to get my kiss. 期盼着何时能迎来我的初吻

130–Seventh grade brought changes, all right. 升入初一后 生活开始有所改观

131–But the biggest one didn’t happen at school. 但最大的变化并非学校

132–It happened at home. 而是出现在家中

133–My grandfather came to live with us. 外公搬来与我们同住

134–Mom said he stared like that because he missed Grandma. 妈妈说他是过于思念外婆 才会如此迷惘

135–That was not something Grandpa would ever talk about with me. 但他怎么可能对我推心置腹呢

136–As a matter of fact, he never talked about much of anything with me. 其实他在我面前总是沉默寡言

137–That is, until Juli appeared in the local newspaper. 直到朱莉的名字登上了当地报纸

138–Oh, Bryce. May I speak with you?  What? 布莱斯 能和你聊聊吗? 有事吗?

139–Have a seat, son. 坐吧 孩子

140–Tell me about your friend Juli Baker. 跟我说说你的朋友朱莉·贝克吧

141–Juli. She’s not exactly my friend. 其实朱莉算不上是我朋友

142–Oh. Why’s that? 为什么呢?

143–Why do you wanna know? 你怎么突然问这个?

144–Now, Juli Baker did not wind up in The Mayfield Times朱莉·贝克登上梅菲尔德时报

145–for being an eighth-grade Einstein. 可不是因为她天赋异禀

146–No, she got front-page coverage because she refused而是因为她赖在无花果树上

147–to climb out of a sycamore tree. 死活不肯下来

148–Juli Baker and that stupid sycamore tree. 朱莉·贝克和那棵白痴无花果树

149–She always thought it was God’s gift她认为那棵树

150–to our little corner of the universe. 是上帝对我们的恩赐

151–Hey, Bryce. Wanna come climb the tree with me and my brothers? 嘿 布莱斯 过来和我们一起爬树不?

152–No, thanks. 不了 谢谢

153–Bryce. Come up here. It’s fun. 布莱斯 快上来嘛 很好玩的

154–You can see everything.  I can’t. 可以看到全世界呢 我没空

155–My dad needs me to help him fix我爸爸让我帮他去修…

156–a thing. 修东西

157–That’s all I needed. 拉倒吧

158–Climb up a tree with Juli Baker. 我才不要和朱莉·贝克一起爬树呢

159–I’d be dragged right back into the second grade. 我可不想重温二年级的噩梦

160–Bryce and Juli sitting in a tree. 布莱斯和朱莉爬上树梢

161–Why don’t you just make me eat lima beans for the rest of my life. 我宁可下半辈子吃青豆度日

162–It’s three blocks away. 还有三个街区就来了

163–Two blocks. 只剩两个喽

164–One block away. 还有最后一个

165–Like that’s valuable information.  I hate it when she does that. 还真把自己当回事 最受不了她这种人了

166–I like to think there’s at least a chance the bus won’t show. 真希望校车哪天能罢工

167–I think the tree looks particularly beautiful in this light. Don’t you? 这棵树在晨曦中显得尤为美丽 你说对么?

168–If by “beautiful” you mean “unbelievably ugly,”如果你所谓的美丽是指奇丑无比

169–then, yes, I would agree. 那我绝对赞成

170–You’re just visually challenged. I feel sorry for you. 你眼神不太好吧 我真同情你

171–“Visually challenged”? 眼神不太好?

172–“Visually challenged”? 眼神不太好?

173–This from the girl who lived in a house她家不也是街坊邻里的笑柄么

174–that was the joke of the neighborhood? 居然敢这么说我?

175–They had bushes growing over windows and weeds all over the place. 灌木爬满了窗台 门前杂草丛生

176–It bugged my dad bigtime. 我老爸为此很是不爽

177–Oh, there he is. 哟 快瞧瞧

178–The bricklayer who thinks he’s a painter. 砌墙工当自己是大画家呢

179–That truck’s not ugly enough in real life? 嫌那破车不够寒碜

180–He’s gotta make a painting of it? 还得画幅画裱起来?

181–No, he does landscapes. Sells them at the county fair. 人家的风景画可是集市上的抢手货

182–People say they’re beautiful. 大家都夸赞他呢

183–Landscapes? Let me tell you something. 风景画? 要我说吧

184–The world would have more beauty in it他要是能把院子拾掇拾掇

185–if he’d do a little landscaping on that piece of crap he calls a yard. 这个世界一定会更加美好

186–I feel bad for his wife. She married a dreamer. 我真同情他老婆 嫁了这么个幻想家

187–Because of that, one of the two of them will always be unhappy. 梦想与现实间的冲突 总得有一个人来承受

188–Yeah, fine. But why do we have to be unhappy? 没错 可为啥要殃及无辜呢?

189–As annoying as the yard was to my dad和朱莉·贝克成天赖在树上相比

190–it was nothing compared to how annoying Juli Baker was in that tree. 她家那院子其实也不见得有多惹人生厌

191–Three blocks away. 还有三个街区哦

192–Every morning we had to listen to the sound每天早上我们都不得不忍受

193–of her blow-by-blow traffic report. 她极为啰嗦的交通播报

194–Two blocks. 还有两个了

195–There you go. 到喽

196–Why do they call it The Three Stooges? 为什么要叫”三个臭皮匠”呢?

197–I mean, there’s five of them.  What? 明明有五个人啊 什么?

198–Well, yeah, there’s Moe, Larry, Curly, Shemp and Curly Joe. 你看啊 莫伊 拉里 克里 谢普和卷毛乔伊

199–Yeah, but they only have three at a time.  Yeah. 可每场戏却只有三个人 是啊

200–You know, I hate Curly Joe. I mean, he shouldn’t even be a Stooge. 我讨厌卷毛乔伊 他哪算得上臭皮匠呢

201–Listen, girl, I’m this close to calling the police. 姑娘 我可要报警了

202–You are trespassing and obstructing progress on a contracted job. 你侵犯私人土地 妨碍施工

203–What’s going on?  Either you come down怎么了? 你最好自己下来

204–or we’re gonna cut you down.  You guys, come up here with me. 要不我们就砍树了 你们赶紧上来吧

205–They won’t cut it down if we’re all up here. 咱们人一多他们就不敢砍了

206–Bus, bus, bus.  Juli was frantic. 车来了 朱莉真是疯了

207–They wanted to cut down her tree. 他们想把树给砍了

208–I couldn’t understand why that mutant tangle of gnarly branches真不明白那无比畸形的树

209–meant so much to her.  Bryce, please. 在她心里怎么就那么重要 布莱斯 求你了

210–I felt bad for her.  Leave her. 我很同情她 别管她

211–But I wasn’t about to cut school over it. 但我可不至于为此旷课

212–Come on, bro. 走吧 哥们儿

213–Why isn’t she your friend, Bryce? 你为什么不把她当朋友呢 布莱斯?

214–You’d have to know Juli. 等你真正了解朱莉就明白了

215–Well, I’d like to. 我倒真想认识她

216–Why? 为什么?

217–That girl has an iron backbone. 这姑娘挺有骨气的

218–Why don’t you invite her over sometime? 要不你抽空请她来家里玩?

219–An iron backbone? 有骨气?

220–She’s just stubborn她那是一根筋

221–and she’s pushy beyond belief. 而且还很自以为是

222–Is that so? 是这样吗?

223–And she’s been stalking me since the second grade. 她从二年级起就老是缠着我

224–Well, a girl like that doesn’t live next door to everyone. 这种女孩可是可遇不可求的

225–Lucky them. 谁遇上谁倒霉

226–Read this. 看看这个

227–Without prejudice. 放下心中的成见

228–Like I needed to know anything more about Juli Baker. 我才没兴趣去了解朱莉·贝克

229–Juli wasn’t at the bus stop the next morning. 第二天早上朱莉没去等校车

230–Or the morning after that. 第三天也不见她出现

231–She was at school, but you’d never know it. 不知道她怎么来学校的

232–Little Joe? He’s got so much makeup on  He doesn’t age. 小乔伊? 他那妆也太浓了 他不显老啊

233–I told myself I should be glad about it. 我告诉自己应该感到庆幸

234–I mean, isn’t that what I’d always wanted? 这不就是我日期夜盼的吗?

235–But still, I felt bad for her. 但我仍替她感到难过

236–I was gonna tell her I was sorry, but then I thought, hey, no我想跟她说声对不起 但是一想 还是算了

237–that’s the last thing I needed:我可真不希望

238–Juli Baker thinking I missed her. 让朱莉·贝克以为我在想她

239–I see why you like to come out here. 我知道你为什么喜欢这里

240–Would you mind explaining it to your mother? 那你能开导开导你老妈不?

241–I loved to watch my father paint. 我喜欢看着爸爸作画

242–Or really, I loved to hear him talk while he painted. 更喜欢在他画画时和他聊天

243–I learned a lot about my dad that way. 这样能让我更了解他

244–He told me all sorts of things他和我无话不谈

245–like how he got his first job delivering hay比如他怎样得到第一份工作

246–and how he’d wished he’d finished college. 他多么渴望能完成学业

247–Then one day he surprised me. 有一天 他出人意料地问我

248–What’s going on with you and, uh, Bryce Loski? 你和布莱斯·罗斯基是怎么回事?

249–What do you mean? Nothing. 什么怎么回事啊? 没什么呀

250–Oh, okay. 那好吧

251–My mistake. 是我想多了

252–Why would you even think that? 你怎么会这么想?

253–No reason. 其实也没什么

254–Just that you只是你成天

255–talk about him all the time. 都把他挂在嘴边

256–I do? 我有吗?

257–I don’t know. 我也不知道

258–I guess it’s something about his eyes. 也许我被他的双眼所吸引吧

259–Or maybe his smile. 还有他迷人的微笑

260–But what about him? 那他人怎么样?

261–What?  You have to look at the whole landscape. 什么? 你得考虑画的整体效果

262–What does that mean? 什么意思?

263–A painting is more than the sum of its parts. 一幅画绝非简单拼凑就能完成

264–A cow by itself is just a cow. 一头牛只是一头牛

265–A meadow by itself is just grass, flowers. 草地也只长满了青草和花朵

266–And the sun peeking through the trees is just a beam of light. 阳光照进大树的枝桠 亦不过缕缕薄光

267–But you put them all together但你若能将它们衔接拼凑

268–and it can be magic. 却能收获意想不到的成果

269–I didn’t really understand what he was saying until one afternoon我对他的话一知半解 直到一天下午

270–when I was up in the sycamore tree. 我爬上无花果树的枝头

271–I was rescuing a kite. 试图去捡风筝

272–It was a long way up, higher than I’d ever been. 它挂得很高 我从没爬过这么高

273–And the higher I got, the more amazed I was by the view. 但我发现爬得越高 眼前的景象便愈发迷人

274–I began to notice how wonderful the breeze smelled. 沁人心脾的微风迎面扑来

275–Like sunshine and wild grass. 夹杂着阳光和野草的芬芳

276–I couldn’t stop breathing it in我忍不住大口呼吸

277–filling my lungs with the sweetest smell I’d ever known. 让肺里溢满甜美醉人的气息

278–Hey, you found my kite. 嘿 我的风筝被你找到了

279–Bryce, you should come up here. 布莱斯 你真该上来看看

280–It’s so beautiful. 太美了

281–I can’t. I sprained my, um不行 我扭伤了…

282–I have a rash. 我出疹子了

283–From that moment on, that became my spot. 从那一刻起 我彻底爱上了这里

284–I could sit there for hours, just looking out at the world. 我可以坐上好几个钟头 静静欣赏这世界

285–Some days the sunsets would be purple and pink. 落日时而泛着微醺的紫红

286–And some days they were a blazing orange时而迸发出橙色的余晖

287–setting fire to the clouds on the horizon. 瞬间布满天边的晚霞

288–It was during one of those sunsets that my father’s idea在如此瑰丽的景象中

289–of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts我终于慢慢有所领悟

290–moved from my head to my heart. 爸爸所说的整体胜于全部

291–Some days I would get there extra early to watch the sunrise. 有时我会起个大早 只为去看日出

292–One morning I was making mental notes一天清晨 我在心里兀自揣度

293–of how the streaks of light were cutting through the clouds应该如何向爸爸描绘

294–so I could tell my dad缕缕曙光穿透云层的景象

295–when I heard a noise below. 下面却传来阵阵嘈杂

296–Excuse me. 不好意思

297–Excuse me. I’m sorry, but you can’t park there. That’s a bus stop. 抱歉 你们不能停在这里 这是校车站台

298–Hey, what are you doing up there? 你在上面干嘛呢?

299–You can’t be up there, we’re gonna take this thing down. 赶紧下来 我们要砍树了

300–The tree?  Yeah. Now come on down. 砍这棵树? 没错 快下来吧

301–But who told you, you could cut it down?  The owner. 谁批准你们砍树的? 树的主人啊

302–Why? 为什么?

303–He’s gonna build a house, and this tree’s in the way. 他想在这里建房 这棵树挡道了

304–So come on, girl, we got work to do. 姑娘 赶紧下来吧 我们得开工了

305–You can’t cut it down. You just can’t. 你们不能砍这棵树 不能砍

306–Listen, girl. I’m this close to calling the police. 姑娘 你再不下来我就报警了

307–You are trespassing and obstructing progress on a contracted job. 你侵犯私人土地 妨碍施工

308–Now either you come down, or we’re gonna cut you down. 你再不下来 我们就直接砍了

309–Go ahead. Cut me down. 来吧 要砍就砍吧

310–I’m not coming down. I’m never coming down. 我不下去 坚决不下去

311–Bryce. You guys, come up here with me. 布莱斯 你们快上来帮我啊

312–They won’t cut it down if we’re all up here. 上面人一多 他们就不敢砍了

313–Bryce, please don’t let them do this. 布莱斯 别让他们砍树啊

314–Come on, you guys. 求你们了

315–Bryce, please. You don’t have to come up this high. Just a little ways. 布莱斯 求你了 你不用爬很高的

316–Bryce, please. Please. 布莱斯 求求你了

317–What happened after that was a blur. 从那之后 一切都变得模糊起来

318–It seemed like the whole town was there. 似乎整个镇上的人都围了过来

319–But still I wouldn’t move. 但我一直坚持不肯下去

320–Then my father showed up. 爸爸后来赶了过来

321–He talked a fireman into letting him come up to where I was. 他说服消防员 架了楼梯爬上来

322–Sweetie, it’s time to come down. 宝贝儿 我们下去吧

323–Daddy, please don’t let them do this. 爸爸 别让他们砍树

324–Sweetie  Daddy, look. 宝贝儿 爸爸 你看啊

325–You can see everything. You can see the whole world from here. 在这里可以俯瞰整个世界

326–No view is worth my daughter’s safety. Now, come on. 万里河山也不及我女儿的安危重要 下去吧

327–I can’t. 我不走

328–Julianna, it’s time to come down now. 朱莉安娜 别耍小性子了

329–Please, Daddy. 求你了 爸爸

330–It’s time. 听话 下去吧

331–And that was it. 就这么结束了

332–I must’ve cried for two weeks straight. 我整整两周都以泪洗面

333–Oh, sure, I went to school and did the best I could我仍然坚持上学 异常用功

334–but nothing seemed to matter. 却感觉生活失去了重心

335–Juli?  Huh? 朱莉? 啊?

336–Do you know the answer? 你知道答案是什么吗?

337–Uh, the Peloponnesian War? 伯罗奔尼撒战争?

338–I’m sure that’s the answer to something这也许是某个问题的答案

339–but I was looking for the area of a rhomboid. 但我问的是菱形的面积

340–Somehow, rhomboids and isosceles right triangles其实 菱形三角形之类的

341–didn’t seem so important. 在我看来并不重要

342–I rode my bike so I wouldn’t have to pass by the stump我开始骑车上学 只为避开那个伤心地

343–that used to be the earth’s most magnificent sycamore tree. 那里曾经矗立着世上最美的无花果树

344–But no matter what I did, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. 但不管我怎么努力 我对它始终心有念想

345–Are you okay? 你还好吧?

346–It was just a tree. 不就是一棵树么

347–No, it wasn’t just a tree. 那不仅只是一棵树

348–I never want you to forget how you felt when you were up there. 希望你能将树梢的美好时光永存心底

349–Thanks, Dad. 谢谢你 爸爸

350–It was the first thing I saw every morning我每天醒来就会看着这幅画

351–and the last thing I saw before I went to sleep. 它亦每天伴着我入眠

352–And once I could look at it without crying直到有一天看着它 我不再泪眼朦胧

353–I saw more than the tree and what being up there meant to me. 我领悟到了更深层的寓意

354–I saw the day that my view of things around me started changing. 我的世界观开始有了细微的变化

355–And I wondered, did I still feel the same things about Bryce? 我不禁问自己 我对布莱斯的感情是否一如往日?

356–I’ve never been a huge fan of eggs. 我向来对鸡蛋不感冒

357–I mean, I could always just take them or leave them. 既不喜欢 也说不上讨厌

358–That is, until one day in Skyler Brown’s garage但那天在斯凯勒·布朗家的车库里

359–when my feelings about eggs were solidified. 让我对鸡蛋的厌恶根深蒂固

360–Hey, hey, hey. Guys. Edna’s found her breakfast. 嘿 伙计们 艾德娜的早餐有着落喽

361–I mean, if a slimy reptile found them appetizing黏糊糊软趴趴的动物喜欢的食物

362–there was certainly no place for them in my diet. 我想想都觉得恶心

363–Oh, man, that’s so cool. 天啊 太给力了

364–She doesn’t even have to chew. I mean, think of all the time you’d save. 她连嚼都不用嚼 省时又省心

365–I could’ve gone my whole life not knowing that snakes eat eggs raw都怨我姐姐丽奈特

366–if it hadn’t been for Lynetta. 非要来找斯凯勒·布朗商量联赛的事

367–She had a major-league thing for Skyler Brown. 要不我这辈子都不想看蛇活吞鸡蛋

368–I think it’s gross. 真够恶心的

369–He and Juli’s brothers, Matt and Mark, had formed a band. 他和朱莉的哥哥马特和马克 组了个乐队

370–And Lynetta would watch them practice. 丽奈特要看着他们排练

371–That is so neat. 太赞了吧

372–How about that, huh, Bryce? 你觉得呢 布莱斯?

373–Yeah. Neat. 是啊 够给力的

374–So, Brycie, how do you think he’s gonna digest that? 布莱斯 你觉得它要怎么消化?

375–Stomach acid?  You’d like to think that. 胃酸? 就知道你会这么说

376–Wait, everybody quiet. Here he goes. 等等 别出声 好戏开始了

377–Eggs over easy. 这才叫吃鸡蛋啊

378–Gross. Gross, gross, gross. 太恶心了 看得我想吐

379–Wait, wait. You haven’t seen the best part. 等等哈 最精彩的还没出现呢

380–Gross. 好恶啊

381–I tried to be casual about it, but it didn’t take. 我试着佯装淡定 却毫不管用

382–I started having bad dreams. 我开始做噩梦

383–I’d be trapped inside a huge egg梦见自己被困在巨型鸡蛋里

384–and this monster would open his jaws and start to devour me. 怪物张嘴将我吞入囊中

385–I’d wake up just in time. 所幸每次都能及时醒来

386–Then the real nightmare began. 没想到噩梦成真了

387–Hi, Bryce. I brought these over for you and your family. 嗨 布莱斯 我给你们带了些鸡蛋

388–My chickens are laying eggs.  What? 我家养的鸡开始下蛋了 什么?

389–You remember Abby and Bonnie and Clyde还记得艾比 邦妮 克莱德

390–and Dexter and Eunice and Florence? 德克斯特 尤妮丝和弗洛伦斯吗?

391–The ones I hatched for the science fair.  How could I forget? 就是科学展览会上孵的小鸡 当然记得啊

392–It was classic Juli Baker. 朱莉·贝克总是那么经典

393–She totally dominated the fair. 轻而易举成了全场的焦点

394–And get this, her project was all about watching boring eggs hatch. 她的课题是观察无聊的鸡蛋孵化过程

395–I mean, here I had a live-action erupting volcano我的可是现场模拟火山爆发

396–and all anyone cared about was Juli’s boring chicks可大家显然对朱莉孵出的鸡仔

397–breaking out of their boring shells. 更感兴趣

398–Oh, I think the last one’s hatching. 最后一只出来了

399–It’s hatching.  Oh, it’s hatching. 出来了 出来了啊

400–Kids, come over here. 孩子们 快过来

401–But hey, she won. I lost. 好吧 我输给她了

402–I’ve never been one to dwell. 我彻底被无视了

403–Here it comes. 孵出来了

404–But that didn’t mean I had to eat her lousy eggs. 但我可不会吃她送来的鸡蛋

405–I think it was very sweet of Juli to bring us those eggs. 朱莉这姑娘真乖巧 还给我们送鸡蛋

406–I don’t care. I’m still having cereal tomorrow. 我才不吃呢 我明早还是喝燕麦粥

407–Yeah, how do we know there’s no chicks in one of those eggs? 我们怎么能确定这蛋不是孵了一半呢

408–I used to eat farm-fresh eggs when I was a kid. They were delicious. 我小时候常吃刚下的蛋 很是可口

409–Yeah, well, that’s all well and good刚下的蛋当然美味了

410–but what if we crack one open and a dead chick falls out? 可万一敲开鸡蛋 掉出一具尸体咋整?

411–Do they have a rooster? 他们家有养公鸡吗?

412–If they don’t have a rooster the eggs can’t be fertile. 如果没有就不是受精蛋

413–And if they had a rooster, we’d know. 如果养了公鸡我们也会知道

414–The whole neighborhood would know. 街坊邻居都能听到

415–Maybe they got it de-yodeled. 万一人家把公鸡变声了呢

416–“De-yodeled”? 变声?

417–You know. De-cock-a-doodle-doo’d. 就是把声带给割了

418–What the hell are you talking about? 瞎说什么呢你?

419–Like they de-bark dogs. 就像给狗禁声那样

420–Bryce, why don’t you just ask Juli? 布莱斯 你直接问问朱莉不就行了?

421–I don’t think that  What? 还是不要吧 什么?

422–You afraid to talk to her?  I’m not afraid to talk to her. 你不敢跟她说话? 谁说我不敢跟她说话

423–I know you are, but what am I? 我看是你不敢吧

424–Okay. Just talk to her and find out.  Bryce. 好了 你去找她问问清楚吧 布莱斯

425–How do you tell if one’s a rooster? 你会如何识别公鸡?

426–Well, a rooster’s bigger. Longer feathers. 公鸡体型较大 羽毛更长

427–They’ve got that red stuff growing out of their head. 头上长有红色的鸡冠

428–And around their neck too.  That shouldn’t be too hard to spot. 脖子上也长有红毛 那应该挺好鉴别的吧

429–Although, come to think of it, chickens have the rubbery red stuff too. 你想想啊 鸡通常都长有鸡冠

430–Just not as much. 只不过不太明显罢了

431–Garrett’s expertise in roosters加利特是公鸡专家

432–was the cornerstone of our plan to avoid contact with Juli Baker. 他能让我避免直接和朱莉·贝克对峙

433–The balance of which involved spying over her back fence. 我们偷偷溜去她家后院

434–Come on, come on.  Shh. Shh. 快点 快点 嘘

435–Over here. 就在这

436–I can’t see the stupid chickens. 我看不清那些鸡啊

437–We gotta get them out of the coop. 得把它们从笼子里弄出来

438–Is that a rooster? 那是公鸡吗?

439–No, it looks like a chicken. 不是 看起来不像

440–How can you tell? 你怎么知道?

441–It just does. 只可意会不可言传

442–See what I mean? Expertise. 瞧见了吧? 什么叫做专家

443–Shh, shh!  What? 嘘 干嘛?

444–Juli. 朱莉

445–Here, guys. 开饭啦 宝贝们

446–Go on, there you go. 出来吧 吃饭喽

447–Here, guys. Go on.  Yeah, they’re all chickens. 来来来 吃饭哦 没错 都是鸡

448–There’s no rooster?  What did I just say? 一只公鸡都没有? 非得让我再说一遍?

449–How can you tell? 你怎么看出来的?

450–Well, none of them are strutting.  Here, come on. 它们走路没有昂首阔步 来来来 多吃点

451–Roosters strut?  Come on, guys. 公鸡也懂昂首阔步? 快吃呀

452–What did I just say?  Here. 你不懂就别问了行不? 吃吧吃吧

453–Plus, hardly any of them have any rubbery red stuff. 再说了 也没看见有红鸡冠的

454–What are you doing?  Yeah. They’re definitely all chickens. 你在干嘛呀? 绝对都是鸡

455–They’re all chickens. 他们家养的都是鸡

456–I’m proud of you, Bryce. 真替你骄傲啊 布莱斯

457–You overcame your fear.  Huh? 你克服了恐惧心理 什么?

458–You talked to her.  Oh, heh. Yeah. 你跟她说话了呀 哦 是啊

459–It’s no big deal. 这有啥大不了的

460–That’s what she told you? They’re all chickens? 是她亲口跟你说的吗? 养的都是鸡?

461–Yeah. 是啊

462–She’s a genius. You’re both genius Of course they’re all chickens. 你俩都够油菜的 不是鸡难道还是鸭啊

463–A rooster’s a chicken. The question is:公鸡不也是鸡么 可关键在于

464–Is one of them a rooster or are they all hens? 那些鸡都是母的吗?

465–Hens? Who said anything about hens? 母鸡? 谁跟我提过母鸡啊?

466–Then it hit me. 我突然就开窍了

467–Garrett didn’t know jack shit about chickens. 加利特压根对鸡一窍不通

468–Do roosters strut?  Yes, they do. 公鸡走路会昂首阔步么? 那当然了

469–What does that have to do with anything? 问这个问题有意义吗?

470–They’re all hens. 那它们全是母鸡

471–Well, the main thing is the eggs are okay. 只要鸡蛋没问题就行了

472–It’s all settled. 不用再纠结了

473–Not for me. 我可不这么想

474–There was no way I was ever gonna eat anything我打死都不可能去碰

475–that had anything to do with Juli Baker. 和朱莉·贝克有关的任何东西

476–I’m not eating them. 我不想吃鸡蛋

477–Well, why not? 为什么呢?

478–Have you seen their yard? It’s你又不是没见过她家那院子

479–There’s not even any grass. It’s all mud and chicken turds. 简直是寸草不生 除了污泥就是鸡粪

480–Ew. Gross. Salmonella. 真恶心 有沙门氏菌?

481–Do you suppose they could have salmonella? 该不会有沙门氏菌吧?

482–It’s not very likely.  Why take the risk? 应该不太可能 为什么要拿健康冒险?

483–What do we do with the eggs? 那鸡蛋如何处理?

484–Give them back. 还回去吧

485–Give them back? To Juli?  Sure. 还回去? 还给朱莉? 没错

486–You talked to her before, right? It didn’t kill you. 反正你都跟她说过话了 也没见你掉肉啊

487–Well, what do I say? 那我要怎么跟她说呢?

488–Tell her we don’t eat eggs. 告诉她我们家不吃鸡蛋

489–Uh, we’re allergic to them or something. 对鸡蛋过敏之类的

490–Come on, use your brains. 你不会动脑筋想想啊

491–It didn’t feel right to lie. 撒谎总归不太好

492–Besides, even a seventh grader would know再说了 三岁小孩都知道

493–that entire families aren’t allergic to eggs. 全家人不可能同时对鸡蛋过敏

494–But I didn’t wanna hurt her feelings either. 我也不想让她伤心

495–So that left me with only one option. 所以我只能这么做了

496–And thus another near-death experience而且也能让我避免

497–in my ongoing saga with Juli Baker had been successfully avoided. 和朱莉·贝克当面发生冲突

498–Until one week later. 直到一个星期后

499–Hi, Bryce. Brought you some more eggs. 嗨 布莱斯 我又给你带了些鸡蛋

500–Wow. 哇

501–Thanks.  Did your family like the first batch? 谢谢 之前送的那些你家人还喜欢吗?

502–Do you even have to ask? 这还用说吗

503–Great. See you at school. 那就好 学校见

504–What I hoped would be a one-time event我本来想着能永绝后患

505–was just the beginning of a life没想到却让自己

506–consumed with lies, intrigue and deception. 变得谎话连篇

507–Every morning I’d be on the lookout for Juli每天早晨我都得提防朱莉

508–so if she happened to come,必须抢在她敲门之前

509–I could whip the door open before she knocked. 把门打开

510–Thanks. 谢谢

511–Then I’d dump the eggs before anyone noticed. 然后再偷偷把鸡蛋给扔了

512–And why? Why couldn’t I just face her? 为什么? 我就不能直接跟她摊牌吗?

513–Why couldn’t I just say:为什么我就不能跟她说

514–“No, thanks. Don’t want them. Don’t need them. Give them to the snake”? 谢谢 我不稀罕你的鸡蛋 拿去喂蛇好了

515–Was I really afraid of hurting her feelings我究竟是不忍伤害她

516–or was I just afraid of her? 还是打心底里怕她?

517–Now, you wanna make sure you get it现在 你得确认…

518–When Mrs. Brubeck first suggested hatching eggs as my science project布鲁贝克老师最初提出孵化课题时

519–I was less than excited. 我其实并不太感兴趣

520–That is, until I saw my first sign of life. 直到我第一次亲眼目睹生命的迹象

521–Is that it? 就是这个吗?

522–That’s the embryo. Heh.  Wow. 是的 那就是胚胎 哇

523–It looks like a bean.  It does. 看起来像豌豆 没错

524–Let’s try the other ones. 看看其他几个吧

525–Suddenly it felt real. 那一刻我切身感受到

526–All the eggs were alive. 每颗蛋都是鲜活的生命

527–There were, like, little bean babies inside every one. 里面都孕育着豌豆宝宝

528–On the day of the fair, all six chicks hatched. 科技展览会上 六只小鸡成功孵化

529–What are the odds? 这不是做梦吧?

530–This year’s top prize goes to Juli Baker今年的冠军是朱莉·贝克

531–for her wonderful project:她的课题是

532–“A Chicken is Born. “小鸡的诞生过程

533–I won first place. 我得了第一名

534–And that was cool, but all I really cared about were my chicks. 我当然很高兴 但我更在意小鸡们的去留

535–There you go. There you go, guys. 开饭啦 宝贝们

536–My mom wasn’t crazy about us raising chickens. 妈妈并不太喜欢在家养鸡

537–But I begged and pleaded. 我拼命求她 还向她保证

538–I told her I would take care of everything. And I did. 一定会打理好一切 而且我做到了

539–Where’s Clyde? 克莱德哪去了?

540–Clyde? 克莱德?

541–Hey, Clyde. What’s the matter? 克莱德 你怎么了?

542–Are you okay? Aren’t you hungry? 你还好吗? 肚子不饿吗?

543–Come on. Come here. What’s wrong, baby? 来 过来 怎么了呀 宝贝?

544–Come here. 让我抱抱

545–Hey, you’re not Clyde. You’re Clydette. 嘿 你升级成妈妈克莱德啦

546–Mom! 妈妈

547–As it turned out, my hens laid more eggs than we could eat. 母鸡下的蛋供过于求

548–At first we tried to keep up一开始我们还想加大需求量

549–but after a month of boiling, frying and deviling但连吃了1个月的煮蛋 炒蛋 煎蛋后

550–like that movie The Blob, we were being overtaken by eggs. 就像电影”变形怪体”那样 我们彻底不行了

551–Then opportunity in the form of our neighbor, Mrs. Steuby, knocked. 直到邻居斯特比太太到访 事情才有所转机

552–Hello, dear. 你好呀 亲爱的

553–If you ever have any extra, I’d be happy to buy them from you. 如果你家有多余的鸡蛋 我想找你买一些

554–Really?  Certainly. 真的吗? 那当然了

555–And I happen to know that Mrs. Helms would be interested as well. 而且海姆斯太太也想买

556–Great.  Nothing like fresh eggs. 太好了 新鲜鸡蛋多营养呀

557–Thanks, Mrs. Steuby.  You bet, dear. Bye. 谢谢你 斯特比太太 不客气 亲爱的 再见

558–Between Mrs. Steuby and Mrs. Helms,在斯特比和海姆斯太太的帮助下

559–my egg overflow problem was solved. 我的难题总算得以解决

560–Then I realized that Mrs. Loski deserved eggs too. 我意识到应该给罗斯基太太也送些鸡蛋

561–But I didn’t think it would be right to charge her. 但我不想收她的钱

562–She had been such a good neighbor,她心地非常善良

563–lending us supplies when we ran out每次我们缺了什么 她总是慷慨相助

564–giving my mother a ride when our car wouldn’t start上次车坏了 她还让妈妈搭便车

565–it was the least I could do. 我理所应该报答她

566–Besides, if I happened to run into Bryce,再说了 如果能凑巧遇上布莱斯

567–that wouldn’t be the end of the world. 就再好不过了

568–Hi, Bryce. 嗨 布莱斯

569–By the third time I brought eggs over to the Loskis当我第三次给罗斯基家送鸡蛋时

570–I realized Bryce was waiting for me. 我注意到布莱斯每次都在等我

571–Waiting to pull open the door and say,等着开门对我说

572–“Thanks, Juli. See you at school. “”谢谢你 朱莉 学校见”

573–And in return, I got a few moments alone而我也何其有幸

574–with the world’s most dazzling eyes. 享受着与他深情凝视的小瞬间

575–Thanks, Juli. See you at school. 谢谢你 朱莉 学校见

576–It was a bargain. 这桩买卖还真不赖

577–Until the day it wasn’t. 可好景却不长

578–It was two weeks after the sycamore tree was cut down无花果树被砍的两周后

579–and I was just starting to feel normal again. 我的心情刚开始有所平复

580–Hey, Juli. Right on schedule. 嘿 朱莉 真够准时的啊

581–Yeah, well, neither rain nor sleet. 是啊 风雨无阻呢

582–Huh?  You know, the mailman thing? 什么? 就像邮递员那样

583–Oh. Right. 哦 没错

584–So, um, will you start riding the bus again? 你以后还会坐校车吗?

585–I don’t know. I haven’t been up there since我也说不好 自从上次…

586–It doesn’t look so bad anymore. It’s all cleared away. 其实也没那么糟 都清理干净了

587–Well, um, I better get ready for school. 那个 我得出发去学校了

588–Guess I’ll see you there. 咱们学校见吧

589–See you. 再见

590–Maybe Bryce was right. 也许布莱斯说的没错

591–Maybe it was time I started riding the bus again. 我是时候考虑重新坐校车了

592–After all, didn’t he just tell me he wanted me to? 他都向我发出邀请了

593–Could it be that Bryce Loski actually misses me? 会不会是布莱斯·罗斯基想我了?

594–Juli? What are you still doing here? 朱莉 你还没走呀?

595–I was just thinking. 我在想事情

596–It’s pickup day. The cans are in front. 今天是垃圾回收日 垃圾车就在前面

597–I know. You need some help? 我知道 要我帮忙吗?

598–No. Maybe I’ll do it later. 不用了 我还是过会儿再去吧

599–Are those my eggs? 那是我送的鸡蛋?

600–Yeah. Yeah, I dropped them. 是的 我不小心掉地上了

601–They’re not broken. 并没有摔坏啊

602–Why are you throwing them away? 为什么要扔了?

603–Don’t you want them? 你不想要吗?

604–It wasn’t me. My dad didn’t think it was worth the risk. 不是我 我爸爸觉得我们不该冒险

605–Risk? What risk? 冒险? 冒什么险啊?

606–Salmonella. 沙门氏菌

607–What? He’s afraid of being poisoned? 什么? 他还怕我会下毒吗?

608–Well, Juli, I mean, look at your back yard. It’s a complete mess. 朱莉 你瞧瞧你家后院 乱得不像话

609–It’s, like, covered in turds. 到处都是鸡粪

610–That’s not true. I clean up after my girls every day. 怎么会 我每天都会打扫干净

611–We just didn’t wanna hurt your feelings. 我们只是不想伤害你

612–Have you always thrown them away? 之前的你全都扔了?

613–You know, Mrs. Steuby and Mrs. Helms pay me for my eggs. 斯特比和海姆斯太太一直花钱买我的鸡蛋

614–They do?  They pay me 60 cents a dozen. 是吗? 12个鸡蛋60美分

615–I didn’t know. 我并不知道

616–How could you? 你怎么能这样?

617–I’m sorry. 对不起

618–No, you’re not. 不 你才不会

619–It didn’t take me long to realize很快我便意识到

620–that I’d traded in my old problems with Juli Baker我和朱莉·贝克之前结下的成见

621–for a whole set of new ones. 会牵扯出很多新问题

622–It was actually worse having her mad at me than having her annoy me. 其实我更希望她来找我麻烦 而不是独自生闷气

623–The way she ignored me was a constant reminder她对我视而不见

624–that I’d been a jerk. 就像在提醒我 我是个混蛋

625–Then one day I was coming home from playing basketball with Garrett后来有一天我和加利特打完球回家

626–and things got weird. 诡异的事情发生了

627–Don’t be so timid. Come on, you won’t hurt them. 别这么没用 来吧 你不会伤到它们的

628–Like this?  Yeah, that’s it. 像这样? 没错 就是这样

629–My grandfather. 我外公

630–All I ever saw him wear was slippers. 他向来只穿拖鞋

631–Now, where did he get those work boots? 那双工作靴是哪来的?

632–I couldn’t stop looking over there. 我总忍不住看看对面

633–And the more I looked, the madder I got. 而且越看越生气

634–My grandfather had already said more to Juli in one hour我外公一小时内跟朱莉说的话

635–than he’d said to me in the whole time he’d been living with us. 比他跟我说过的所有话还要多

636–I was pretty sure I’d never seen him laugh. 而且我从没见他笑过

637–And what was his deal with Juli Baker? 他和朱莉·贝克究竟在干嘛?

638–Hi, Grandpa. 嗨 外公

639–Juli told me about the eggs. 朱莉跟我说了鸡蛋的事

640–You know, Bryce布莱斯

641–one’s character is set at an early age. 人的性格塑造于小时候

642–I’d hate to see you swim out so far you can’t swim back. 我不希望你就这么迷失自我

643–Sir? 什么意思?

644–It’s about honesty, son. 做人要诚实 孩子

645–Sometimes a little discomfort in the beginning一时的隐忍难捱

646–can save a whole lot of pain down the road. 或许能让你免去一世的痛苦煎熬

647–When it came to holding a grudge, Juli Baker was truly impressive. 朱莉·贝克还真够记仇的

648–All week I tried to approach her at school. 我整个星期都在借机接近她

649–She’d always find some way to duck me. 她却千方百计地避开我

650–And whenever she was in her yard, Grandpa was always there with her. 等她回到家里 外公又总是陪着她

651–Finally, one Saturday I saw my opening. 终于在星期六那天 我的机会来了

652–My grandfather had gone into town to buy some Bengay. 外公进城去买药了

653–I guess the yard work was starting to get to him. 估计是修整院落让他过于劳累

654–It’s looking real good. 真漂亮啊

655–Thanks. Chet did most of it. 谢谢 这都是切特的功劳

656–I’m sorry for what I did. 我很抱歉自己的所作所为

657–I just don’t get it, Bryce. Why didn’t you just tell me? 我真想不明白 布莱斯 你为什么不直说呢?

658–I don’t know. It was dumb. 我也不知道 我太傻了

659–And I shouldn’t have said anything about your yard, either. 我也不该对你家院子指手画脚

660–It wasn’t right. 那是不对的

661–Maybe it’s all for the best. 也不尽然吧

662–I mean, look, I learned so much from Chet, it’s amazing. 我从切特身上学到很多 真是受益匪浅

663–You’re lucky. 你很幸运

664–I don’t even have grandparents anymore. 我爷爷奶奶都不在了

665–I feel sorry for him. 我真替他难过

666–He misses your grandma. 他非常思念你外婆

667–Can you believe it? He says I remind him of her. 你信吗? 他说我让他想起了你外婆

668–What?  I know. That’s what I said. 什么? 是啊 我当时也是这个反应

669–But he meant it in a nice way. Something about her spirit. 他并不是那个意思 他说的是性格方面

670–Yeah. 是啊

671–Good luck with the grass. I’m sure it’ll come up great. 祝你好运 你家的草坪一定会茂密如新

672–Thanks. 谢谢

673–I guess I’ll see you around. 那就以后见吧

674–I guess so. 再见

675–While Juli’s acceptance of my apology was not all that I’d hoped for我所期望的不仅仅是朱莉接受我的道歉

676–at least the eggs thing was finally behind me. 但至少这场鸡蛋风波总算过去了

677–The first time in months I could truly enjoy Bonanza. 我总算能好好看一回”伯南扎牛仔”了

678–Where you going and why you dressed like that? 你这是要去哪 干嘛穿成这样?

679–Skyler’s. 斯凯勒家

680–Matt and Mark are bringing over recording stuff马特和马克会带录音设备

681–and they’re gonna make a demo. 去录唱片小样

682–Demo? Like they know how to make a demo. 唱片小样? 以为自己有多专业啊

683–You don’t even know them. 你压根不认识人家

684–I don’t have to. I know the type. 没必要 这种人我很了解

685–You don’t know anything.  Don’t talk to me like that. 你啥都不懂 别用这种口气跟我说话

686–I’m late.  Be back by 11. 我要迟到了 11点前必须回家

687–Yep. Everything was back to normal. 没错 一切都重新回到正轨

688–Is that girl working you too hard? 那姑娘把你当免费劳动力呢?

689–That girl’s name is Juli. And, no, she isn’t working me too hard. 她叫朱莉 她才没有为难我呢

690–You’ve developed quite a soft spot for her, huh? 你对她可是异常温柔啊 对吧?

691–Steven. 史蒂芬

692–No, Patsy. Just wanna find out why your father has the energy帕蒂 我就想知道你老爸是不是精力过剩

693–to befriend a complete stranger宁可去结交陌生人

694–when he won’t throw a baseball around with his own grandson. 都不愿意陪亲外孙打棒球

695–It’s okay, Dad.  No, it’s not okay. 没事的 爸爸 不 这怎么行

696–Juli reminds him of Grandma. 朱莉让他想到了外婆

697–Of Renee? Heh. 你说芮妮?

698–That’s ridiculous. 太扯了吧

699–You know why the Bakers haven’t fixed their yard? 你知道贝克家为什么不修整院落吗?

700–Yeah, because he’s too busy with his paint-by-numbers kit. 因为他成天忙于作画呗

701–If you had a brother with a severe handicap, what would you do? 如果你有个先天弱智的兄弟 你会怎么办?

702–What the hell does that have to do with anything? 没事说这个干嘛啊?

703–Juli’s father has a retarded brother. 朱莉他叔叔是先天性弱智

704–So what? He’s not the gardener, is he? Heh. 那又怎样? 又没让他去修整院子

705–Steven. 史蒂芬

706–It was a joke. 开玩笑啦

707–You know, other people have family troubles家家有本难念的经

708–and they manage to mow their own lawns. 但人家却能修剪好自家草坪

709–I don’t know where their pride in ownership is. 亏他们还是房主

710–They don’t own that house. 那房子是他们租的

711–The landlord’s supposed to maintain it. 保养的事应该由房东负责

712–Mr. Baker puts every extra penny he has into caring for his brother. 贝克先生倾尽所有积蓄 用于照顾他弟弟

713–Don’t they have government facilities for that sort of thing? 政府部门不是会有救济吗?

714–Maybe they thought that a private facility would be better for him. 他们觉得家人能给他最好的照顾

715–Either way, it’s not our fault不管怎样 他家的基因有问题

716–that their family has some chromosomal abnormality. 不能怨咱们啊

717–It has nothing to do with chromosomes. 这和基因没什么关系

718–When Juli’s uncle was born,朱莉的叔叔出生时

719–he had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck. 脖子被脐带缠住了

720–If he’d had enough oxygen,如果不是缺氧所致

721–he would’ve been a perfect little baby, just like your son. 他也会和你儿子一样健康成长

722–Goddamn it, Chet. 说什么鬼话啊 切特

723–Patsy? Patsy?  Leave me alone! 帕蒂 帕蒂 让我一个人待一会儿

724–Sorry about that. 对不起

725–Why is Mom so upset? 妈妈为什么这么难过?

726–Because因为

727–but for the grace of God多亏了上帝的恩宠

728–your mother could be standing in Mr. Baker’s shoes. 否则你妈妈也得和贝克先生同病相怜

729–Did her brother have the cord wrapped around his neck too? 舅舅的脖子也被脐带缠过?

730–You did. 是你

731–Luckily, the doctor who delivered you was on the ball所幸替你接生的医生经验丰富

732–and got it untangled及时把脐带解开了

733–but it easily could’ve gone the other way. 如果稍有不慎就会万劫不复

734–Wanna go for a walk?  Huh? 去散散步吗? 什么?

735–I find it helps clear the mind. 能让大脑清醒一下

736–What would they have done with me? 如果不幸发生在我身上 他们会怎么做?

737–You can’t dwell on something that might’ve been, Bryce. 我们无法预知未曾发生的事

738–The way my dad was talking,看我爸那架势

739–sounds like he would’ve thrown me in a nuthouse. 估计会把我扔进精神病院

740–No, no. Now, that’s not fair. 不 别这么说 这对他不公平

741–You can’t condemn him for something he hasn’t done. 你不能给他加上莫须有的罪名

742–This is where that tree was, wasn’t it? 这就是那棵树 是吗?

743–Yeah. 是的

744–Must’ve been a spectacular view. 上面的景色一定特别美妙

745–She’s quite a girl. 她是个好姑娘

746–Some of us get dipped in flat有些人会渐露平庸

747–some in satin有些人会小有所成

748–some in gloss. 还有人会出类拔萃

749–But every once in a while但你偶尔才能遇上一个

750–you find someone who’s iridescent. 光彩夺目的人

751–And when you do当你真正遇到这一刻

752–nothing will ever compare. 才能明白其中的美好

753–Flat, glossy, iridescent? 平庸 拔萃 光彩夺目?

754–What the hell did that mean? 到底是啥意思啊?

755–Juli Baker had always just seemed plain to me. 朱莉·贝克原本在我心里毫不起眼

756–Until now. 直到这一刻才有所改观

757–And the way she talked about what it felt like to be up in that tree当她说起置身树梢的美妙感觉

758–to be held above the earth, brushed by the wind. 远离地面 微风轻拂

759–Who in junior high talks like that? 哪个初中生会说出这种话呢?

760–This weird feeling started taking over in the pit of my stomach我心里涌出一种别样的感觉

761–and I didn’t like it. 我讨厌这种感觉

762–I was slipping, man. 我不能再错下去了

763–And it was time to get a grip. 是时候及时清醒了

764–I’d never been embarrassed by where we lived before. 我从未因家庭的遭遇感到不幸

765–I also never really thought about money. 我也从没想过钱的问题

766–I knew we weren’t rich, but I didn’t feel like we were missing anything. 虽然我们并不富有 却也不觉生活贫乏

767–That is, until Bryce Loski called our home a complete mess. 直到布莱斯·罗斯基说我家简直一团糟

768–* What’s your name? *  * What’s your name? ** 你叫什么名字? * * 你叫什么名字? *

769–* Is it Mary or Sue? ** 玛丽还是苏? *

770–* What’s your name? ** 你叫什么名字? *

771–* Do I stand a chance with you? ** 我们能否在一起? *

772–* It’s so hard to find a personality ** 我从未如此 *

773–* With charms like yours for me ** 对他人感到着迷 *

774–I had to do something and I knew what it was. 我必须有所行动 我很清楚应该怎么做

775–* What’s your name? ** 你叫什么名字? *

776–Oh, you’re sounding really good. 你们唱得真棒

777–We’ll record it in Skyler’s garage. 我们会去斯凯勒家的车库录音

778–That’s a wonderful project. 这计划真不错

779–Speaking of projects,说到计划

780–I was thinking it might be cool to fix up the yard. 我想把院子修整一下

781–What?  I mean, how much can grass seed cost? 什么? 草种子应该不贵吧?

782–I could plant a lawn, maybe some flowers. 我可以种块草坪 再种点花

783–I could even put up a fence. 甚至可以筑道篱笆

784–Honey, that’s a major undertaking. 宝贝儿 这可是个大工程

785–I could pay for it with my egg money. 我可以用卖鸡蛋的钱来修

786–No. That’s your money. 不行 那是你的钱

787–The landlord should be the one taking care of all this. 这事应该由房东来打理

788–But he doesn’t. And we live here. 可他不是毫无行动么 住在这里的人是我们

789–And it looks so bad. 院子看上去乱糟糟的

790–Jules. 朱莉

791–What’s going on? 出什么事了?

792–Nothing, Dad. 没什么 爸爸

793–It’s okay, sweetheart. 没事的 宝贝儿

794–You can tell us. 跟我们说说吧

795–The Loskis have been throwing away my eggs罗斯基他们家把鸡蛋都扔了

796–because they’re afraid of salmonella. 他们担心会有沙门氏菌

797–Because our yard is such a mess. 因为我们家院子乱糟糟的

798–Did Patsy say that? 这话是帕蒂说的吗?

799–No. Bryce did. 不是 布莱斯说的

800–But it must have been a family discussion. 但他们全家肯定都这么想

801–A boy doesn’t come up with that on his own. 小男孩是不会思考这种问题的

802–Who cares what they think? 他们怎么想关我们什么事?

803–Yeah, who cares? 就是啊 关我们什么事?

804–I care.  Trina. 可我在意 蒂娜

805–Let’s not get into this. 别往心里去

806–No, I’m tired of living like this, Richard. 不 我受够了 理查德

807–I’m tired of having to take temp jobs just to make ends meet. 为了把账单付清 不得不去打小工

808–I’m tired of having to push a chair up against the washing machine必须把椅子放在洗衣机上

809–just to keep the door shut. 才能想办法把门关紧

810–I’m tired of having to borrow Mrs. Steuby’s vacuum cleaner我真的受够了 每次吸尘机一出毛病

811–every time ours breaks down. 就不得不厚着脸皮向斯特比太太借

812–Do you think this is the life I pictured for us? 你以为这是我想要的生活吗?

813–Sometimes you have to sacrifice to do the right thing. 有时我们为了正确的选择 不得不做出牺牲

814–We always end up agreeing that Devonhurst is the right thing for Daniel. 我们都认为德文赫斯特是最适合丹尼尔的

815–Well, maybe we should start thinking about what’s right for us. 我们也是时候替自己好好考虑了

816–Our daughter is suffering because we won’t fix up our own yard. 不能再因为无力修整庭院 让咱家闺女受委屈

817–It’s not our yard. 这不是我们的院子

818–How can you say that, Richard? How? 你怎么能说这种话 理查德? 你良心何在?

819–We’ve lived here for 12 years我们在这足足住了12年

820–and for 12 years we’ve been saying it’s temporary, but it’s not. 我们口口声声说是暂居于此 但事实截然相反

821–This is our home. 这就是我们的家

822–Is it wrong to wanna live somewhere you can be proud of? 想住豪华大宅有错吗?

823–To have enough to send your kids to college? 想供孩子上大学有错吗?

824–Maybe it’s time we considered government care. 是时候考虑选择政府救济了

825–We are not moving my brother. 我们不能弃我弟弟于不顾

826–He’s more important than your own children? 他比你自己的孩子还重要?

827–Dad!  How dare you! 爸爸 你再给我说一句!

828–Stop it, Dad! Please, just stop. 别吵了 爸爸 求你了 别这样

829–I’m sorry. Julianna, this is not your fault. 对不起 朱莉安娜 这不是你的错

830–We’ll work this out, I promise. 我们会想办法解决的 我向你保证

831–That was the first time那是我第一次

832–I ever heard my parents really yell at each other. 看到父母大动干戈

833–I’m sorry about tonight. 今晚的事我很抱歉

834–That night they each came into my room. 他们都先后来到我房间

835–My father talked about his brother and how much he loved him我爸爸说了叔叔的遭遇 说他很爱他

836–and how he promised his parents he’d always take care of him. 他曾经答应父母会永远照顾他

837–My mother talked about how much she loved my father妈妈说她很爱爸爸

838–for his strength and kind heart. 她爱他的坚强与善良

839–When she kissed me good night她亲吻我向我道晚安

840–she whispered that of all her many blessings, I was her best. 在我耳边说道 我是她最大的骄傲

841–I felt sorry for my father. 我对爸爸充满歉疚

842–I felt sorry for my mother. 亦对妈妈心怀歉疚

843–But most of all, I felt lucky for me that they were mine. 但更重要的是 我庆幸能成为他们的女儿

844–I wanted to think the reason I started working on my yard我觉得自己下决心整理院落

845–had nothing to do with Bryce. 和布莱斯的话毫无关系

846–It was about making our house better. 我只想让这个家更为温馨

847–After what he did with the eggs,他既然能扔掉我送的鸡蛋

848–why should I care what he thought? 我又何必在乎他的想法?

849–But I did. 但我始终还是在乎

850–Are you pruning that or trying to hack it to death? 你到底是想修剪枝桠 还是伐木啊?

851–Hi. I’m Chet Duncan, Bryce’s grandfather. 嗨 我是切特·邓肯 布莱斯的外公

852–Sorry it’s taken me so long to come over and introduce myself. 不好意思 过了这么久才来打招呼

853–Nice to meet you. 很高兴认识你

854–So are you trimming all these to the same height? 你是想把它们修剪平整吗?

855–Well, yeah, that’s what I was thinking, but I don’t know. 没错 我就是这么想的 却不知如何下手

856–Do you think it would look better to take them out? 你觉得把它拔了会不会好看一点?

857–Oh, these are Hicksii shrubs. These will prune up nicely. 这是红豆杉灌木 会越来越漂亮的

858–Listen, Mr. Duncan. 听我说 邓肯先生

859–Call me Chet. 叫我切特就好

860–Chet. 切特

861–If you’re here because of what Bryce said如果你是因为布莱斯说的那些话而来

862–I don’t need your help. 那就大可不必了

863–Read about you in the paper. 我在报纸上看到关于你的报道

864–Renee would’ve sat up in that tree with you. 芮妮如果还在 一定会陪你坐在树梢

865–She would’ve sat up there all night. 她可以在上面坐上整夜

866–Renee? 芮妮?

867–My wife. 我妻子

868–You remind me a lot of her. 你让我不自觉想起她

869–We worked on the yard for weeks. 我们在院子里忙活了几个星期

870–And the whole time we worked, we talked. 我们一边干活 一边聊天

871–Right there?  Perfect, yeah. 你那好了没? 好了

872–He wanted to know more about the sycamore tree. 他想了解无花果树

873–He knew exactly what it meant他非常清楚

874–about the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. 整体胜于部分的总和是什么意思

875–He said it was the same with people他说人也如此

876–but sometimes with people, the whole could be less. 但有时候 人还没那么好

877–I thought that was pretty interesting. 我觉得很有意思

878–I started looking at people I’d known since elementary school我开始重新审视从小学就认识的人们

879–trying to figure out if they were想知道他们

880–more or less than the sum of their parts. 是不是整体胜于全部

881–Chet was right. A lot of them were less. 切特说得对 很多人还不如

882–Of all my classmates, the one person I couldn’t seem to place was Bryce. 在我所有同学中 只有布莱斯不知该归到哪类

883–Until recently, I would’ve said with absolute certainty要是以前 我会极其肯定地说

884–that he was greater, far greater, than the sum of his parts. 他的整体远远好于全部

885–But now I wasn’t so sure. 但现在我不确定了

886–It’s looking good, Juli. Nice job. 很漂亮的院子啊 朱莉 干得好

887–Thanks. Chet did most of it. 谢谢 这都是切特的功劳

888–I’m sorry for what I did. 我很抱歉自己的所作所为

889–I just don’t get it, Bryce. 我真想不明白 布莱斯

890–Why didn’t you just tell me? 你为什么不直说呢?

891–Was he really sorry? 他是真的抱歉吗?

892–Or was he just saying these things to make himself feel better? 还是他这样说只是为了让自己好受一点?

893–Then I thought maybe I just wanted him于是我在想 也许他的好

894–to be more than the sum of his parts. 都只是我的一厢情愿

895–But as I looked into his eyes但当我直视他的双眼

896–those dazzling eyes那双忽闪忽闪的眼睛

897–for the first time有生以来第一次

898–I was pretty sure that Bryce Loski was less. 我十分确定布莱斯·罗斯基没那么好

899–We’re going to invite the Bakers over for dinner. 我们要请贝克一家来吃晚餐

900–What?  I don’t know, Mom. 啥? 我不懂 妈妈

901–I think that’s a marvelous idea. 好主意啊

902–Patsy, what purpose does this serve? 帕蒂 什么理由?

903–Trina Baker is a very nice person. 蒂娜·贝克人很好

904–And Matt and Mark are really cool.  I hate cool. 马特和马克也很有意思 讨厌有意思的人

905–Something we should’ve done years ago. 早就该请他们过来了

906–Yeah, but we didn’t. And now we can’t. 对啊 但一直没请 现在请不了了

907–The statute of limitations has run out. 时效已经过了

908–We’re having the Bakers over for dinner. 我们要请贝克一家来吃晚餐

909–If this is about what I said last night, I’m sorry, okay? 如果是因为我昨晚说错话了 对不起 行了吧

910–But, you know, having them over for dinner is not gonna fix his brother. 但是 请他们吃饭又治不好他哥哥

911–It’s going to be a sit-down dinner. 到时是晚宴的形式

912–And I expect everyone to dress accordingly. 我希望大家衣着得体一点

913–Oh, God. Can’t we just have a barbecue? 天哪 来一顿烧烤不行吗?

914–It’s going to be a sit-down dinner. 是晚宴

915–Just shoot me now. 杀了我吧

916–Careful what you wish for. 小心梦想成真

917–So that was it. 于是就这样了

918–A dress-up, sit-down dinner with Juli Baker was in my immediate future. 想到不久就要和朱莉·贝克参加衣衫楚楚的晚宴

919–And that made seeing Juli at school more uncomfortable. 在学校看见她 我就更不自在了

920–I found myself staring at her in class. 我发现上课时我总爱盯着她看

921–And the way her hair fell back over her shoulders她头发散落在肩上的样子

922–she looked just like the picture in the newspaper. 像极了她在报纸上那张照片

923–Dana Tressler caught me watching. 戴娜·切斯勒发现我在看她

924–If I didn’t do something fast, this could spread like wildfire. 要是不反应快点 这事就得传开了

925–There was a bee in her hair. 她头发里有只蜜蜂

926–See, there it goes. 看见没 飞走了

927–There’s no bee. 没有蜜蜂

928–It flew out the window. 从窗户飞出去了

929–I convinced myself I’d dodged a bullet. 我说服自己要逃过此劫

930–I had to put Juli out of my mind. 我必须把朱莉从脑海中抹去

931–Keep the focus on the important stuff like schoolwork. 我把重心放到作业这些事上

932–My weakness was unnerving. 可我胆子太小了

933–I need your sharpener. 我要用你的削笔刀

934–You ever heard of knocking? 你没学过敲门吗?

935–Hey, what you got there? Dad’s Playboy? 在看什么呢! 爸爸的”花花公子”吗?

936–None of your business. 关你毛事

937–Give my best to Miss October.  Get out. 代我向十月的封面小妞问好 出去

938–Or should I say your best? Ha, ha.  You’re disgusting. 或者向你问好? 你恶不恶心

939–Another disaster avoided. 又躲过一场灾难

940–My life had become a minefield. 我的生活从此充满危险

941–Hey, man.  Hey. 嗨 伙计 嗨

942–What’s this? 这是什么

943–It’s not what you think. 不是你想的那样

944–Okay, it is what you think, but I can explain. 好吧 就是你想的那样 但我可以解释

945–Okay, I can’t explain. Can we just talk about it later? 好吧 我没法解释 这事能晚点再聊吗

946–Whatever you say. 随便

947–I had to talk to someone. 我必须找人聊聊

948–Why not Garrett? Maybe he could help me get back on track. 不如加利特吧 可能他能让我清醒过来

949–Garrett was surprisingly sensitive in matters of the heart. 从内心来说 加利特着实吃了一惊

950–Are you freaking mental? Juli Baker. You hate her. 你疯了吗? 朱莉·贝克 你是讨厌她的

951–That’s what’s weird. I don’t think I do. 所以才奇怪啊 我觉得我不讨厌她

952–I can’t stop thinking about her. 我总是在想她

953–You got it bad, man.  Well, what do I do? 你把事情搞砸了 那我该怎么办?

954–Well, you gotta nip this in the bud. These aren’t real emotions. 你要把这种感情扼杀在萌芽状态 它是假的

955–They’re not? 为什么是假的?

956–You feel guilty because of the egg thing. 你是因为扔鸡蛋的事有负罪感

957–Yeah, and I insulted her yard. 嗯 我还侮辱她的院子了

958–Exactly. Of course, the place is a dump anyways. 对啊 当然 那地方的确像个垃圾场

959–It’s not her fault. Her dad’s got a retarded brother这不是她的错 她爸爸有个智障哥哥

960–and all their money goes to helping him. 家里的钱都拿去给他治病了

961–A retard? Well, shoot, that ought to tell you something. 智障? 操 你也该看出来一些事吧

962–About what?  About Juli. 什么事? 朱莉的

963–What are you saying? 你说什么?

964–The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. 树上掉下的苹果 能落到多远

965–I couldn’t believe it. I wanted to yell at him. 我不信 我想骂他

966–Tell him that he didn’t know Juli like I did. 告诉他他不像我这样了解朱莉

967–But all that came out was:但一张口就变成了:

968–Heh, oh. 哦 原来如此

969–Right.  Yeah. 是啊 对啊

970–Right. Um, I’ll talk to you later. 好 我先走了 晚点找你

971–I was supposed to go to Garrett’s after school我本该放学后去找加利特的

972–but I couldn’t be around him. 但我不想跟他一块了

973–He’d crossed the line. 他已经越界了

974–And standing right next to him across that line was my father. 跟他一道越界的还有我爸爸

975–I didn’t care what they thought. 我不在乎他们怎么想的

976–I liked Juli Baker. 我喜欢朱莉·贝克

977–Sunday mornings are peaceful in our house. 每到周日早晨 我家就充满祥和宁静

978–My dad lets himself sleep in. 爸爸会睡到自然醒

979–My mother lets herself not fix breakfast. 妈妈懒得做早餐

980–If my brothers have been out late playing with their band如果我两个哥哥出去玩乐队

981–you won’t even know they’re around till noon. 中午之前你都找不到他们在哪儿

982–But this Sunday, I woke up feeling weird. 但这个周天 我一觉醒来就觉得不自在

983–I had to do something to shake off the confused feelings about Bryce我必须摆脱自己对布莱斯的困惑

984–that were starting to creep back in. 这种困惑越来越强烈了

985–You really did it, didn’t you? Heh. 你干得真不错啊

986–Proud of you.  Thanks, Dad. 为你骄傲 谢谢 爸爸

987–Where you going?  To see Daniel. It’s his birthday. 你要去哪儿? 去看丹尼尔 今天是他的生日

988–I wanna come with you. 我也想去

989–Oh, honey, just enjoy the morning, stay with your mom. 宝贝 享受这个早上吧 和妈妈一起呆着

990–No, Dad. I wanna come. 不 爸爸 我想去

991–Sweetheart, listen. 宝贝 听着

992–Sometimes, with Daniel… 有时 跟丹尼尔…

993–I’m coming, Dad. 我要来 爸爸

994–Okay. 好吧

995–We’d better leave a note for your mother. 我们该给妈妈留张纸条哈

996–In all the years, I’d never visited my Uncle Daniel. 这些年来 我从没拜访过丹尼尔伯伯

997–I don’t know why. It was always something my dad did alone. 我不明白为什么 爸爸总是一个人去的

998–We didn’t say much to each other on the drive to Devonhurst,去德文赫斯特的路上我们没怎么说话

999–but I didn’t care. 但我并不介意

1000–I just liked being with my dad. 我就喜欢和爸爸呆在一起

1001–Somehow the silence seemed to connect us in a way有时沉默对我们而言

1002–that words never could. 无声胜有声

1003–The residents tend to the grounds as part of their therapy. 让病人料理草坪 也是其中一种治疗方法

1004–It takes some getting used to. They’re good people, though. 有人要花些时间才能适应 但他们都是好人

1005–Daniel? 丹尼尔?

1006–Daniel. 丹尼尔

1007–Richard! You’re here! 理查德! 你来啦

1008–Richard for my birthday. 理查德来给我过生日啦

1009–Who? Richard, who? Who? 她是谁? 理查德 她是谁

1010–Who? Who? Richard, who? Who? 她是谁 理查德 她是谁

1011–Daniel, Daniel, it’s Julianna. It’s my daughter. 丹尼尔 丹尼尔 她是朱莉安娜 我女儿

1012–Your niece. 是你的侄女

1013–Julianna. 朱莉安娜

1014–Ha, Julianna.  Happy birthday, Uncle Daniel. 朱莉安娜 生日快乐 丹尼尔伯伯

1015–Ha-ha-ha. Richard. It’s my birthday. 呵呵 理查德 今天是我的生日

1016–I have your pictures, Julianna. I have your pictures. 我有你的照片 朱莉安娜 我有你的照片

1017–We have a present for you. 我们给你准备了一份礼物

1018–A puzzle? A puzzle, Richard? 拼图吗? 是拼图吗 理查德

1019–Not just a puzzle. 不仅仅是拼图

1020–A puzzle and a有拼图 还有…

1021–pinwheel. 风车

1022–A pinwheel! Thank you, Richard. 风车! 谢谢你 理查德

1023–Yes. 太好了

1024–Orange. Outside? Outside, Richard? 橙色的 出去玩不? 出去玩吧 理查德

1025–You wanna go outside? All right, we’ll go to, uh, McEIliot’s. 你想出去吗 好 我们就去麦克艾略特餐厅

1026–We’ll walk out there for an ice cream.  Ice cream! 我们走过去吃冰激凌 冰激凌!

1027–Oh, no. No, no, we can’t. 哦 不行 不行 我们不能去

1028–Daniel doesn’t like ice cream. 丹尼尔不喜欢吃冰激凌

1029–I do like ice cream, Richard.  I’m only kidding. 我喜欢冰激凌 丹尼尔 我只是开玩笑

1030–I know you like ice cream.  Ahh! 我知道你喜欢吃冰激凌 啊!

1031–You love ice cream. All right, come on. 你喜欢吃冰激凌 好了 走吧

1032–Here you go. Got it?  Ah! 给你 拿着 哇

1033–Here you go. 给你

1034–It’s my birthday. 今天我生日

1035–Lollipop. It’s my birthday. 甜筒 今天我生日

1036–You like it? Oh! 你喜欢吗? 啊!

1037–All right, Daniel. Okay, wait, wait.  Ice cream. Ice cream. 没事 丹尼尔 等等 冰激凌 冰激凌

1038–My ice cream. My ice cream. Ugh!  It’s okay. Daniel. 我的冰激凌 我的冰激凌 没事 丹尼尔

1039–Daniel! 丹尼尔

1040–Daniel! Leave it, I’ll get y… 丹尼尔 算了吧 我再给你买

1041–Ice cream on the floor. Ice cream on the floor. 冰激凌掉地上了 冰激凌掉地上了

1042–Would you go get him another cone? 你再去给他买一支吧

1043–Yeah.  I need ice cream, Richard! 好的 我要冰激凌 理查德

1044–It’s my birthday, Richard. It’s my birthday! 今天是我生日 理查德 今天我生日

1045–Ice cream, Richard! Ice cream, Richard! 冰激凌 理查德! 冰激凌 理查德!

1046–Stop! Stop it! 停下 停下

1047–I need it!  Stop it! Stop it! 我要冰激凌! 停下 停下

1048–Here we go.  Ice cream! 看 冰激凌

1049–Richard!  Okay, okay. I’ve got some ice cream. 理查德! 好了 这有冰激凌

1050–Birthday ice cream. That’s good, Richard. 生日的冰激凌 太好了 理查德

1051–I’m so sorry. He hasn’t done anything like that对不起 他以前不是这样的

1052–I’d often heard my father talk about how difficult life was for Daniel. 我经常听爸爸提起生活对丹尼尔来说有多么困难

1053–But I never really understood it until now. 但直到现在 我才真正体会到了

1054–Yeah, there you go.  Heh. Orange. 你看 呵呵 橙色风车

1055–On the walk back, Daniel acted like nothing had happened. 在回去的路上 丹尼尔表现得跟没事人一样

1056–Other way. Other way. 吹这边 吹这边

1057–On the ride home, my dad told me that Uncle Daniel回家的路上 爸爸告诉我丹尼尔伯伯

1058–used to live with him and Mom before we were born. 在我们出生前 跟他和妈妈一起住

1059–But after a while, it became too difficult. 但过了一段时间 就不那么容易相处了

1060–When we got home, everything looked the same. 回到家中 一切看上去和平常一样

1061–But it wasn’t. 但实际上已经不是了

1062–Before today, Daniel had always been just a name to me. 今天以前 丹尼尔对我来说只是一个名字

1063–Now he was part of the family. 但现在 他是我们家庭的一份子了

1064–Hey.  Hey. 嗨 嗨

1065–How’d it go? 今天咋样

1066–I’m glad I went. 很高兴我去了

1067–I’m glad you went too. 我也为你高兴

1068–Trina, it’s Sunday. What are you doing mopping the floor? 蒂娜 今天周日 你拖地板干嘛

1069–Patty Loski invited us over for dinner Friday night. 帕蒂·罗斯基邀请我们周五去她家吃晚餐

1070–Shouldn’t she be mopping her floor? 那应该她在家拖地板啊

1071–Or did she ask to borrow ours? 难道她要借我们的地板?

1072–Nervous energy. 我这不是紧张嘛

1073–Did she invite all of us?  Yes, she did. 她邀请我们所有人了吗? 是啊

1074–Even our friend Sal Monella? 连我们的朋友萨尔·莫利纳也邀请了?

1075–Richard. 理查德

1076–Why, after all these years? 这么多年了 她什么意思

1077–Well, she said she felt really bad that they hadn’t invited us before她说她很抱歉 以前都没请过我们

1078–and apparently they want to get to know us better. 很显然 他们想进一步了解我们

1079–And you wanna go? 你想去吗?

1080–Well, she insisted. 她坚持要我们去啊

1081–And I think it would be really nice. 我觉得我们会相处得很好的

1082–All right. 好吧

1083–We’ll go. 我们去就是了

1084–I wasn’t too thrilled about dinner with the Loskis和罗斯基一家吃晚餐 我并不惊讶

1085–but I could see it meant a lot to my mother. 但我知道 对妈妈来说这很重要

1086–At school the next day, I couldn’t seem to concentrate. 第二天在学校 我没法专心学习

1087–My thoughts kept running back to Daniel. 我不停地想起丹尼尔

1088–I wondered what my grandparents had gone through我在想 我的祖父母养育他这样的儿子

1089–having a son like him经受了多少困难

1090–when reality interrupted. 突然我的思路被打断了

1091–Bryce Loski likes you.  What? 布莱斯·罗斯基喜欢你 什么?

1092–He’s got a big crush on you. 他对你超有感觉

1093–What are you talking about? Bryce Loski does not have a crush on me. 你在说什么? 布莱斯·罗斯基对我没好感的

1094–Oh, yeah? In science, I caught him staring at you. 是吗? 自然课上 我看见他盯着你看

1095–He said it was because there was a bee in your hair. 他说因为你头发里有只蜜蜂

1096–Is that the lamest cover-up or what? 这简直是最傻的借口

1097–Maybe there was a bee. 可能真的有蜜蜂吧

1098–The only bee you’re attracting is B-R-Y-C-E. 你唯一吸引的蜜蜂就是布莱斯童鞋

1099–I’m telling you, that boy is lost in love land. 告诉你吧 这孩子已经陷入爱河了

1100–Come on.  Where? 跟我来 去哪儿

1101–I saw him sneaking off with Garrett. Come on. 我看见他和加利特溜到那边去了 来吧

1102–Are you freaking mental? Juli Baker. You hate her. 你疯了吗? 朱莉·贝克 你是讨厌她的

1103–That’s what’s so weird. I don’t think I do. 所以才奇怪啊 我觉得我不讨厌她

1104–I can’t stop thinking about her. 我总是在想她

1105–You got it bad, man.  What do I do? 你把事情搞砸了 那我该怎么办?

1106–You gotta nip this in the bud. 你要把这种感情扼杀在萌芽状态

1107–These aren’t real emotions.  They’re not? 它是假的 为什么是假的?

1108–You feel guilty because of the egg thing. 你是因为扔鸡蛋的事有负罪感

1109–Yeah, and I insulted her yard. 嗯 我还侮辱她的院子了

1110–Exactly. The place is a dump anyways. 当然 那地方的确像个垃圾场

1111–It’s not her fault. Her dad’s got a retarded brother这不是她的错 她爸爸有个智障哥哥

1112–and all their money goes to helping him. 家里的钱都拿去给他治病了

1113–A retard? Well, that ought to tell you something. 智障? 操 你也该看出来一些事吧

1114–About what?  About Juli. 什么事? 朱莉的

1115–What are you saying? 你说什么?

1116–The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, my friend. 树上掉下的苹果 能落到多远

1117–Oh, heh. Yeah. Right.  Yeah. 哦 原来如此 对啊 是啊

1118–I’ll talk to you later. 我先走了 一会找你

1119–Okay. 好的

1120–I’m sorry. I thought… 对不起 我以为…

1121–It’s okay. It’s fine. 没事 我很好

1122–And it was. 我真的没事

1123–Because now my confusion was gone. 因为现在我的困惑消失了

1124–I was sure I no longer liked Bryce Loski. 我确定自己不再喜欢布莱斯·罗斯基了

1125–Mom, are you trying to make the Bakers feel totally worthless? 妈 你这是要让贝克一家觉得自己倍有面子吗

1126–I want it to be nice. 我只想友善点

1127–And why aren’t you dressed?  I’m going. 你怎么还没穿好衣服? 马上

1128–I wanted to look good for Juli. 我想让朱莉觉得我穿得很帅

1129–But I didn’t want her to think that I wanted to look good for her. 但我不想让他觉得我是为了她才这样打扮

1130–It was a fine line. 要把身体的线条穿出来

1131–A very fine line. 很有型那种

1132–Bryce, they’re here. Come on down. 布莱斯 他们到了 快下来

1133–Coming! 来了

1134–Hey, come on in. 嗨 快进来

1135–Come in, come in. 进来坐 进来坐

1136–I’m glad you could make it. Lynetta, Steven, company’s here. 感谢你们大驾光临啊 丽奈特 史蒂芬 来客人了

1137–Coming!  What is this? Homemade pie? 来了 这是什么 自制馅饼吗?

1138–Yes, it’s pecan and blueberry cheesecake. 对 山核桃和蓝莓做的芝士蛋糕

1139–Let’s take them to the kitchen. 放到厨房去吧

1140–Hi, guys.  Hey, looking good. 你们好 精神不错啊

1141–This is my dad.  Hi, I’m Lynetta. 这是我爸爸 嗨 我是丽奈特

1142–Hi, nice to finally meet you. 嗨 很高兴终于见到你了

1143–Nice to meet you too. 我也很高兴认识你

1144–My boys are telling me that…  Hey, big guy. 我儿子跟我说… 嗨 老兄

1145–Hey, Steven. How are you? 嗨 史蒂芬 你好吗

1146–We should’ve done this a long time ago. Come on in. 我们早该聚聚了 进来吧

1147–This is a cool place. 你们家真漂亮

1148–Yeah, it’s all right. Come on, I’ll show you my room. 凑合吧 来给你们看我的房间

1149–You gotta hear this new song we wrote. 你该听听我们写的新歌

1150–It’s so good. 真不错

1151–Hi. 嗨

1152–You look nice. 你打扮得很漂亮

1153–I heard you and Garrett making fun of my uncle in the library. 我听见你和加利特在图书馆嘲笑我伯伯

1154–And I don’t wanna speak to you. 我不想理你了

1155–Not now, not ever. 永远也不想理你了

1156–And I say you can.  But what you’re proposing要我说 你可以 但你的看法

1157–would require a perpetual-motion machine, so it’s not possible. 是要用到一台永动机 这是不可能的

1158–If you had two opposite charged poles with a neutral conductor如果你用一个中性导体传导正负两极

1159–Perpetual motion? 永动机?

1160–Here I was, dying inside, and they were talking about perpetual motion. 我就站那 内心凌乱中 而他们居然在讨论永动机

1161–And how did Juli know about all that stuff? 朱莉怎么知道永动机这些名堂的?

1162–Come on, everybody, dinner’s ready. Lynetta! 来吧 晚餐好了 丽奈特

1163–Dinner! 晚饭好了

1164–Juli, can I talk to you? 朱莉 能听我解释吗

1165–It was wrong, what Garrett said. I know it. 加利特说得不对 我知道

1166–Did you know it was wrong when he said it? 他那样说的时候 你就知道不对了吗

1167–Yeah. I wanted to punch him. 嗯 我想揍他的

1168–But we were in the library. 但那时在图书馆嘛

1169–So instead you just agreed with him and laughed. 所以刚好相反 你赞同他说的 还跟他一起笑

1170–Yeah. 嗯

1171–Then that makes you a coward. 所以你表现得像个懦夫

1172–I had to sit across from Juli for an entire dinner. 整顿晚餐 我都傻愣愣地坐在朱莉对面

1173–My dad was right. 爸爸说得对

1174–We should have barbecued. 我们应该吃烧烤的

1175–I just want to say how wonderful it is to have you share a meal with us. 我只想说 能邀请你们共进晚餐是多么美好

1176–May it be the first of many. 可能这只是我们以后无数次晚餐的开始

1177–Wrong pipe. 嗓子痒

1178–Well, we couldn’t be happier. 我们也开心极了

1179–We are just all so thrilled to be here. 我们能到你家做客 都感到很荣幸

1180–Juli, you did a really nice job on your yard. 朱莉 你把你们家院子收拾得真漂亮

1181–Thanks. Chet was a big help. 谢谢 切特帮了大忙

1182–Yeah, I know. 嗯 我知道

1183–You gotta tell me your secret. 你必须把秘诀告诉我

1184–I can’t get him to do a thing around here. 切特在家是什么事都不肯做的

1185–Steven.  I kid. 史蒂芬 我开玩笑的

1186–I’m telling you, the neighborhood is really coming to life. 跟你说 这个街坊就快恢复生机了

1187–I mean, that new house is taking shape. 新修的房子也快成形了

1188–Which one? 哪个?

1189–You know, the one where they cut down that big ugly tree. 就是挨着以前那棵丑八怪大树的房子

1190–I wanted to say that a lot of people liked that tree, but I didn’t. 我想说很多人都喜欢那棵树 但不包括我

1191–I didn’t want to go against my dad. 我不想反驳爸爸

1192–Some people thought that tree was the jewel of the neighborhood. 有人认为那棵树是这片小区的珍珠

1193–Yeah, well, there’s no accounting for taste. 嗯 这样说的人什么品味啊

1194–So, Matt, Mark, Mark, Matt马特 马克 马克 马特

1195–You guys are, uh, gonna be graduating soon, huh? 你们过阵子就该毕业了吧

1196–Yeah, thank God. 嗯 谢天谢地啊

1197–You don’t like high school? 你们不喜欢高中吗

1198–You kidding?  No. 你开玩笑? 不喜欢

1199–High school was the best time of my life. 高中是我生命中最快乐的时光

1200–Not for us, no.  Yeah, we’ve had enough of that scene. 对我们来说不是 我们已经受够了高中

1201–So college is probably out of the question, huh? 所以 你们不打算读大学了?

1202–No, it’s a possibility. 不 可能去读

1203–They’ve actually been accepted其实他们已经

1204–at several places already.  Yes, they have. 被几所大学录取了 就是

1205–Really? 真的吗

1206–Well, that’s good. 太好了

1207–But, um, we’re gonna give music a shot first. 但是 我们想先做做音乐

1208–Really?  Oh, they are very talented. 真的? 他们在音乐方面很有天分

1209–Oh, their band is really boss. 他们的乐队很棒

1210–They did a bunch of demos and they’re really cool. 他们录了些唱片小样 很好听的

1211–Thanks, Lyn. 谢谢 丽奈特

1212–When Steven and I first met, he was playing in a band. 我第一次认识史蒂芬 他正在乐队里演奏

1213–You played in a band? 你在乐队里演奏?

1214–He was a wonderful saxophone player. 他是一个出色的萨克斯风手

1215–Cool. You still play?  Well, I… 不错啊 你还在演奏吗? 其实我…

1216–Well, if you want, you can come jam out with us sometime. 如果你愿意 你可以抽时间来加入我们

1217–Uh, you… 你们…

1218–No, I mean Heh. 我的意思是 不用了

1219–That’s not me anymore. 我很久不吹了

1220–Have you boys ever performed in front of an audience? 你们在舞台上表演过吗?

1221–A lot of times. 很多次了

1222–The more Matt and Mark talked about their musical exploits马特和马克聊音乐聊得越多

1223–the quieter my dad got. 我爸爸就越沉默

1224–He tried to plaster on a smile now and then他尝试伪装出一副笑脸

1225–but underneath he seemed really sad. 但内心里他很难过

1226–But my parents didn’t like him at first. 但我父母一开始不喜欢他

1227–Republicans fought like crazy against the New Deal. 共和党强烈抵触新政

1228–The rest of the evening was painless enough. 晚餐后半截过得不痛不痒

1229–But through it all, Juli didn’t say a word to me. 但整顿饭下来 朱莉一个字也没对我说

1230–Never even looked at me. 连看都不看我一眼

1231–Until she was about to leave. 直到她快要离开

1232–I’m sorry I was so angry when we first came in. 我刚进来时情绪太激动了 很抱歉

1233–I think everyone had a good time. 大家今晚都过得很开心

1234–Your mom was really nice to invite us. 你妈妈邀请我们来吃饭 她真好

1235–See you. 再见

1236–Her apology made things worse. 她的道歉让事情变得更糟

1237–Hey, wait for me.  I knew I wasn’t forgiven. 嗨 等等我 我知道我还是没被原谅

1238–It was like I wasn’t even important enough to hold a grudge against. 就像我根本不重要 不值得她生气一样

1239–Well, I think they’re a delightful family. 我觉得他们一家挺好的

1240–Those boys were nothing like I expected. 那两个儿子跟我想的完全不一样

1241–I thought they were very nice young men. 我觉得他们特别优秀

1242–Hoodlums.  What? 小兔崽子 什么?

1243–How you think they can afford all that recording gear? 你觉得他们买得起录音设备吗?

1244–Steven, please. You can’t just make an accusation like that. 史蒂芬 别说了 你不能随便下判断

1245–Don’t be so naive, Patsy. 别这么天真 帕蒂

1246–Do you know how expensive it is to record a demo? 你知道录一支试样要多少钱吗?

1247–They’re probably stealing hubcaps, for chrissake. 他们说不定还去偷毂盖来凑钱呢

1248–You are such an asshole. 你真混账

1249–What is the matter with you? 你他妈到底怎么回事?

1250–Go to hell. 去死吧

1251–Don’t you talk to me like that. 不准那样跟我说话

1252–Steven, stop! 史蒂芬 站在

1253–Nobody talks to me like that没人敢在我的房子里

1254–in my own house!  Stop! 那样跟我说话! 回来!

1255–I’d seen my father angry before, but this was different. 我以前见过爸爸生气的样子 但这次不同

1256–As I lay in bed that night那晚我躺在床上

1257–I thought about how my dad always looked down on the Bakers. 思考为什么爸爸总是瞧不起贝克一家

1258–And how he’d called them trash and made fun of Mr. Baker’s paintings. 他总说他们是废物 还嘲笑贝克先生的画

1259–And now I realized he was just mad at himself. 现在我知道 他只是不满意自己

1260–But why? 但为什么呢

1261–Juli called me a coward. 朱莉说我是懦夫

1262–Was it possible my dad was a coward too? 难道我爸爸也是懦夫

1263–I didn’t know. 不知道

1264–What difference did it make? 有什么区别吗

1265–Juli Baker was out of my life. 朱莉·贝克从我的生活中消失了

1266–Or, more accurately或者更确切地说

1267–I was out of hers. 我从她的生活中消失了

1268–As I was getting dressed for the Loskis’ dinner party我在为罗斯基家的晚宴准备衣服时

1269–I found myself staring at the painting my father had given me我一直盯着爸爸以前给我的那幅画

1270–and became furious all over again. 不禁一肚子气

1271–Bryce had never been a friend to me, ever. 布莱斯从来都不算我的朋友

1272–He hadn’t taken my side about the tree砍树的时候他没站住我这边

1273–he’d thrown away my eggs他扔掉我的鸡蛋

1274–and he made fun of me at my uncle’s expense. 他还开我伯伯的玩笑

1275–When my mother called that it was time to go… 当妈妈催我们出发时…

1276–Juli, let’s go, we’re late! 朱莉 快点 要迟到了

1277–I went out with every intention of telling her我想了千百个借口告诉她

1278–that I wasn’t going to the Loskis. 我不去吃饭了

1279–Please hold these. I need to check my hair really quickly one more time. 拿好这个 我要再次快速地理理发型

1280–Your hair is perfect.  Really? 你的发型棒极了 真的吗

1281–But she looked so happy但她看起来如此高兴

1282–and she’d gone to so much trouble over the pies that I couldn’t. 她为了做这些馅饼花了那么多心思 我不能不去

1283–Ooh! Oh, my gosh. Oh, God, what a disaster. 天哪 差点毁了

1284–Okay. Here, hold one, and you hold this. 好了 拿一个 你拿一个

1285–I don’t wanna hold it.  I won’t have you hold it. 我不想拿 我不会让你拿的

1286–Let’s go, boys. 儿子们 出发吧

1287–But that didn’t mean I had to be nice to Bryce. 但这不代表我要对布莱斯友善

1288–And I don’t wanna speak to you. 我不想和你说话了

1289–Not now, not ever. 现在不想 一辈子都不想了

1290–It felt good to take charge. 主动权在我手里的感觉真好

1291–I felt strong, in control. I told Bryce what I thought我觉得自己能掌控一切 我告诉布莱斯我的想法

1292–and I was determined not to talk to him for the rest of the evening. 也决心晚上不再跟他说话

1293–At dinner it struck me that晚餐时 我突然觉得

1294–we were sharing a meal with a group of strangers. 我们在和一群陌生人共进晚餐

1295–We’d lived across the street from the Loskis for years我们本来常年住在罗斯基家对街 不相来往

1296–but except for Chet, I didn’t know these people at all. 除了切特 这些人我都不了解

1297–Mr. Loski was clean and smooth on the outside罗斯基先生表面上看起来很干净整洁

1298–but it seemed like there was something rotten但他内心似乎装着

1299–buried just beneath the surface. 什么腐烂掉的东西

1300–By the end of the evening, all I felt was detached, neutral. 晚饭快结束的时候 我觉得我像个局外人 旁观者

1301–No fireworks, no leftover anger没有烟火 没有残余的气愤

1302–no flutters, nothing. 没有奉承谁

1303–See you. 再见

1304–I went to bed that night feeling peaceful. 我入睡的时候 感觉很平和

1305–You okay?  Yeah. 你还好吗? 很好啊

1306–I was grateful that I had the family I had. 我很庆幸 有现在这样的家庭

1307–And it felt good to no longer care about Bryce Loski. 我再也不用关心布莱斯·罗斯基了 这感觉真好

1308–The dinner with the Bakers had taken its toll on me. 跟贝克一家共进晚餐后 我的人品就一路狂跌

1309–Then the annual school fundraiser arrived学校一年一度的筹款活动到了

1310–and I found myself with a whole new set of problems. 我陷入一堆新难题

1311–I was a Basketboy. 我要做篮子男孩

1312–To fully appreciate the humiliation of being a Basketboy要欣赏篮子男孩遭到羞辱的盛况

1313–you need to know that the chosen few你要知道被选中的男孩

1314–are auctioned off in front of the student body要当着所有同学的面

1315–to the highest-bidding females. 被拍卖给出价最高的女生

1316–Yes, technically, each of us comes with a lunch in a basket虽然我们每个人都在篮子里放了午饭

1317–but let’s not kid ourselves. This was a beefcake parade. 但还是不要自欺欺人了 这是裸男大游行

1318–There he is, my idol. 我的偶像 在这呢

1319–One word, you’re a dead man. 一句话 你死定了

1320–No, man, I’m serious. Listen, you won’t believe this. 不 我认真的 你肯定不相信我

1321–What? 什么?

1322–Two of the hottest chicks are fighting over you. 两个极品小妞正在争着要你呢

1323–What are you talking about?  Sherry is breaking up with Mitch. 你在说什么? 雪利和米奇分手了

1324–She and Melanie are having a bidding war over you. 她和米娜妮会在拍卖会上争夺你

1325–I don’t care. 我不在乎

1326–Are you nuts? Sherry dumped Mitch because of you. 你傻了吗? 雪利跟米奇分手是因为你

1327–You’re my idol. 你是我的偶像

1328–As comforting as it was to be Garrett’s idol虽然成为加利特的偶像让人欣慰

1329–it didn’t diminish the horror of being Basketboy number nine. 但是要做篮子男孩 想想就很害怕

1330–And my only hope was that a giant tornado我唯一的期望就是来场龙卷风

1331–would destroy the school before the event. 在拍卖会之前把学校夷为平地

1332–It was a long shot. 几乎没有可能

1333–Welcome, everyone欢迎大家

1334–to this year’s Mayfield Boosters Club Auction. 参加今年梅菲尔德拍卖会

1335–Once again we are pleased to present再一次让我们荣幸地请出

1336–20 of Mayfield’s finest young men  Bryce, Bryce. 20位梅菲尔德的年轻人 布莱斯 布莱斯

1337–Bryce. 布莱斯

1338–What are you doing here?  Juli’s in the third row. 你来这干什么 朱莉坐第三排

1339–So?  So she’s got a wad of cash. 然后呢? 她拿了一大把钱

1340–Bullshit.  Bull-true. 鬼话 真话

1341–I saw her counting it by her locker. 我看见她在储物柜旁数钱了

1342–And now现在

1343–please give a big Mayfield School welcome请用热烈的掌声

1344–to your 1963 Basketboys. 欢迎1963年的篮子男孩们

1345–Juli with cash? What did this mean? 朱莉带现金了? 这代表什么?

1346–Was it possible she was gonna bid on me? 她有可能向我投标吗

1347–First up, we have第一位 我们请到了

1348–Raymond Hughes. 雷蒙·休

1349–Raymond’s on the chess team雷蒙来自围棋队

1350–and his hobbies include stamp collecting and the yo-yo. 他喜欢集邮和玩悠悠球

1351–Remember, when you bid记住 当你竞标时

1352–you’ll not only be getting the handsome Mr. Hughes你得到的不止是帅气的休先生

1353–you’ll also be enjoying你还会享受

1354–a lovely chicken-salad sandwich一份可爱的鸡肉沙拉三明治

1355–and what looks to be a tasty bean dip, and和一份看上去很香的豆酱

1356–Oh. Excuse me, onion dip. 对不起 是洋葱沙司

1357–And a big slice of cherry pie. 和一大片樱桃派

1358–Okay, who will start the bidding at $5? 好了 起拍价5美元

1359–Thus began the bidding.  Anybody? 拍卖开始了 有人吗

1360–Or in Raymond Hughes’ case, the lack of bidding. 或者就雷蒙·休个案来说 没有出价的

1361–Very good, here we go. 很好 就是你了

1362–Five.  Sold. 5美元 一次

1363–Ten dollars.  Sold. 10美元 一次

1364–Fifteen.  Sold. 15美元 一次

1365–Come on. Do I hear 10? 有出10美元的吗

1366–Ten.  Ten. 10美元 10美元

1367–Ten.  Peanut-butter-and-banana sandwich. 10美元 花生酱香蕉三明治

1368–Fifteen. 15美元

1369–Sold for $15. 15美元成交

1370–Number eight is Eddie Trulock. 第八位是艾迪·图鲁克

1371–Eddie is a member of the debate team. 艾迪是辩论队的一员

1372–Now only Eddie Trulock stood between me and the auction block. 现在我和拍卖台之间只隔着艾迪

1373–I wasn’t interested in his hobbies or what was in his basket. 我对他的爱好和他篮子里的食物一点也不感兴趣

1374–Let’s start the bidding at $5.  All I could think of was Juli. 5美元开始出价 我心里全想着朱莉

1375–Anybody?  What if she did bid on me? 有人吗? 要是她投我怎么办

1376–What if she got in a bidding war with Sherry and Melanie and lost out? 要是她和雪利 米娜妮一起争我 输掉了怎么办

1377–No bidders? 没有买家吗

1378–I was contemplating the horrors of this senario when我正在想这可怕的后果 这时

1379–Eight dollars. 8美元

1380–There you go. Eight dollars, that’s more like it. Do I hear 10? 有人出8美元 有人出10美元的吗

1381–Juli Baker was bidding on Eddie Trulock? 朱莉·贝克投给艾迪·图鲁克?

1382–Okay, 8 going once.  How could she bid on Eddie? 8美元一次 她怎么能投给艾迪?

1383–Eight going twice.  How could she bid on anyone? 8美元两次 她怎么能投给别人呢

1384–Sold to Juli Baker. 朱莉·贝克成交

1385–Next is Basketboy number nine, Bryce Loski. 下一位是九号 布莱斯·罗斯基

1386–I knew I was supposed to step forward, but I couldn’t move. 我知道我该往前一步 但我走不动

1387–Step up, Bryce, don’t be shy. 向前一步 布莱斯 不要害羞

1388–Better late than never. Ha, ha. 迟到总比不到的好 哈哈

1389–Bryce likes to play baseball. 布莱斯喜欢棒球

1390–Five dollars.  Oh, well, wait until l5美元 等我先

1391–Ten.  Oh. 10美元 哇

1392–Well, it appears the bidding is underway. 看起来拍卖已经开始了

1393–Fifteen.  Twenty. 15美元 20美元

1394–25 30 Twenty-five.  Thirty.

1395–35 40 Thirty-five.  Forty.

1396–Fifty.  Oh, my. 50 我的天

1397–Fifty dollars. Wh50美元

1398–Fifty going once. 50美元一次

1399–Fifty going twice. 50美元两次

1400–Sold to Miss Sherry Stalls for $50. 50美元拍给雪利小姐

1401–An all-time record. 竞价再创新高

1402–Oh, the boosters will be very grateful for such a generous donation. 支持者们会感激这么慷慨的捐助的

1403–It’s strange. 很奇怪

1404–Here I was, having lunch with the hottest girl in school我正在和学校最漂亮的女孩吃午饭

1405–and I was miserable. 却自我感觉很悲催

1406–We’re going up to the lake. My dad has a cabin there我们会去湖边 我爸爸在那有座木屋

1407–and you get the most outrageous tan. 你能晒出最好看的肤色

1408–Because less than 20 feet away from me was Juli. 因为离我不到20英尺就坐着朱莉

1409–My Juli with Eddie Trulock. 我的朱莉和艾迪·图鲁克一起

1410–She’s laughing. 她在笑

1411–What was she laughing about? 她在笑什么

1412–How could she sit there and laugh and look so beautiful? 她坐在那怎么能笑得这么开心 看着还这么美?

1413–Bryce, are you all right? 布莱斯 你怎么了

1414–What? 什么

1415–What are you staring at? 你在看什么

1416–Nothing. 没什么

1417–Lunch is really delicious, Bryce. 午饭很好吃 布莱斯

1418–Bryce, did you hear me? 布莱斯 你在听我说话吗

1419–This is a really delicious lunch. 这顿午餐很好吃

1420–Can we not talk about tans or food? 我们可以不聊晒肤色或食物吗

1421–Well, what do you wanna talk about? 那你想聊什么

1422–I don’t know, perpetual motion? Do you know anything about that? 不知道 永动机? 你知道永动机吗

1423–Perpetual what? 永动啥?

1424–I don’t know what came over me. 我不知道我当时在想什么

1425–It was like I was possessed or something. 我像被鬼附身了

1426–Juli, I gotta talk to you.  What? 朱莉 我要和你谈谈 什么?

1427–What’s going on, Bryce? 怎么了 布莱斯?

1428–What are you doing? 你要干嘛?

1429–Bryce, stop it. 布莱斯 打住

1430–Bryce, you didn’t even make it to first base. 布莱斯 你还没到一垒呢

1431–I’ll kiss you. Ha, ha. 我要吻你 哈哈

1432–Juli! Juli! 朱莉 朱莉

1433–Juli, wait. Can we talk? 朱莉 等等 我们能聊聊吗

1434–Juli! 朱莉

1435–What’s the matter with you?  Leave me alone, Garrett. 你疯了吗 别烦我 加利特

1436–You get a date with the finest girl on campus and you blow it for Juli. 你和校花在约会 你确为了朱莉不鸟她

1437–You wouldn’t understand!  I completely don’t understand! 你不会明白! 我完全不明白

1438–We’re talking about Juli Baker here. 我们说的是朱莉·贝克

1439–Nightmare neighbor, know-it-all nuisance. 噩梦般的邻居 无所不知的讨厌鬼

1440–The coop-poop babe. 甩不掉的跟屁虫

1441–Shut up! 住嘴

1442–Hey, have you flipped? What’s the matter with you? 你对她动心了吗 你怎么了

1443–You know what, if you’re gonna be like this,要是你非这样不可

1444–I don’t need the association. 我就不理你了

1445–Well, good, because neither do I.  Yeah, neither do I! 很好啊 我也不想理你 正合我意

1446–As I walked home with the dirty dishes clanking inside my picnic basket我回家时 脏碗脏碟在我的篮子里晃来晃去

1447–all I could think of was Juli. 而我一直想着朱莉

1448–And I realized Garrett was right about one thing:我意识到加利特一件事是说对了

1449–I had flipped. Completely. 我心动了 完全心动了

1450–Hello? 你好

1451–Oh, heh. Hi, Mrs. Baker. Is Juli there? 你好 贝克太太 朱莉在吗

1452–Oh. I’m sorry, Bryce. Juli doesn’t wanna talk. 对不起 布莱斯 朱莉不想说话

1453–Please, Mrs. Baker. I gotta see her. 求你了 贝克太太 我必须见她

1454–I’m sorry, Bryce. 对不起 布莱斯

1455–But I’m afraid she’s locked herself in her room. 恐怕她把自己关在卧室里了

1456–I tried to go to bed early that night那晚我早早上床了

1457–but I couldn’t sleep. 但我睡不着

1458–I watched her house from my window for hours. 我透过窗户看她的房子 一看数个小时

1459–I had to find a way to show her how I felt. 我必须找一种办法告诉她我的想法

1460–Monday morning, as I made my way into school周一早上 在我去学校的路上

1461–I was deciding which of the Everly Brothers I’d rather marry我在想我愿意嫁给艾佛里兄弟(歌手)中的哪一个

1462–when Dana Tressler forced Bryce back into my brain. 突然戴娜·切斯勒把布莱斯挤进我的脑海

1463–Juli. The list is out. 朱莉 名单出来了

1464–There he is, number nine, your main dish. 他是九号 你的主菜

1465–Bryce Loski’s not my main dish. 布莱斯·罗斯基不是我的主菜

1466–Oh, you’re sticking to your diet. 你还是坚持自己的食谱

1467–It’s not a diet, Dana. 那不是我的食谱 戴娜

1468–I’m over him, okay?  I’m glad to hear it. 我已经不喜欢他了 很高兴听你这样说

1469–Because rumor has it Sherry’s already staking her claim on him. 因为有传言说雪利已经公开要他了

1470–Sherry? Sherry Stalls? 雪利? 雪利·斯通?

1471–Oh, Liz. Macy. The list is up. 利兹 梅西 名单出来了

1472–That afternoon, I found myself obsessing about the Basketboy auction. 那个下午 我一直在想篮子男孩拍卖会的事

1473–I could feel myself backsliding about Bryce. 我感到自己在怀念布莱斯的一切

1474–But why should I care if Sherry liked him? 但如果雪利喜欢他 跟我有何关系

1475–I shouldn’t even be thinking about him. 我根本不该想他

1476–I had to rise above this. 我要摆脱这种困扰

1477–Bryce Loski was no longer in my life. 布莱斯·罗斯基不再是我生活的一部分

1478–On the morning of the auction, I was on edge. 拍卖会那天早上 我纠结了

1479–I found myself, without even knowing how it happened,我莫名其妙地

1480–staring at my egg money. 对卖鸡蛋存的钱虎视眈眈

1481–I needed a strategy. 我需要一个策略

1482–It was simple. 很简单

1483–If I left my money at home, I’d leave temptation with it. 如果我把钱留在家里 就不会受它诱惑了

1484–My strategy suffered a setback when I ran into Mrs. Steuby. 我的策略在遇到斯特比太太时受挫了

1485–Julianna. 朱莉安娜

1486–Julianna. 朱莉安娜

1487–Hello, dear. 你好 亲爱的

1488–I’m so sorry it’s taken me so long to get this to you实在抱歉 过了这么久才把钱给你

1489–but I keep missing you in the morning. 但我从一大早就开始想你

1490–Mrs. Steuby, I don’t want that. You don’t have to… 斯特比太太 我不需要 你没必要…

1491–Don’t be ridiculous. I’m gonna pay you. 别这样 我肯定要付你钱的

1492–I’m going to pay you.  I don’t want that. I don’t want it. 我要付你钱 我不想要 我不想要

1493–Yeah, I want you to go out and buy yourself something festive. 我要你去买点节庆的礼物犒赏自己

1494–Pedal pushers. Ha, ha. 七分裤吧 哈哈

1495–Mrs. Steuby.  Bye, dear. 斯特比太太 再见 亲爱的

1496–Mrs. Steuby, I don’t want pedal pushers. 斯特比太太 我不想要七分裤

1497–No, no. You’ll look great. 不 会很衬你的

1498–It’s okay. 好吧

1499–It’s okay. No big deal. Just pretend like I don’t have it. 好吧 没啥大不了的 就假装我没拿到这笔钱

1500–I hear you’re planning to bid on Bryce. 我听说你准备投布莱斯

1501–What? Who told you that? No, I’m not. 什么 谁给你说的 我不会

1502–Someone saw you with a wad of cash this morning. 有人看见你早上拿了一笔钱

1503–How much do you have?  It’s none of your business. 你有多少钱? 跟你无关

1504–And I’m not bidding, okay? I don’t even like him anymore. 而且我不投标 我不喜欢他了

1505–Oh, that’ll be the day. 太阳打西边出来了

1506–It’s true. Go ahead, waste your money on him. I don’t care. 真的 去把你的钱浪费在他身上吧 我不介意

1507–And now, will you all give a big Mayfield School welcome现在 请用热烈的掌声

1508–to your 1963 Basketboys. 欢迎1963年的篮子男孩们

1509–I could say I didn’t care all I wanted我可以说我当时并不在乎

1510–but seeing Bryce walk out in his jacket and tie但当我看见布莱斯穿着夹克打着领带

1511–holding that picnic basket提着那个野餐篮子时

1512–set my head spinning again. 我的大脑又混乱了

1513–Fifteen going once. 15美元一次

1514–The auction seemed to fly by.  Fifteen going twice. 拍卖的时间过得很快 15美元两次

1515–Sold to Macy Taylor for $15. 梅西·泰勒15美元竞标成功

1516–Before I knew it, Eddie Trulock was called. 我还没反应过来 就叫到艾迪·图鲁克了

1517–Number eight is Eddie Trulock. 艾迪·图鲁克是八号

1518–Which meant Bryce was next. 就是说布莱斯是下一个

1519–Eddie is a member of the debate team. 艾迪是辩论队的一员

1520–And his hobbies include fishing他的爱好包括钓鱼

1521–and model-airplane building. 和做飞机模型

1522–Who will give me $5? 谁出5美元?

1523–Why isn’t anyone bidding? He’s so nice.  Exactly. 为什么没人出价呢 他挺好的啊 是啊

1524–Nobody? 没人吗

1525–Eight dollars. 8美元

1526–Sold to Juli Baker for $8. 8美元卖给朱莉·贝克

1527–How did this happen? 这是什么情况

1528–Was it because I felt bad for Eddie? 是因为我同情艾迪吗

1529–Or was it because I couldn’t trust myself with Bryce? 或者因为我不相信能拍到布莱斯?

1530–As I made my way to the multi-purpose room在我去多功能厅的路上

1531–I contemplated the startling turn of events. 我思考着事情转变那一刻的经过

1532–Here I was, about to have lunch with Eddie Trulock于是 我就准备和艾迪·图鲁克共进午餐了

1533–while the boy I mooned over for half my life而我朝思暮想了半辈子的男孩

1534–was going to share a meal with my mortal enemy. 却要和我的宿敌坐在一起吃饭

1535–I wanna thank you for bidding on me. 谢谢你投我

1536–It was touch-and-go there for a while. 本来我就是走个过场

1537–No, I wanted to. This will be fun. 不 我想投你 挺有意思的

1538–I hear you like building model airplanes.  Yeah. 听说你喜欢修飞机模型 是啊

1539–My father and I just finished a Russian MiG-19. 我和爸爸刚建好一架俄国MiG-19

1540–It was made in 1955. 是1955年制造的

1541–MiG’s first supersonic fighter. MiG是第一架超音速战斗机

1542–Little tricky because the cockpit was recessed难在它的驾驶室是凹进去的

1543–I tried to give Eddie my full attention. 我想把注意力都集中在艾迪身上

1544–But it was difficult, because Bryce was right behind him. 但很困难 因为布莱斯就坐在他身后

1545–Eddie was saying something about intake valves艾迪在说什么进气阀

1546–when out of nowhere, Bryce stood up and marched straight towards me. 突然 布莱斯站起来朝我走过来了

1547–Hey, Juli, I gotta talk to you. 嗨 朱莉 我要跟你谈谈

1548–What are you doing? 你在干嘛?

1549–He was going to kiss me. To kiss me. 他想亲我 他想亲我

1550–All my life I’ve been waiting for that kiss. 这辈子我都在等那个吻

1551–But not like this. Not this way. 但不是这个 不是这样

1552–I pedaled home so hard, I thought my lungs would burst. 我飞快地骑车回家 我觉得我的肺快爆炸了

1553–Julianna? 朱莉安娜?

1554–Julianna. 朱莉安娜

1555–Honey? 亲爱的?

1556–What’s wrong? 怎么了

1557–I can’t. 我不能说

1558–Sweetheart宝贝

1559–you can tell me. 你可以对我说

1560–Bryce tried to kiss me. 布莱斯想吻我

1561–He did? 真的吗

1562–In school. 在学校里

1563–In front of everybody. 当着大家的面

1564–Mom, please don’t get it. 妈妈 别开门

1565–It’s probably him. 可能是他

1566–Sweetheart宝贝

1567–maybe you should talk to him. 也许你该找他谈谈

1568–I can’t. 不行

1569–I can’t. 不行

1570–Bryce wouldn’t leave me alone. 布莱斯不肯放过我

1571–He kept calling on the phone. 他不停地打电话

1572–And knocking on the door. 敲门

1573–He even snuck around the house and tapped on my window. 甚至爬上房子敲我的窗户

1574–Juli! Please, I gotta see you! 朱莉 求你了 我要见你

1575–Come on out, just for a minute! 出来一下 就一分钟

1576–Why didn’t he understand that I just wanted to be left alone? 他怎么不明白我不想见他

1577–Please! 求你了

1578–After two days, Bryce stopped. 两天后 布莱斯终于收手了

1579–And I thought it was finally over. 我以为彻底结束了

1580–Then, one afternoon, I was coming into the front room to read直到一天下午 我到前厅看书

1581–when I heard a noise in the yard. 听见院子里有响声

1582–Hey, what’s he doing? 他在干嘛

1583–Juli, calm down. I gave him permission. 朱莉 冷静点 我允许他那样的

1584–Permission? Permission for what? He’s digging a hole. 允许? 允许什么 他在挖洞啊

1585–I told him he could. 我同意他挖的

1586–But why? 为什么

1587–I told him he could. 我同意了的

1588–It was torture seeing him dig up my grass. 看他在我的草地上挖洞 让我很难受

1589–How could my father let him do this? 为什么爸爸允许他挖洞

1590–Bryce knew I was there too. 布莱斯知道我在看着他

1591–He’s gone. 他走了

1592–A tree? 树?

1593–He’s planting a tree? 他在种树?

1594–Is it a? 是… ?

1595–I didn’t really need to ask. 无须多问

1596–I could tell from the shape of the leaves从叶子的形状

1597–and the texture of the trunk. 和枝干的纹路来看

1598–It was a sycamore tree. 是一棵无花果树

1599–When she walked out of the door,当她走出那扇门

1600–I thought back to the first time I saw her. 我想起第一次见她

1601–How could anybody, ever, have wanted to run away from Juli Baker? 怎么会有人想从朱莉·贝克手里挣脱呢

1602–He looked at me with those eyes. 他用那双眼睛看着我

1603–Those once again dazzling eyes. 忽闪忽闪的大眼睛

1604–And I knew that Bryce Loski was still walking around with my first kiss. 我就知道布莱斯·罗斯基仍然欠我一个初吻

1605–But he wouldn’t be for long. 但他不会让我久等了

1606–As we stood there, I realized that all these years当我们站在那儿 我意识到这么些年

1607–we never really talked. 我们没有真正地交谈过

1608–Do you need some help? 需要帮助吗

1609–Yeah. 嗯

1610–But that day, we started. 但那天 我们开始交流了

1611–And I knew we’d be talking for a long time. 我知道我们会说很久很久

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注